News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Brer Oswald

Sure you can, but that would be kind of pointless, especially since the existence of the train would make development, construction, etc. harder as they'd have to work/plan around the train tracks -- I think it's pretty unlikely Disney would want to keep the train if they built a new land up there.

It would also be a relatively long walking path if it was all the way up at Rafiki's current location, so they'd probably want shops, QS, or something else along the way so people weren't just trekking through empty space. The train would be a hindrance to that too.

Not that they couldn't work around it (obviously they could), but I don't think they'd consider it worth the hassle.
I think it would be more viable to create a train “ride” with a completely different track layout.

doctornick

Where, specifically were Imagineers spotted recently? That could inform our suppositions on what gets built first.
I’m all for building Moana on the Dinorama plot while building Zootopia at the same time… somewhere else. Get everything open ASAP and ideally keep Dinoland USA open and running.

That said, what I really don’t get is why they don’t add a third attraction to Pandora.

Last edited:

jhendrix

Any chance, after the huge fan reaction at D23 last year to the Villains land and the lackluster applause to Moana and Zootopia, that Disney decides to split the wealth and move Villains to AK instead where Dinoland is, and, I don't know, call it "Beastly Kingdom" or something...?

RSoxNo1

It's such a weird IP. It made $1bn worldwide, it's a top 10 streaming title on D+, the spinoff shorts were popular, the character meet and greet at DCA still gets a line 7 years later... but it just can't move merch in the US.
Maybe... and hear me out. People just like it as movie and we don't need to express that fandom across other mediums?

For what it's worth, Mickey Views is suggesting that Zootopia is coming to DAK but not DINOSAUR. I've long thought of the logistics on how to get to the plot of land North of Asia and so far the best idea I've come up with is to replace the train with a Skyliner. Alternatively, they could make the train a shuttle with a switch track and eliminate the track loop that butts up against Maharajah Jungle Trek.

Either way, I still don't like Zootopia in DAK but would prefer it as a separated land / new build instead of a replacement to Dinoland.

TheMaxRebo

Does Moana even warrant an entire land based around it? I mean, is her island really a Hogwarts-level location that everyone wants to explore?

It's definitely has a look and feel to it, really good music, etc.

Definitely hear big cheers during the Moana sections of any night time shows it is part of

it is constantly still in the top list of streaming downloads, etc.

I think as much as anything not Frozen of anything semi-recent

Skibum1970

I would prefer the Moana ride and upgrade Dinosaur or fix its animatronics. No way Villains should be a land in AK. Put that over in DHS.

999th Happy Haunt

Does Moana even warrant an entire land based around it? I mean, is her island really a Hogwarts-level location that everyone wants to explore?
This made me think and I don’t know if I can’t think of any location that is on a Hogwarts level of the general public wanting to visit. The only opponents I can think of are the Millennium Falcon (now a lackluster attraction) and maybe Jurassic Park (right next to HP in IoA). I haven’t watched any Lord of the Rings but from what I know it could be a contender.

The lesson learned here is Islands might be the park with the best wish fulfillment for franchise movie fans with recreations of Hogsmede and JP right next to each other.

the_rich

This made me think and I don’t know if I can’t think of any location that is on a Hogwarts level of the general public wanting to visit. The only opponents I can think of are the Millennium Falcon (now a lackluster attraction) and maybe Jurassic Park (right next to HP in IoA). I haven’t watched any Lord of the Rings but from what I know it could be a contender.

The lesson learned here is Islands might be the park with the best wish fulfillment for franchise movie fans with recreations of Hogsmede and JP right next to each other.
Wakanda for me. Lotr; maybe the shire. But you can actually go to the real place in New zealand.

James Alucobond

Most properties just aren't setting-forward, at least not in a way that simultaneously evokes a sense of familiarity and comfort while also being elaborate and intriguing. In my opinion, Jurassic Park and Lord of the Rings honestly don't even come close to the Wizarding World, and I actually kind of doubt even the French Ministry of Magical Affairs will have the same effect. Of the properties available at either park, Hyrule might come the closest considering how integral exploration of a singular setting throughout time is to the series, but Zelda does not have the popularity of Harry Potter, and I doubt any land they build for it would have the proper scope. It would at the very least need a proper castle, castle town, and Temple of Time.

MagicHappens1971

Most properties just aren't setting-forward, at least not in a way that simultaneously evokes a sense of familiarity and comfort while also being elaborate and intriguing. In my opinion, Jurassic Park and Lord of the Rings honestly don't even come close to the Wizarding World, and I actually kind of doubt even the French Ministry of Magical Affairs will have the same effect.
The inside is going to the British Ministry of Magic as featured in the original books & films. .

James Alucobond

The inside is going to the British Ministry of Magic as featured in the original books & films. .
As part of the ride, yes? I was under the impression that it takes you through the Floo Network but that the land itself where shopping, dining, etc. occur will all be themed to France, meaning it's not really the same feel as shopping along Diagon Alley or dining in Hogsmeade.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For fun...

DAK North of Kali.png

mysto

Wait, do we care about the general public?

Advisable Joseph

So is dinosour safe if zootopia isnt going into dinoland?
Could be Indy with Dinosaurs. Heck, it could be Zootopians studying prehistoric animals, as a museum of natural history played a major role in the movie, with the rumor you're referring to meaning Zootopia land would go somewhere else.

Heck, why not Donald Duck and Prof. Von Drake meet dinos?

I even saw rumors of something totally different, like the Jungle Book, from the source of the rumor you referred to.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Shanghai's upcoming Zootopia land is slightly smaller than the area of DHS's Launch Bay, the Animation office building, and the adjacent operations building. IMO that seems like a slam dunk vs DAK. DHS is a park that already celebrates animation and urban locales. Plus, like DAK, the park still could use more capacity and rides.
It makes too much sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom