Your longest stretch between Disney World visits

pintraderpayee

From one Easter break to another.....DH and I take 25+ high school students every year on a school bus (930 miles one way:hammer: ). So, every year since Easter break of 2001....6 trips and counting:sohappy:

RedBaron

I am currently suffering from my longest gap between visits. It has been 8 years. I went every year with my mom for about 10 years in a row, but her knees got so bad that she could not longer walk the parks. Our last trip I pushed her in a wheel chair and she did not want to visit WDW that way again. She just had her 2nd knee replacement, so maybe my partner in crime will want to go again in the near future. I know for sure that my husband and I want to take our daughter when she turns 4, just 2 short years from now. :cry:

a2grafix

My gap (current streak) from my last Walt Disneyworld trip -- just about 13 years. Last time I visited WDW was in late August 1993 with a good friend of mine.

My next trip? Oh,I know it won't be until after August, maybe, if I can work it out, sometime in October or sometime into early 2007. So, the clock will keep on ticking. But I will still keep coming here every day, or as much as I can during the week, and visit VMK at least every day -- and these visits at the sites will satisfy my thirst until I visit a real Disney park again.

Last time I was at WDW in August 1993 was about a year before the opening of the Tower of Terror and that new "street" in MGM Studios. The Disney Inn was still around, and Discovery Island in the 7 Seas Lagoon was still open. Horizons was still open and there were some LONG LINES that reached into the outside of Journey Into Your Imagination pavillion to catch Dreamfinder and Figment. Armadillo's was still open as was the west end stage at Pleasure Island, and there was a 10-screen (or was it 16-screen) megagoogle AMC plex on the far end.

Oh, yeah, I went shopping in Communicore East and picked up some inaugural gear and stickers for the new NHL franchise, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. And speaking of animals, Animal Kingdom was still in the planning stages. Oh, and Mission to Mars was still as popular as ever, although I would have loved to experience Extra TeRROREstrial.

BUT, I did have a chance to visit Disneyland in Anaheim in June 1999 after visiting my dad in Los Angeles. I was in Anchorage at the time in the military. So, if you really want to talk timeframe, eh, six years btween trips to Disney parks. But when I visited Disneyland, it was year or so before the open of California Adventure.

Maleficent98

2 years have been the longest for us. Used to go almost every week since I was a cast member from 1998. Moved out of Orlando in 04 but looking forward to our trip in October. Hate to have missed the castle all decorated for the 50th anniv but we are really excited to see all the new things since 2004! :sohappy:

LaughingGravy

1994 - 2005 Drove me nuts.

If I didn't have the family, I'd take the motorcycle down for a weekend, camp at Ft. wilderness and ride the motorcycle back up, all by myself.

Ah, responsibilities. Worth it, but there can be sacrifices.:p

JaclynR

I had an 11 year gap. I drove down with my mom at 13 years old in '92, then drove down with my husband and 2 kids in 2003 at 24 years old.

Craig & Lisa

Well, there seems to be alot to say about this, but, how about the shortest time between visits? Now to be fair to all we have to ask all Florida residents to pass on this, seeming that you can get a Fla. resident special on tic's, and your drive time is alot less than alot of us. But to be a part of the original post, we go about every year, but because we purchased AP's we have about, for our shortest time about 3 months. We were at WDW in Aug of last year and then again in Nov. Now we were there in April of 06 and again later this Aug., and again in Nov. with about 10 people,,,, WOW!! what a crowd.:eek: :eek: :eek: But still it's not soon enough!!!

MommytoMJM

meryll83 said:
How lucky are you!!! Are you fibbing?
Mine was 10 years!!!

Nope, not joking...we live behind the MK, I homeschool my disabled daughter and I make her curriculum up based on WDW. My husband started working for the Mouse in November of 2005. We go on his days off.

jcldtrek

my gap was from 1986 to 2002, my mothers father died in 86' and things went downhill from there, but 2002 finally was able to make the comeback. 17 yrs space between visits, now we've gone 4 yrs in a row

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom