Your suggestions for a first-time DisneyLand Guest

mickster

Yeah, my guess is that you have never been to DCA just like most of the people who bash it.

Well for starters, I've been several times. Each time I have visited, I did so hoping that maybe it had improved. For the most part, it hasn't, except for the addition of Aladdin.

Secondly, what basis do you have for your claim that most of the people who bash it have never been there?

isitingood

Well for starters, I've been several times. Each time I have visited, I did so hoping that maybe it had improved. For the most part, it hasn't, except for the addition of Aladdin.

Secondly, what basis do you have for your claim that most of the people who bash it have never been there?

Just reading what people post, some even admit they have never been to DCA but say the park is a disaster. For a park that is ranked #7 in North America I would take a lame park like that anyday.

mickster

Just reading what people post, some even admit they have never been to DCA but say the park is a disaster. For a park that is ranked #7 in North America I would take a lame park like that anyday.

"just reading what people post"...What does that mean? My question was how do you back up your claim that "most people" who bash DCA have "never been there?"

Also, what does it say to you that Disney owns 6 parks in North America and DCA is ranked #7? I think it backs up MY point that DCA is a lousy park and not worthy of carrying the Disney name on it. What were numbers 1 -6?

Misty

User Terminated

I don't know what list you're referring to, but according to a thread from several months back, Forbes Magazine (a very reputable publication) listed the top ten theme parks in the world and DCA was not even on the list.

Here is the thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=60560&highlight=theme+parks

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

THANK YOU for all the great suggestions and insights into DisneyLand. I have created a seperate thread for DCA, as i am curious about this Park also.

This thread i would like to keep for DL Park only....so i won't become confused as to what's where when reading through.

Any DCA tips, insights, and of course opinions feel free to post in the related thread!

Okay...i have decided that Blue Bayou is a must for a meal. Big thanks also for letting me know that yes, they DO have Dole Whips! Mmmmmm...Dole Whip...( drools) :slurp:

Now last night i was on DL.com's calendar and they list Alice's Adventure as being down for refurb when i visit in mid May. Awww.....too bad as i was hoping to hit all the non-WDW dark rides. Oh well...i'm elated about Toad!!

I see DL's Splash Mountain is down for many months. They must be doing a huge refurb, yes?

Generally, for those in the know when it comes to DL, when typically do these shows run? Particular days of the week? The DL.com calendar does not list the info yet for the days i will be visiting, so thought i could get some insight here.

Electrical Parade
Remember, Dreams Come True fireworks.

I will be there for a Sunday night, a Monday, and a Tuesday only. Any chance i will be able to see these shows on these days?

Again. HUGE thanks for all the GREAT suggestions!!

Nicole220

I don't know about the Electrical Parade...usually that only comes out during holidays...but then again, I have no idea.

Remember during the off season only happens on Fri-Sun. So do not miss it on Sunday night!!

Splash's refurb is only for maintenance, nothing special.

isitingood

"just reading what people post"...What does that mean? My question was how do you back up your claim that "most people" who bash DCA have "never been there?"

Also, what does it say to you that Disney owns 6 parks in North America and DCA is ranked #7? I think it backs up MY point that DCA is a lousy park and not worthy of carrying the Disney name on it. What were numbers 1 -6?
Do I have to simplify it for you? I stated earlier that people have posted that they have never been to DCA but continue to bash it,that's how I back up my claim:hammer:

isitingood

isitingood

Also, what does it say to you that Disney owns 6 parks in North America and DCA is ranked #7? I think it backs up MY point that DCA is a lousy park and not worthy of carrying the Disney name on it. What were numbers 1 -6?[/quote]
1-6
1. MK
2. DL
3. Epcot
4. MGM
5. AKL
6. Universal
And no it doesn't backup your point because even at #7 the park is making money.

mickster

Do I have to simplify it for you? I stated earlier that people have posted that they have never been to DCA but continue to bash it,that's how I back up my claim:hammer:

Your claim, though, was that "most" of the people who bash it have never been there.
Here is your exact quote: Yeah, my guess is that you have never been to DCA just like most of the people who bash it.

My point is, if you are going to make a statement like that, you should be able to support it somehow. But clearly you don't have any actual data to back up this claim such as a survey you can refer to, or some sort of voting poll (kind of like your "list" that supposedly puts DCA at #7, but you can't seem to state where this list came from). You're basing this statement solely on your perception that you've read some posts, but can you even reference any of the specific posts where you've supposedly read this? If not, then your statement doesn't really hold water. I think it's a much more reasonable assumption that most, if not all, of the people who express an opinion on DCA are people who have actually been there.

mickster

That list is for most fun theme parks, it has nothing to do with attendance or how much money the parks made.

The link that Misty provided is from Forbes.com, a very reputable source. And it does not just list the parks in order of how fun they are (which is based on surveys they conducted), but also ranks them based on attendance. If you link to the article and actually read it, you'll see.

mickster

1-6
1. MK
2. DL
3. Epcot
4. MGM
5. AKL
6. Universal
And no it doesn't backup your point because even at #7 the park is making money.

Once again, you haven't cited your source. Did you just make this up? It seems odd that #6 on the list would simply be "Universal". Which Universal? The one in Florida or the one in California? And is it referring to the Studios or Islands of Adventure?

And what is #5 supposed to be? "AKL" usually is an acronym for "Animal Kingdom Lodge", which is a hotel, not a theme park. I think the fact that you mistakenly typed "AKL" kind of supports that this is just a made up list.

As far as whether or not DCA is making money, I thought we were discussing the quality of the park, not it's financial position. And assuming this list is even real, what does it tell you that DCA is supposedly #7 when Disney only has 6 parks in North America? Clearly it is the worst of all the Disney parks and even a non-Disney park is outdoing it.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
So....

Getting back to DisneyLand now....

Who here has some ideas for experiencing the little details of DL? WDW is packed with all sorts of little "secret" things ( like waking Tink up at Tinkerbell's Treasures, etc.). Does DL have any such little "hidden" gems?

MainSt1993

Oh my!! Well, first off you may recognize several names on the windows of Main St. That's always fun. Also, stop in the Silouette Studio - fun, fast, and cheap! When you're passing Candy Palace, underneath the windows to the Candy Kitchen are three little round vents - they pump out an aroma of whatever is being made in the kitchen.

In Fantasyland, look for the evil queen upstairs above Snow White - she periodically opens the curtains to see what's up down below. Check out Snow White's wishing well by the castle too.

Over in New Orleans Sq, see if you can find the initials WED in the wrought iron.

In Critter Country, Winnie the Pooh took over the site of the Country Bear Playhouse. Keep a look out though for Max, Buff, and Melvin. They're still there!

In the mural across from Star Tours, see how many past attractions you can find. There's a lot!

These are what I thought of just off the top of my head, and I know there are a lot more. If you love detail, you're going to absolutely fall in love with Disneyland. There's no other place like it in that regard.

isitingood

Your claim, though, was that "most" of the people who bash it have never been there.
Here is your exact quote: Yeah, my guess is that you have never been to DCA just like most of the people who bash it.

My point is, if you are going to make a statement like that, you should be able to support it somehow. But clearly you don't have any actual data to back up this claim such as a survey you can refer to, or some sort of voting poll (kind of like your "list" that supposedly puts DCA at #7, but you can't seem to state where this list came from). You're basing this statement solely on your perception that you've read some posts, but can you even reference any of the specific posts where you've supposedly read this? If not, then your statement doesn't really hold water. I think it's a much more reasonable assumption that most, if not all, of the people who express an opinion on DCA are people who have actually been there.

Next time I will reword it better so you can understand. As for the list I got it from themeparkinsider, so if you want go look it up yourself.

isitingood

Once again, you haven't cited your source. Did you just make this up? It seems odd that #6 on the list would simply be "Universal". Which Universal? The one in Florida or the one in California? And is it referring to the Studios or Islands of Adventure?

And what is #5 supposed to be? "AKL" usually is an acronym for "Animal Kingdom Lodge", which is a hotel, not a theme park. I think the fact that you mistakenly typed "AKL" kind of supports that this is just a made up list.

As far as whether or not DCA is making money, I thought we were discussing the quality of the park, not it's financial position. And assuming this list is even real, what does it tell you that DCA is supposedly #7 when Disney only has 6 parks in North America? Clearly it is the worst of all the Disney parks and even a non-Disney park is outdoing it.

It doesn't take a genious to figure out that Universal Studios Orlando is #6 since it always ranks higher then Hollywood or Islands of Adventure. Did you find the list yet themeparkinsider.com since you can't seem to find the list by yourself. Next time you call me liar make sure you know what you're talking about. Sorry I meant Ak not AKL.BTW making money has plenty to do with this because if the park is making money then people must like it so you have proved nothing by bashing it.

Rufus T Firefly

So....

Getting back to DisneyLand now....

Who here has some ideas for experiencing the little details of DL? WDW is packed with all sorts of little "secret" things ( like waking Tink up at Tinkerbell's Treasures, etc.). Does DL have any such little "hidden" gems?

Look for Walt Disney's apartment above the fire station on Main St. The light in the window was the signal that Walt was in residence.

Check out Aladdin's lamp in the back of the Bazaar in Adventureland across from JC. The Genie will speak to you (for a small fee)

Go into the Mad Hatter shop in Fantasyland and see if the Chesire Cat will magically appear in the mirror.

Ask if you can ride in the pilothouse on the Mark Twain riverboat.

Ask a Jungle Cruise CM for a map of the JC.

See if a CM can help you find the Eeyore parking lot sign in the Indy queue. ( It's in the room where they show the newsreel )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom