News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
No.

Anyway, from what I saw from D23 and now know, the whole point of the Blue Sky presentation for the project was to come up with potentials for a DinoLand change. I’m not saying (and I doubt) that the areas that we saw in the concept art will get greenlit, but it gives us an idea of an opportunity. It’s just like back in the early 2000s where Disneyland came up with an idea on a potential "third gate" where the Toy Story parking lot is now.
And I think DinoLand should become part of either a new South America or Australia land at AK, basically a "Dino Institute" sub-land.

doctornick

And I think DinoLand should become part of either a new South America or Australia land at AK, basically a "Dino Institute" sub-land.
It sounded like the plan is potentially to take the Dinorama part into a Moana area and have that plus the Nemo theater be a new distinct land themed to Oceana or such. Someone even had mentioned that some animal enclosures for that part of the world would be included.

The rest of Dinoland would potentially remain as a Dinosaur are or would become Zootopia themed, but would be separate from the Oceana one.

KingMickey13

I thought Pandora had expansion pads of its own.
I don't know if it has an official expansion pad, but overhead look on Google maps shows some potential for expansion for sure. Might have to move a parking lot or some shrubbery but it looks doable.
It does. There were original plans for 3 Pandora attractions. The spot is meant for a future attraction.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
It sounded like the plan is potentially to take the Dinorama part into a Moana area and have that plus the Nemo theater be a new distinct land themed to Oceana or such. Someone even had mentioned that some animal enclosures for that part of the world would be included.

The rest of Dinoland would potentially remain as a Dinosaur are or would become Zootopia themed, but would be separate from the Oceana one.
I will say this again: From what I saw from D23 and now know, the whole point of the Blue Sky presentation for the project was to come up with potentials for a DinoLand change. I’m not saying (and I doubt) that the areas that we saw in the concept art will get greenlit, but it gives us an idea of an opportunity. It’s just like back in the early 2000s where Disneyland came up with an idea on a potential "third gate" where the Toy Story parking lot is now.

Basically, what they plan to do with DinoLand may end up totally different from the concept art. Could it be Moana/Zootopia, or could it be for something different? I prefer Australia and/or South America.

Last edited:

BrianLo

The parking lot there is marked as expansion space for a new attraction. There’s also space along the walkway to Africa that could be used for additional food or merch.

Yup! They even have an in park nod to the expansion pad, which they've labeled as Restoration Zone B (Closed Refinery) - bottom right of the map.

tempImageyGUZUq.jpg

FigmentFan82

A 3rd Avatar attraction should be a no brainer with Avatar 2 already bringing in over 2bil ww and I don't think you'd find any box office analyst that would argue that Avatar 3 won't do the same. Give credit where credit is due and funnel some of that money back into Pandora Land. They will only continue to make more money from this franchise, there is almost no risk. Even the risk averse Disney should see that by now

ToTBellHop

A 3rd Avatar attraction should be a no brainer with Avatar 2 already bringing in over 2bil ww and I don't think you'd find any box office analyst that would argue that Avatar 3 won't do the same. Give credit where credit is due and funnel some of that money back into Pandora Land. They will only continue to make more money from this franchise, there is almost no risk. Even the risk averse Disney should see that by now
Absolutely. And it feels like an Iger move.

doctornick

an Avatar water based ride would be cool, but it needs to be a real ride, not a "ride the movie" type ride...and if it is an E ticket, they need something to go with it that is a B or C ticket to further flesh out the land... What about a Banshee flying coaster?

Not sure what you mean by not a "ride the movie" type ride, but personally I have thought a good option would be a varient of the 20K subs from Tokyo takins us underwater to see the animals and setting used in Way of Water. I also think as a low key attraction that a proper walking trail where you see Pandora animals would be cool addition as something that can be done without a wait.

I don't think a coaster is what the land or park needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom