Your longest stretch between Disney World visits

Agent1964fem

First time I went to Disney was August 1997 for a second honeymoon type thing the next time was August of 2003 . Reading some peoples posts I guess I'm fortunate that is was 6 years .
Job loss ...found job you know...
Stuff happens .

jcraycraft

Longest gap for me was from 1994 to 2002 .... so thats 7 long years. But we are making up for lost time now!!! Have been every year since 2002 and going back on July 5th for 17 days of WDW magic :sohappy:

Edeyore

My longest gap was from 1992 to 1998. We went with the whole family, (my in-laws and mother in-law.), before family gathering was an advertised special. We had a fantastic time, and then I lost my job the day we returned.

My first trip was a family trip in 1986, then I had a one day trip to Magic Kingdom in 1994... Then I didn't go until my Honeymoon last month.. The gaps will never be that long again..

Mr. WDB

My biggest gap was 6 years (1996-2002). That coincided with the birth of our 1st daughter in 1997. We had decided to wait until she was 5 before we would bring her to WDW. True to our word, we did in 2002. Now we're back to my previous routine of going every 4 years (or so it seems to work out that way; we're going down in 2 weeks!) and y'know, I actually kinda like having that gap like that. It makes the anticipation all the greater as a result. I love having a yearning for the place and finally being able to go after a few years. Usually by then things have changed enough and/or new things added that it makes it all seem new again. But I don't know if I could go 10 years without WDW!:hammer:

PhilharMagician

DisneyCruzer said:
7 years: 88-95.
Our last visit was in 2003. We vacationed in Florida in 2004, but didn't go to the parks then. We really don't like to go every year as we want it to be special - not routine.
This year we will go again, but already decided to stay away from WDW for at least five years after that, but may go to DL in California or HongKong next year.
We just have 6 to 7 weeks vacation time each year and want to see more of the world than just Disney :animwink:

Wow just 6 to 7 weeks vacation per year. How about 2 to 3 weeks vacation per year on average here in the states.

For us it was 10 years almost to the day that we were away (1993 - 2003)

parker kim

Its 11 years for us a trip in 1986 when my husband graduated high school did not get back until 1997 when our first born was 5. we usually have 3 to 5 year gap ever scence. really wish it could be ever other year or maybe even sooner.

TrentMom

My DH and I worked there from Nov 1999 to Oct 2000. Then, after that we did not get back til May 2006.....way too long....never again.

Going back in Nov 2007....woohoo:xmas:

Trentmom

Jekyll Baker

Let's see. My first trip was in July 1976 with family, then 1981 & 1982 with school groups, then again in Nov 1986 for a last family vacation as a "kid" (in college). Then I went back in Sept 2003 - that's almost 17 years. And I've rectified that by going back 3-5 times a year since.

But what's a little sad or disturbing, is that as a child and teenager, my family would visit my grandparents almost once a year - they live only 30-40 miles away from WDW, in the same house my dad grew up in.

Oh yeah, for my parents it's been 19 years. My brother and I took them to WDW in 2005 as a start of our new family tradition of a yearly family vacation (because it's nearly impossible to get together on holidays). They loved it (partly because they had kids that could pay their own way and didn't cry about being tired :) ) In fact, it's almost looking like our 2007 family vacation may be back in WDW.

One Grumpy Bob

I went in 1971 and again in 76 as a child. My first trip on my own was in college for the new EPCOT in 82. Then I joined DVC in 1995. I have been at least once a year since 95. In 2004, I spent 27 night in Disney hotels (3 weeks in the world and 1 week at Disneyland, all separate trips). So the gaps have been 4.5 years, 6 years, 13.5 years, the measured in months after that.

For me, the gap was 20 years and that had better not happen again.

My first trip was in 1978. I went to the Magic Kingdom, the only park at the time, with a girlfriend. It was during that trip that I rode Space Mountain for the first time and was excited, but really scared.
After getting married and having a couple of daughters, I took the attitude of, "someday we'll get there" and put a WDW vacation on the back burner while we paid mortgage, tuition, taxes, etc.... It took major surgery :( in 1996 to make me realize that "someday" is promised to nobody. As soon as I was able, in 1998, we made our first family trip to WDW and I rode Space Mountain again. This time, I was more scared for my (then) 6 year-old who was so tiny I thought she'd fly out of her seat. Her pronouncement at the end of the ride was "That's it?". Kids! I told my family I'll ride SM every 20 years, so I don't have to go on again until 2018.
We joined the DVC and have been able to visit WDW in 2000 and every year since. "Someday" is now. We are heading back in August. :sohappy:

blackerbys17

Hmmm, I have been sooo many times that it is hard to remember the gaps. But, I think my longest gap was 4 years. When I first met my hubby, I took him to Epcot for his birthday. He made it clear at the time that theme parks aren't his thing and so I didn't return for at least 4 years. Then, after we were married, it finally hit me. So what if you don't like Disney? I do! So, we started going again with my first return to The World being for Xmas 2004 I think.

Since that trip (which was a disaster) we've returned on July the 4th, 2005, October 2005, December 2005 (2 trips), April 2006, May 2006, June 2006 (with a second trip in June coming up this weekend), trip planned for July 2006 (for oldest son's brithday), trip planned for September 2006 (for business), trip planned for late October 2006 (for youngest son's birthday), and I'm sure we'll go around the holidays too.

Of course, we only live 4 hours away so it's much easier for us to go back often, especially with an annual pass but I still envy those that live only minutes away. If only ....

jellis

My first trip was with my family back in '78 when I was 6, after that our family took the RV to Fort Wilderness every year for two weeks between Christmas and New Years. That was '82 through '91 (My best memories of WDW were during this time). Went with friends for a week in '92 and with my new wife in '94. After this is where the big gap appears. After the '94 trip we did not go back until our 2nd child turned 4. So May '94 to May '06 is my longest gap. It's amazing how much fun it was sharing the parks with my kids for the first time.

Now... We joined DVC on this past trip and have another trip planned for November of this year which will be the first time ever I have gone twice in one year.

No more long gaps... we plan on heading down every year now at least once.

- Jim

Since1976

My longest stretch was 12 years, between my third and fourth trips, 1990 -2002. During that time, I got my driver's license, graduated from middle school, high school & college, and got married.

I had a stretch of 21 years between trips to Disneyland.

Since then, my trips seem to be becoming more frequent. I just came back from DL, and I may be going to WDW again next year!

maggiegrace1

The longest has been a year..because my daughter was born early and had to stay in the hospital for 4 months.....
We just went in April and are going in December again..
We go at least once a year..:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom