Your opinions for a first-timer to California Adventure

mickster

Phonics has to do with reading, I'm sorry everything has to be simplified for you.:hammer:

As I mentioned before, phonics refers to the pronunciation of words. You were referring to it as having to do with my supposedly misunderstanding something you'd said. You don't actually know what the term means and you've misused it. Be grown up enough to admit it. :wave:

mickster

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: I knew you would find an excuse to back away from my wager. Since can't navigate a mouse maybe you should have your mommy do it for you. since you can't find the worldwide totals on Dangerous Minds which is very simple just like that attendance list you couldn't find either. Go to wikipedia and it will show you

Domestic total $84,919,401.00
Overseas total $94,600,000.00
Total $179,519,401.00

Also check pfeiffertheface.com click on career then click on complete career then scroll down the movie list and click on Dangerous Minds. You will see they have the movie listed at making
$177,900,000.00
still like I said almost 180 mil. Next time you call me a liar make sure you know what you're talking about:zipit:

Did you not read my post? I told you I was big enough to admit that I had misread the US figure as being the worldwide figure. Are you so bent on tearing me apart that you'll continue bashing me even when I've owned up to a mistake? Sheesh! Relax man! It's just a harmless discussion board!

isitingood

:lol: :lol: Ooohhhhh, okay!! You (an anonymous person on a message board) are "willing to bet 20 grand" that you can back up your claim, huh? Why not make it 20 million? Or 20 billion for that matter?? Since you're "betting" with money you clearly don't have anyway, what's the difference? :lol: :lol: Hey, I was just thinking... Since you've offered to pay the service fee, if that service fee is 40 billion and you end up winning 20 billion on the bet, then you will have made HALF what it cost you to make the bet!! By your accounting, that's making a profit!!! :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you're buying time while you continue to desperately search for a source to back up your claim. And since making me "look like a fool" is something you apparently live for, I'm guessing we'd already be seeing the link if it actually existed. (btw, since it's Easter and all, I'm feeling generous so how about I help you out a little....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112792/business) It's probably worth noting that while I am big enough to admit I misread the US figure as being worldwide, are YOU big enough to admit that you exaggerated the worldwide figure?....or that you have no documentation that it cost $20 million to MAKE the movie? :hammer:

You need to read your own post. Yes you did admit misreading the US figure but right after that you say I exaggerated the worldwide figure and before that you called me a liar again so you're not making any sense. And no I am not bent on tearing you apart, you do that perfectly on your own by always having me back up my claim.

BTW since you're into me proving everything, I want you to prove I don't have 20 grand which you said I clearly didn't have.

isitingood

:lol: :lol: Ooohhhhh, okay!! You (an anonymous person on a message board) are "willing to bet 20 grand" that you can back up your claim, huh? Why not make it 20 million? Or 20 billion for that matter?? Since you're "betting" with money you clearly don't have anyway, what's the difference? :lol: :lol: Hey, I was just thinking... Since you've offered to pay the service fee, if that service fee is 40 billion and you end up winning 20 billion on the bet, then you will have made HALF what it cost you to make the bet!! By your accounting, that's making a profit!!! :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you're buying time while you continue to desperately search for a source to back up your claim. And since making me "look like a fool" is something you apparently live for, I'm guessing we'd already be seeing the link if it actually existed. (btw, since it's Easter and all, I'm feeling generous so how about I help you out a little....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112792/business) It's probably worth noting that while I am big enough to admit I misread the US figure as being worldwide, are YOU big enough to admit that you exaggerated the worldwide figure?....or that you have no documentation that it cost $20 million to MAKE the movie? :hammer:

As for the cost of 20 mil. Go to yahoo search and type in movie Dangerous Minds cost 23 million. The 3rd line down you will see best films of 1996:by the numbers and right under the headline you will see cost 23 mil. And if you click on it look at number 10 at the far right and it will show the same thing.

This is a no brainer you should have known this movie couldn't have cost much when it was shot mostly in one location and it didn't have any major stars except for Michelle Pfeiffer and she wasn't making the 10 mil. per picture like now. Andy Garcia was suppose to be in the movie but they cut all his scenes out.

mickster

And no I am not bent on tearing you apart, you do that perfectly on your own by always having me back up my claim.

:rolleyes: Yeah, you're right. You've been behaving in a very mature and grown up manner. What's wrong with me......

Actually it's an inside joke which I figured would be way over your head:lol:

And where is the Giant Dipper? I hope you know that one:hammer:

Someone needs Hooked On Phonics because a three yr old could have figured out what I was saying.:hammer:

You don't learn very fast because I already made you look like a fool with the Sudden Inpact movie which you had no comeback for.

now let's see if you can backup what you say because if you can't keep your mouth shut and stop calling me a liar.

I'm sorry everything has to be simplified for you.:hammer:

Since can't navigate a mouse maybe you should have your mommy do it for you.

No, you haven't insulted me at all. I'm doing it all by myself. :hammer: :hammer:

mickster

As for the cost of 20 mil. Go to yahoo search and type in movie Dangerous Minds cost 23 million. The 3rd line down you will see best films of 1996:by the numbers and right under the headline you will see cost 23 mil. And if you click on it look at number 10 at the far right and it will show the same thing.

This is a no brainer you should have known this movie couldn't have cost much when it was shot mostly in one location and it didn't have any major stars except for Michelle Pfeiffer and she wasn't making the 10 mil. per picture like now. Andy Garcia was suppose to be in the movie but they cut all his scenes out.

Anyway....:rolleyes:

Back to the topic: You argued that Paradise Pier has it's place in DCA because it's supposedly "based on" Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (btw, at no time in it's history did Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk ever look anything like Paradise Pier, but that's beside the point). You stated that Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk was significant to the culture and history of California because movies like Dangerous Minds were filmed there. I countered that this movie was hardly a blockbuster or a classic. I stand by my points.

By the way, you may want to look up the term "blockbuster". To qualify as a blockbuster, the generally accepted standard is that a film must break at least $200 million. This film hasn't, and it's unlikely it will any time soon since it came out about 12 years ago and is hardly a classic. :lol:

isitingood

Back to the topic: You argued that Paradise Pier has it's place in DCA because it's supposedly "based on" Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (btw, at no time in it's history did Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk ever look anything like Paradise Pier, but that's beside the point). You stated that Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk was significant to the culture and history of California because movies like Dangerous Minds were filmed there. I countered that this movie was hardly a blockbuster or a classic. I stand by my points.

By the way, you may want to look up the term "blockbuster". To qualify as a blockbuster, the generally accepted standard is that a film must break at least $200 million. This film hasn't, and it's unlikely it will any time soon since it came out about 12 years ago and is hardly a classic. :lol:

Wrong again, well this time partly. Some will say $200 million is a blockbuster but others will say that if a film makes many times the cost of of it's original budget it is also a blockbuster.

Thanks for posting the 12 years ago, since movies go by money instead of ticket sales (which they should) check out the the ticket prices 12 years ago compared to now. Thanks again for proving my point since the movie would have made well over the $200 million:hammer:

isitingood

So you're saying that Top Gun,Gladiator,Dances With Wolves,Pretty Woman,The Matrix,Sound Of Music,One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest,The Graduate, and Gone With The Wind are all not blockbusters because none of these films have made $200 million. Nice job I just proved that wrong:lol:

mickster

Yeah I am still waiting for you to prove that I don't have 20 grand. I would like to this excuse:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

You seem very hung up on trying to convince everyone that you have this supposed "20 grand" because you don't seem to want to let that go. I don't think there's much I can do about that, since it's your issue.

Back to the topic...AGAIN...Paradise Pier has no place in DCA. It stands for everything Walt hated about amusement parks and is not even remotely "representative" of California. Sorry for anyone who can't accept that without making it into a fight. :rolleyes:

isitingood

You seem very hung up on trying to convince everyone that you have this supposed "20 grand" because you don't seem to want to let that go. I don't think there's much I can do about that, since it's your issue.

Back to the topic...AGAIN...Paradise Pier has no place in DCA. It stands for everything Walt hated about amusement parks and is not even remotely "representative" of California. Sorry for anyone who can't accept that without making it into a fight. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm not trying to convince everyone so learn to read. You're the one who said I didnt have the 20 grand so I just said prove it since you're the one who is hung up on people proving everything. BTW everytime I prove you wrong you always change the subject and argue about something else. Nice job with Top Gun not being a blockbuster it was only one of the biggest hits of the 80's.

How many times are you going to bring up Walt hated amusement parks? Who cares if you think Paradise pier doesn't belong in DCA and it doesn't matter that it doesn't look like Santa Cruz Boardwalk. When Disney built DCA Santa Cruz Boardwalk is what inspired Disney to build Paradise Pier.

mickster

Sorry, I'm not trying to convince everyone so learn to read.

Man, you sure do love the personal jabs, don't you? Have you considered an anger management class? :rolleyes: Chill out, dude. Have a glass of wine (which, by the way, is something that California IS known for), and relax.

I think it's pretty obvious, from the countless times you've brought it up, that you do seem to have an obsession with convincing everyone on these boards that you have this mysterious 20 grand. It's not like that's even really all that much money, in the grand scheme of things, so it seems like a silly point to keep trying to drive down everyone's throats.

In any event, I think your continued efforts to get us off the topic merely serve to prove MY point that DCA (Paradise Pier and all) is a weak park that is difficult to defend. You can't really come up with any compelling reasons why the OP should visit DCA (even though I think she said she plans to check it out anyway...who can remember after 13 pages now?? :lol: ), so you're resorting to trying to make the discussion about Michelle Pfeiffer movies and how much money you have, or don't have. Clearly this is in the hopes of getting us off topic in order to take attention away from the fact that DCA is a pretty tough sell.

I rest my case. :D

Nicole220

Have fun!:wave:

Thanks!

Thanks for the offer, but the restaurant, On The Border is not far from my house. I can get as many free fresh-made tortillas there as I want and I don't have to buy an admission ticket into a theme park to do it. ;)
:rolleyes:

lol, ok then.

isitingood

Man, you sure do love the personal jabs, don't you? Have you considered an anger management class? :rolleyes: Chill out, dude. Have a glass of wine (which, by the way, is something that California IS known for), and relax.

I think it's pretty obvious, from the countless times you've brought it up, that you do seem to have an obsession with convincing everyone on these boards that you have this mysterious 20 grand. It's not like that's even really all that much money, in the grand scheme of things, so it seems like a silly point to keep trying to drive down everyone's throats.

In any event, I think your continued efforts to get us off the topic merely serve to prove MY point that DCA (Paradise Pier and all) is a weak park that is difficult to defend. You can't really come up with any compelling reasons why the OP should visit DCA (even though I think she said she plans to check it out anyway...who can remember after 13 pages now?? :lol: ), so you're resorting to trying to make the discussion about Michelle Pfeiffer movies and how much money you have, or don't have. Clearly this is in the hopes of getting us off topic in order to take attention away from the fact that DCA is a pretty tough sell.

I rest my case. :D

You're right 20 grand isn't that much but for you it is. Like I said learn to read because I didn't offer the bet to everyone just you so stop trying to bring everyone else into it just because you're scared. And how many times do we have to hear about the Tortilla Factory? you're the one who got off topic by posting Sudden Inpact was never filmed at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk:lol: Yeah you made yourself look good on that one ,no wonder you're trying change the subject again.

BTW the only M.Pfeiffer movie I was talking about was Dangerous Minds so again you're wrong.

The OP is going to DCA The MOM already told you that and yet you keep responding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom