Your last day

sbkline

As of right now, I plan to spend our last full day (not counting check out the next morning) going to Church (it will be a Sunday), doing the Orlando Mall, since my wife wants to do a mall, perhaps some mini-golf either on site or off site and possibly bumming around at Downtown Disney. Then get up Monday and head out. Part of me thinks I should do a theme park last so as not to feel like I am leaving for who knows how long until the next trip, and not doing my favorite attractions one last time. On the other hand, I don't want the mall and other such things to cut into my full theme park days through the week, so I think it best to do the "extras" on the last day, then call it a trip and go home. What do y'alls think? We're getting 10 day parkhoppers with no expiration, so techinically, we would have 4 days left, one of which could be used Sunday evening after all our shopping, eating and mini-golfing is done. But I almost hate to waste a day on our pass just for a few hours in the park, but then again, this is WDW after all! There is no such thing as "wasting" a day on your ticket is there? LOL

TowerOfTerror

Usually the day the plane leaves we usually go shopping to either the Mall at Millenia, Downtown Disney, and Celebration. For us it doesn’t really make much sense to spend a ticket only to be the parks for half of the day.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Usually the day the plane leaves we usually go shopping to either the Mall at Millenia, Downtown Disney, and Celebration. For us it doesn’t really make much sense to spend a ticket only to be the parks for half of the day.

The difference between a 6-day and a 7-day Park Hopper was only $2.00. That clinched our decision to book a later (3PM) flight on our last day so we could squeeze another 5-6 hours of Disney magic. I was able to get an 8AM ADR at Chef Mickey's:slurp: for our last morning, figure to hop the monorail over to Epcot for awhile then board the bus for the resort then home:cry:

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Our last full day is almost always spent in a park, and then DTD and Adventurers Club to wind up the day. The day of our departure we do not do the park as it would be too easy not to leave on time....

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

As of right now, I plan to spend our last full day (not counting check out the next morning) going to Church (it will be a Sunday), doing the Orlando Mall, since my wife wants to do a mall, perhaps some mini-golf either on site or off site and possibly bumming around at Downtown Disney. Then get up Monday and head out. Part of me thinks I should do a theme park last so as not to feel like I am leaving for who knows how long until the next trip, and not doing my favorite attractions one last time. On the other hand, I don't want the mall and other such things to cut into my full theme park days through the week, so I think it best to do the "extras" on the last day, then call it a trip and go home. What do y'alls think? We're getting 10 day parkhoppers with no expiration, so techinically, we would have 4 days left, one of which could be used Sunday evening after all our shopping, eating and mini-golfing is done. But I almost hate to waste a day on our pass just for a few hours in the park, but then again, this is WDW after all! There is no such thing as "wasting" a day on your ticket is there? LOL

If i spent all that money..I'd be in the parks..not shopping at a mall(unless it's downtown disney)..and I would'nt be in church..don't get me wrong to each is own..but i would definatly be in one of the parks...

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We spend the day in the MK. We drip to the park and leave right from there to the airport. Worst moment of the entire trip...

For just that reason, we don't go to the MK on departure day. We do it the day and night before, saying goodbye to the park with the fireworks and/or parade and when possible, kiss goodnight.

We'll go to another park, usually Epcot for the final visit before leaving.

Upvote 0

will_hsv

We have begun counting our checkout day as the last day. We get up, get packed, checkout and head over to downtown disney to do the shopping that we skip while in the parks. That way we maximize our park time and we have not really run into anything that we had to have at the parks that you cannot find at downtown disney.

Upvote 0

DisneyDellsDude

We always do the Magic Kingdom the last full day. We get there at the crack of dawn, and stay till park closing and watch Wishes.

Best thing to do when you are about to end a Disney Vacation imo.:) :)

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
We have begun counting our checkout day as the last day. We get up, get packed, checkout and head over to downtown disney to do the shopping that we skip while in the parks.

That was our original plan; to check out Sunday, then do our shopping and other misc stuff and then head home. But then I figured that would put us into afternoon and it wouldn't give us much driving time for our long trip back. So, I thought if we would just be pulling off in a few hours to sleep anyways, we may as well just sleep at WDW that night and head out bright and early the next day. That way, we aren't rushed on our shopping and can take our time and enjoy the last day there. Either that, or it was check out Sunday, so do our shopping at the mall and DTD on Saturday, which would totally cut into our theme park time. Doing it that way, we would have all of Tues-Fri, part of Monday (after arrival and check in), part of Saturday and then head home Sunday. Having never stayed on property and done just WDW, I'm not sure how many days I would need, but just 4 full days doesn't seem to cut it. :wave:

Upvote 0

sandman50

Kids always hit the pool early a.m.Then we load up and head downtown to pick up some goodies.
We have a semi-short ride home so we try to get out by 6pm or so.
On a note if you do golf don't miss the fairway course at Fantasia Gardens.

rich

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom