Your longest stretch between Disney World visits

350ceo

Original Poster
Seeing some longer gaps then I anticipanted considering this forum is mainly diehard Disney fans. But life certainly gets in the way of one's wishes. I almost think a long gap is kinda rewarding in a way. It's almost like getting to go again for the first time with the amount of changes that take place at Disney in a span of 10-15 years.

My parents went in the late 1970s on their honeymoon and didn't get to revisit until 1994 when they brought myself and my sister for the first time. You could see the shock on their faces the whole trip at how much Disney had grown and changed.

justducky78

Well, the longest for me, was 1988 - 1996. My parents took us once as a family growing up (the obligatory trip to Disney World) when my sister was in the marching band!!

When I met my husband, we went together in 1996 and I've been a huge fan (thanks to him) ever since. The biggest gap for the two of us was 1998-2003 (5 yrs) because we were working, buying a house, etc and traveling to other places in between.

We really prefer going at least every 2-3 years (and would go every year if we could) but we do like traveling other places, too, and prefer the deluxe resorts so as everyone knows, it takes a little saving up!

This year, we're going twice because of the AP but that's a first for us!

Badger Brent

After many trips I'm on an 18 month withdrawl. Money and bussiness are telling me when I can go. Hopefully personally, it settles down and I get back down in Oct. If all goes well an AP will be the ticket and I can get two trips again within a year to get the most of my AP.

crazygirley

For me, it couldn't have been longer than three years... and that was back when I was around nine years old. In more recent years, it was every other year, but since 2000, we have gone every year, sometimes twice.

tigsmom

Fourteen years for me... my first trip was in 1978 and my dad told me the next time I visited my husband would have to take me...he did in 1992 with our oldest who was just 4 at the time. :lol:

wdwforus

My parents took us every 2 years from '79 to '87, then I graduated in '88, and didnt make it back unitl '02, so whats that 15 years?! Its sad I know but now that I have kids of my own I am starting a new generation of WDW fanatics!!! We went again in '05 and are planning our next trip for Sept/Oct '07.

jim1051

'83, '86,'89 then kids grew and went to college. Disney Vacations stopped until 2000 when we joined DVC. Since then 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005 (2 x), upcoming Dec 2006.

macsmom

Senior class trip in Feb/March of 1977. Next, my son and I went in July of 1999. Wow, 22 years! Then, I went in July of 2004 with a friend and my next trip is October of 2006 with three friends. December of 2007 is in the planning stages! I am going to try to not have more than 2 years in between trips.

danna

arielbabe

ive been 1994, 1998, 2001, 2004

but my next trip proberbly wont be until 2008/2009 maybe more because im going with my partner and we have to save up on our own

DisneyCruzer

7 years: 88-95.
Our last visit was in 2003. We vacationed in Florida in 2004, but didn't go to the parks then. We really don't like to go every year as we want it to be special - not routine.
This year we will go again, but already decided to stay away from WDW for at least five years after that, but may go to DL in California or HongKong next year.
We just have 6 to 7 weeks vacation time each year and want to see more of the world than just Disney :animwink:

ZapperZ

I went to WDW for the first time in 1995. Had fun, but never had any inclination to go back. So at that time I thought I've visited it once and that was it.

Things all changed in 2001 when a friend who knew WDW inside-out asked us to go along with him and a couple of friends. I realize that it is completely different, and a lot more fun, to go with someone who has a clue what to do, when to do it, why we should do it, etc...

We had so much fun, that we went back a year later in 2002, and again the same time a year after that in 2003. And while we were there in 2003, we finally bought our annual pass, and 2003 was the first time we went twice in a year. We have been averaging 2 to 3 times a year ever since, especially now that we are also DVC members. We will break our record this year with a total of 4 trips by the year's end, including our mini grand tour that started in Disneyland Resort and ended at WDW.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom