Yuck!!!!!!!!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Is this like Face/Off? Oh man, when I'm, like, 50 or 60 I'd love to get Harrison Ford's or Sean Connery's face!! :lol: :cool:

Sean Connery was next on my list!~ :lol: :cool:

no2apprentice

Skin has been harvested from donors for years, mainly for burn victims and people who suffer from severe skin diseases. I can see the challenges for the face, though...what if the muscles don't move the skin where the skin used to be moved on the donor? There would be a whole new set of fine lines and wrinkles. That is, if they can get the skin to move with the fine motor function of the facial muscles.

I'm putting way too much thought into this. Time for some ice cream!

tenchu

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Skin has been harvested from donors for years, mainly for burn victims and people who suffer from severe skin diseases. I can see the challenges for the face, though...what if the muscles don't move the skin where the skin used to be moved on the donor? There would be a whole new set of fine lines and wrinkles. That is, if they can get the skin to move with the fine motor function of the facial muscles.

I'm putting way too much thought into this. Time for some ice cream!

Yup, I was having the same thoughts.

And at this stage, it's surely going to look hideous, no matter who's face you'd want to put on.

WDWSwashbuckler

But see, what if someone wants to looks hideous? I mean, what if my life dream was to look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame???...

In any case, I wonder if they could make your face look like a skull without starving you first... That would be cool to do in the final days of your life, be the Grim Reaper... :p

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Well, they've been talking about this on the radio a lot, joking about there being a sudden rash of pretty people getting knocked off in mall parking lots. :lol: which is funny in a really bad way. :eek: But seriously, I'm an organ donor. And not that anybody would want it, but I don't know that I'd want my entire face removed after I died. I know it doesn't really matter at that point, but it just seems so odd.

Scientist's haircut? :lookaroun

tenchu

Originally posted by dadisneynutter
But see, what if someone wants to looks hideous? I mean, what if my life dream was to look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame???...

In any case, I wonder if they could make your face look like a skull without starving you first... That would be cool to do in the final days of your life, be the Grim Reaper... :p

Well it would be relatively easy to do that already, no need for a face transplant for that.

Remove a few muscles, a bit of liposuction, and bob is your mum's brother.

tigsmom

As gross as this sounds, its exciting too. I personally know someone who would be a very good candidate for this...face destroyed bit by bit by cancer since childhood. (now 40ish).
Is it ethical...I don't know, but I do remember all the controversy with test tube babies back in the 70's (its been 25 years since the first one) and its common place now. You never know where science will take you.........

The Mom

Premium Member
People had the same "yuck" reaction when ANY transplant surgery was started back in the 60s. Some people STILL feel that way, but not the guy I know who had a heart transplant last year.

Maria

Originally posted by dadisneynutter

You can always request Michael Jackson´s features! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom