Your longest stretch between Disney World visits

350ceo

Original Poster
What is your longest gap between two trips and why?

For me my last trip was in 1998. I went with my girlfriend at the time's family and it was my senior year of highschool. So college and landing a job to afford the trip i have booked for Novemebr 2006 is my lay-over reason.

Rora

For me it's usually no more than 3 years. Since 2000 I've been blessed with the ability to go every year. I think I've become spoiled. I couldn't imagine not being able to now.

tink81

I had a gap from 1993 to 2004. My parents divorced, and then our WDW vacations just went away. My BF and I were looking for a vacation in late '03 and I suggested WDW, this September will be our 3rd visit together! I hope to have many many more!!!:sohappy:

PurpleDragon

tink81 said:
I had a gap from 1993 to 2004. My parents divorced, and then our WDW vacations just went away. My BF and I were looking for a vacation in late '03 and I suggested WDW, this September will be our 3rd visit together! I hope to have many many more!!!:sohappy:

Awww, the first trip my wife and I took together back in 1998 when we were dating was to WDW.

Surprised she didn't leave me then!! :hammer::lol:

But the fact that she put up with me and also enjoyed WDW as well is what really clinched it for me. Cause if she didn't like WDW, the we would have a serious issue. :animwink:

tomm

let's see. i haven't been there since i was a pre-teen, and i'm 30 now. but that will all be rectified in 3 months. what can i say, i've been busy.

lebeau

I first went in 1976. My next trip wasn't until 1988. 12 years there.

After that, I went again in 2003. Wow. 15 years.

My next trip should be (crosses fingers) 2007. So even though it has felt like a long wait, it is very short by comparisson.

PurpleDragon

lebeau said:
I first went in 1976. My next trip wasn't until 1988. 12 years there.

After that, I went again in 2003. Wow. 15 years.

My next trip should be (crosses fingers) 2007. So even though it has felt like a long wait, it is very short by comparisson.

Wow that is a pretty big gap. I guess I'm just bless my family lived so close to WDW, just a 6 hour drive and we were there. Back in the day, a trip to WDW was the cheapest vacation you could take. We stayed at Fort Wilderness alot which was super cheap. ;)

phlydude

19 years

Went in 1980 when my grandmother and great aunt took my sister and I. Then my parents decided to have 3 more kids and my dad was out of work alot in the 80s (factory workers weren't in demand then) so no Disney trips there for 7 people from Philly.

Then in 1999, my then gf's (now wife's) parents asked me to go with them.
May 1980 - August 1999...too long. Since 1999, the only year we haven't been was 2001. Not because of terrorism or anything, but because my wife graduated college and started a new job and we were in the process of buying a new house.

jozzmenia

tink81 said:

Same here, I last went around 1996, then my parents divorced amidst planning our 1998 trip :cry:

This September will be my first time back since then! :sohappy:

jozzmenia

PurpleDragon said:
Wow that is a pretty big gap. I guess I'm just bless my family lived so close to WDW, just a 6 hour drive and we were there. Back in the day, a trip to WDW was the cheapest vacation you could take. We stayed at Fort Wilderness alot which was super cheap. ;)

I know why the prices went up. It's b/c we keep telling people how great it is so the demand is high...we need to jump on the Universal Studios bandwagon and start telling people "fairy tales and pixie dust aren't your thing?..." then send them to Universal - we can have the whole park to ourselves, and prices will go down because no one will want to go there! I'm a genius! :rolleyes:

I'll start: WALT DISNEY WORLD IS A HORRIBLE PLACE AND JUST FOR BABIES! :lol:

minnie2000

Well, I first went in 1978, and the next trip was in 1996, so I didn't go for 18 years! After that it was 2000, 2003 and 2005. The reason I didn't go in that time was that my parents took me as a little girl. If you lived in the UK at that time, you just felt lucky to go even once - not many people I knew were able to go more than once! Things have changed a lot now - its much easier and cheaper to travel.

Kadee

I never went as a child so my first trip was 1988 on my honeymoon.
We took our daughter back in 1997, then again in 1999, 2000, & 2001.
We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks for our first trip in 5 years.

MissM

Hrm....I first went in 1984 then probably not again for several years. Then once or twice to Epcot with my French class. I went to Grad Nite in 1995 and then I think the next time I went was around 2000. There was a period where I didn't go very much at all. Now I go all the time and I'm a seasonal AP holder again!
-m

Mckooy

I havent been since 2003, and now im going next July (401 days) I believe the wait makes it more exciting and a better experiance other can going every 3 months (im just saying this because I WISH I COULD)

browniebee

1995-2000. I went three times when I was little (90, 93, 95) and then my parents didn't take me again until 2000. I went again in 02 and then once or twice a year since 2004 because that's when we joined the DVC. Now that I'm starting college in September, we'll be going at least 3 times a year because I'll have off from school more. :)

I know a lot of people think going that many times ruins it, but I have a pretty bad memory so it's magical every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom