Your ideal amount of time

Susan Savia

I think 10 days would do it. We usually stay 8 and are able to do everything we want in that time frame, several times over without feeling rushed.

reubenco

I would stay as long as humanly possible (more like financially possible, actually).

But I agree that there are a lot of factors.
Like for me, I haven't gone since 2005 and I probably won't go again until 2013

sbkline

I'd say 7 or 8 days. I love going to WDW but honestly, I would get sick of it after a while. I want to go for long enough to get my sufficient fill of the place, then be able to feel like it's time to go home. 7 or 8 days gives enough time to sufficiently do the parks, and enjoy the resorts, as well as other off property excursions, without having to rush around. For all those who say they would like to stay forever, or for 3 months, or whatever, I think they would change their tune pretty quick if they actually got their wish. The place would become dull and routine and lose it's magic.

3IAlienKid

2-3 weeks for sure

Happy New Year everyone!

I did 10 days once, and felt like it was enough, but I definitely would have been happy staying several days more. So maybe 2-3 weeks.

1) I'd need at least 1 day each for all the parks -- MK, DHS, AK, Epcot FW, Epcot WS, TL, & BB. That's 7 days so far.
2) Then I'd want at least 3-4 days to do other things like explore hotels & their restaurants, watercraft, Ft Wilderness/Tri-Circle Ranch, Wide World Sports, Boardwalk, DTD, Cirque du Soleil, Fantasia Gardens. I'd also take a day to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Maybe see Celebration and the Disney Wildlife Preserve station.
3) Then another 3-4 days to return to anything I'd missed or want to repeat again.

Jenna

I

If you added the rest of that area of Florida I could see a longer trip even up to a 21-30 day trip. I've met a few people, mostly from over-seas, that do the month long "Super Trip" but they often are doing the Universal parks, Bush Gardens, the Space Center and lots of other things.

That's us :D Can't wait! I'd probably do three weeks tops of just disney!

smk

We have never been for two weeks at WDW, but usually two weeks is about all I can take anywhere. After that I miss my bed and my dog. Well, I miss the dog on day one but the bed at about day ten or so.

bgraham34

My goal in the next 3-5 years will be to stay at least 10 days in the world. It has been about 20 years since I have had such a long trip. We usually run 4-6 days on our trips now. It would just be nice to stay long enough were we don't have to go into the parks or even play miniature golf.

captainkidd

We go for 2 weeks in the summer. I'd say, that's pretty good. If we're going to Universal and Sea World, perhaps 16 nights.

Of course, if it's a solo trip, 5 or 6 days is plenty of time.

hwdelien

I have never had ANY problems doing what I wanted to do within three or four days.

Three days would be tough. I pretty much always do 1 park 1 day (base ticket) and it takes very careful planning to see everything in a park in 1 day. Oh, and I ONLY go in the off season (usually the beginning of May).

tarjaybuff

Opinion

We found that 12 days work best for us. 2 days of travel (1down/1back), and then a 10 day park hopper. You won't miss a thing that way! Unless there is a rehab, lol!:ROFLOL:

koolaidmoms

I think 10 days. We tried the 14 day thing once and we seriously started to lose our grip on reality. We sat at on a porch on Tom Sawyer's Island for 20 minutes trying to figure out if a bird was real or animatronic. We decided then that 14 days was just a little too long. By the way we figured out the bird was realy when he up and flew away! :ROFLOL:

jen2009

I agree with most....two weeks would be nice. I have always gone to the parks and never got to enjoy the resorts at Disney. I would do a 7 day pass and spend time by the pool and go and check out the other resorts. One day.....

The Disney Kid

We like to go twice a year and we stay 6 days. Check in early Sunday and check out Saturday. We spend 2days in EPCOT, 2 days In MK, 1 day at AK, and 1 day at HS. Generally we hit AK on AM EMH and are Downtown By 3:00 pm.

Hrudey3032

Me personally I would want 3-4 weeks.I would want to visit all the parks at least 2 days each to make sure i didn't miss anything and to visit my favorites more than once. I then would like to visit the waterparks as well as both mini golf courses.I want to have some down days in between so that adds a few days to the trip.I would want to go shopping while there a few days.I also would like to do Sea World again and to take in a hockey game in Tampa. The rest of time would be visiting with my dad and sister.This next trip I am there 11 days so I hope to get as much in as I can.

fosse76

Three days would be tough. I pretty much always do 1 park 1 day (base ticket) and it takes very careful planning to see everything in a park in 1 day. Oh, and I ONLY go in the off season (usually the beginning of May).

I park hop...and Epcot usually takes the least amount of time for me, with Soarin' being the only attraction with a wait of any significance. I don't do everything at any one park, just the stuff I want to do and that interests me. I don't think I could sit through the Festival of the Lion King again (once was enough) ot It's a Smal World. Once on CoP was enough. Don't much care for Laugh factory either. So on repeat visits I know what I can skip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom