News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

ppete1975

Something the park leaned into early was extinction and poaching, between the safari and kali river originally there was a strong message/ I would like to see them make it a rhino, elephant, big cat area. You dont need to beat people over the head and make them sad with the message (the reason they have backed off of it before), but use some IP and do something to make young kids want to care about the animals that they will probably outlive. I dont care if its zootopia, or what but at some point remind people that there are real animals that need our help. You dont have to be overly preachy and can still be fun, but at the least make people care.

UNCgolf

Not sure what you mean by not a "ride the movie" type ride, but personally I have thought a good option would be a varient of the 20K subs from Tokyo takins us underwater to see the animals and setting used in Way of Water. I also think as a low key attraction that a proper walking trail where you see Pandora animals would be cool addition as something that can be done without a wait.

I don't think a coaster is what the land or park needs.

Plus, Flight of Passage is already a ride about flying. A coaster would be doubling down, and would also really detract from Pandora as a setting unless they hid it back in a corner somewhere where it wasn't visible.

celluloid

I would hope less than ten years. I hope Moana / Zootopia (Dinoland overhaul) is announced at Destination D in November

Well The Blue Sky part is already technically announced.(I know Blue Sky, but they did it to create hype so it is still what we have) I can't imagine all of that being done in less than 9 and a half years with their current going rate, and the bigger issue, I can't imagine anything bigger being announced by the time the next ten years pass. It is not just the build, but how they rest on it after it is built.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

I would hope less than ten years. I hope Moana / Zootopia (Dinoland overhaul) is announced at Destination D in November
It’s pointless to announce anything at Destination D. It takes them 2 1/2 - 3 years to build under normal circumstances. They wouldn’t be able to counter Epic Universe opening summer 2025 if they announce that late. They need to start building by summer if they hope to maintain a semblance of their current market share come 2025.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I dont care if its zootopia, or what but at some point remind people that there are real animals that need our help. You dont have to be overly preachy and can still be fun, but at the least make people care.
So the ten year Blue Sky Plan is Encanto/Coco Magic Kingdom and Moana and Zootopia in Animal Kingdom? It is hard to get excited about that for the next ten years, even if half of it happens.
Guys, do I have to repeat what I recently said on this thread? The Moana/Zootopia at AK presentation was just to come up with potentials for replacing DinoLand. It's an idea for an opportunity, but don't expect them to green light what was in the concept art. It may drastically change.

KingMickey13

Guys, do I have to repeat what I recently said on this thread? The Moana/Zootopia at AK presentation was just to come up with potentials for replacing DinoLand. It's an idea for an opportunity, but don't expect them to green light what was in the concept art. It may drastically change.
It could change, it could not happen at all, it could happen exactly as presented. You don’t know and we don’t either.

MagicHappens1971

It has been highly rumored that the Moana (phase 1) expansion is very close to being green lit.

doctornick

It’s pointless to announce anything at Destination D. It takes them 2 1/2 - 3 years to build under normal circumstances. They wouldn’t be able to counter Epic Universe opening summer 2025 if they announce that late. They need to start building by summer if they hope to maintain a semblance of their current market share come 2025.
They should have shovels in the ground already so they could open something new by mid to late 2025.

doctornick

It could change, it could not happen at all, it could happen exactly as presented. You don’t know and we don’t either.
Insiders have indicated that the concept art is projects strongly under consideration and the Moana concept is/was close to be approved. To the extent that it was thought Moana was going to be officially announced at D23.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Insiders have indicated that the concept art is projects strongly under consideration and the Moana concept is/was close to be approved. To the extent that it was thought Moana was going to be officially announced at D23.
Maybe they changed their mind? Remember that it was all "Blue Sky" stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom