YUCK! AK is in a MESS!

Lucky

Yesterday we were going to see the Safari ride in AK but to get there we had to walk through the worst looking mess of a Disney park area I've ever seen.
There were wires dangling from rusty poles.
Paint missing on buildings.
The ground was stained from who knows what.
The restroom buildings were covered with old posters that people had tried to peel off.
What has happened to the clean-ups that Disney was famous for?
Budget cuts are ruining the place.
I heard there are less people coming to Disneyworld and I can see why.

We just decided not to even try the Safari.
If that's how Disney keeps its buildings we figured the Safari trucks should be a mess and break down out where the animals might hurt us.

We just watched the parade (good, BTW) and then left the park to try and eat somewhere better (Cracker Barrel, just down the freeway).

Tomorrow we are going to go back to AK and try the Everest mountain ride.
That area is NEW, at least so it should not have had time to become so run-down (I hope)!
Those animals can hurt you anywhere in the park. There's a raccoon in the Pocahantas show that might be rabid. But at least they have young children sit in the front rows, to protect the adults.

Gorjus

First we went into the Great Movie Ride at MGM. Our ride vehicle was hijacked by some psycho with a wierd accent. :lol:

:rolleyes: See, now doesn't that just go to show you how lame it is to search bags before entering a park. I mean for pete's sake, how did that psycho get into MGM with a GUN?!:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Or how about how Disney Cast members aren't as friendly as they used to be. I even saw one cast member at Indiana Jones go 'postal' on this one unsuspecting, brightly dressed guy who volunteered to be part of the show. Jeesh, how rude can you be? I hope that CM was fired.:rolleyes:

When we were ther 2 years ago, Disney actually had the nerve to let it rain one of the days. I complained to guest services, but they said there was nothing they could do about the weather. AS IF!!!! This is Disney for cryin out loud. I paid good money for our vacation, the least they could have done was make sure theu sun was out every day!!!:brick: :brick: :brick:

Meeko

Has anyone seen the supposedly "new" sign out front of Pirates of the Caribbean? It's totally torn and grimy looking.

I mean with ALL the money Disney charges us for tickets and now for PARKING couldn't they have at least put up a sign without HOLES.

And P.S. The Jungle Cruise water is SO dirty.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucky

When we were ther 2 years ago, Disney actually had the nerve to let it rain one of the days. I complained to guest services, but they said there was nothing they could do about the weather. AS IF!!!! This is Disney for cryin out loud. I paid good money for our vacation, the least they could have done was make sure theu sun was out every day!!!:brick: :brick: :brick:
More theming. Even the hurricanes ("Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day").

MrsPilk

I have to say that I do agree with some on here. I think that the OP was very serious! I dont think that there was any sarcasm there at all. I find it very sad! I wish that the OP would respond so that we would have of an idea of what is going on in their head!:(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have to say that I do agree with some on here. I think that the OP was very serious! I dont think that there was any sarcasm there at all. I find it very sad! I wish that the OP would respond so that we would have of an idea of what is going on in their head!:(

OP did respond:

:lookaroun

Usually an indication of cynicism or at least nefarious intent...

jimmyritt33

So let me get this straight. AK was so dirty and disheveled that you found yourself needing to leave YET you are going back the next day? Things that make you go Huh?

Maleficentesq

I know exactly what the OP is talking about.

When I went on EE and the buildings looked horrible. Pick a color people don't' just pour red paint down the side. What is with all the fire wood on the roofs? The windows weren't straight, the roofs and the buildings were sagging and don't even get me started on all those tatters flags!

MGM is suffering to. TOT really needs a good cleaning. Why cant they fix all the cracks in the plaster maybe fix the fountain in the front and put some water in it? At least they finally put up the letters that fell of the sign in the lobby.

This travesty is even spreading to MK. Have any of you been on Haunted Mansion. For god sake buy a vacuum cleaner! There are cobwebs every where and did you see the size of those spiders. Did Disney fire the Orkin man or what? And how about fixing the bird bath it has been knocked over since the early 70's!

Thanks for the laugh:lol:
Maleficent, esq.

slowbee

Those animals can hurt you anywhere in the park. There's a raccoon in the Pocahantas show that might be rabid. But at least they have young children sit in the front rows, to protect the adults.

Not to mention a 6 foot mouse running around.. and a dog loose without a collar. oh what is the world coming too.

Timmay

Here is a simple request...could people please read the posts before they decide to post an opinion of their own...if you had, you would have been given several clues the OP was being clever.

Read before you leap.:cool:

MiceysBestPal

Original Poster
So many have responded.

Some are so critical, others find humor.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Can't say as to whether I like it or not.

DisneyDavO

Now there is bad sarcasm and there is sarcasm done well. This, I thinks, is the former. As a first post, this can almost be considered Trollish; not a good thing.
:lol: I think this was a great first post! They got 53 replies in the space of a few hours. They also managed to tick off a lot of gullible (I guess) people. Bravo! :sohappy:

metscool

The safari vehicles are unsafe! All the windows are gone!
And i went on that new roller coaster, which was nice enough i guess, but there some sort of wild animal in one of the tunnels! I didn't get a good look at it but it was some sort of large primate, must have gotten loose from one of the exhibits. Swooped down and nearly tore my head off!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for the laugh. I needed it.

Raven66

It took me awhile to catch my breath. That was really funny. :lol: I knew my kid would come in handy.:lookaroun

imagineer boy

I do remember an old atricle from a long time ago where Kevin Yee posted something silmlar. ( I like Al Lutz's articles, but HATE Kevin Yee ) And he complained how they made Africa look very old and worn down when Walt wanted the parks neat and clean. :rolleyes: Hello, if the Africa section was neat and clean, it wouldn't have been nearly as believable.

CoffeeJedi

Appearances can be deceiving.

Can't say as to whether I like it or not.

I do remember an old atricle from a long time ago where Kevin Yee posted something silmlar. ( I like Al Lutz's articles, but HATE Kevin Yee ) And he complained how they made Africa look very old and worn down when Walt wanted the parks neat and clean. Hello, if the Africa section was neat and clean, it wouldn't have been nearly as believable.
Thanks, i remember reading that article too, it was interesting.

We're here in America, where poverty is <i>almost</i> nonexistant, and even our "poor" are more wealthy than those in other nations; and we're going to a theme park to immerse ourselves in a simulation of an economically depressed third world country. Of course, its a cleaned up, sanitized version of the real thing, with no corrupt government officials, organized crime, ethno-political strife, or people begging and dying in the streets.

All the flavor with none of the substance? Food for thought.

Heck, look at "Primevial Whirl", as my friend put it on Monday, it was the only "meta" roller coaster he's ever seen. It was a roller coaster themed to be a crappy roller coaster trying to be a parody of a genuine thrill ride simulation of dinosaurs. All the peeling paint was "intentional"? The cheap plyboard dinos were a "parody" of the supposedly "real" ones found within Dinosaur? Remember too that in the storyline of Dinoland USA, the CTX time rovers and Dr. Seeker are real. There's layer upon layer of post-modern storytelling here...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom