Your first day At WALT DISNEY WORLD?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Just out of curiousity and yes I know it depends on the time of day you actually arrive ,but what do you do your first day at Disney???? For us we always fly out early ..so we usually get there around 12 or 1 pm ..check in if we can..get something to eat check out the place..POR ...my daughter get sher hair braided then we usually off once the luggage gets ther..if we wait....then its off to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day and nite....for us its always a must for the first day.....

15 more days to go!!!!

sbkline

We've never stayed on property before. So on our honeymoon, we stayed in Kissimmee in a Super 8 and did WDW as well as Sea World, Bush Gardens, NASA and other misc things. But EPCOT was the first park we went to, checking into the motel on Monday and taking it easy the rest of the day, then getting up bright and early Tuesday and hitting EPCOT. Same thing the following year. In 2005, we went for a couple days and did EPCOT only and toured Downtown Disney. But I think every time we've done EPCOT, SSE is the first ride we do.

Ironic thing is, we did EPCOT first on our honeymoon, because the last time I was there before that (and the only other time) was when I was 12 or so, and I thought it was incredibly boring back then. So I was still remembering it as a sucky, boring park, so I wanted to do it first and get it over with. However, it is now one of my favorites. LOL

doc_holiday3500

First my wife and I buy our re-fillable mugs from our resort and then we're off to MGM for our first ride on TOT.

10 long and painful days of waiting left!!!

Disney_Belle

i go to the hotel, check in, get my mug, fill it up, go to my room, drop off all the papers and info they give you upon check-in, turn on resort television for about 20 - 30 minutes, get my backpack or whatever set up for when i go the parks, then its off to MK! i always book a morning flight so i have the rest of the day in the park, if i fly in at night, i can't sleep because i get too excited about going to the parks haha.

eeyoremum

We leave on Saturday morning. Bright and early with a 6 am flight. We are flying from Buffalo but are Canadian so we will need to leave about 3 am or so.

Once at the resort we head to Epcot after check in. My boys (7 and 12) love Epcot. Very strange I understand for kids let alone boys. My youngest can't wait to ride MS for the first time. He was too little last time we were there. Funny I liked MS but am a little nervous to ride it this time round (but will anyway).

David

After checking in, we often we head over to DD, grab a bite at Rainforest Cafe for lunch (I know that a lot of folks don't RC, but we've always enjoyed it), , shop and walk around a little bit then go back to the rooms, change and head over to MK. This year (36 days 21 h 44 m 11s) we arrive at 9:30 AM, so we are going to check in, then go over to DAK to ride EE. Also, that will be a EEM, so we plan on staying late. We've never been there at night, so it will be different seeing it then. And of course, we'll try the Rainforest outside DAK on the first day.

Scooter

We arrive around 11AM.
Then we check in, then unload our stuff. (if our room is ready)
Next we go to The Food and Fun Center at Disney's Contemporary Resort and order a Chicken Strips Basket with Kens Honey Mustard dipping sauce.
Then we hop on the monorail and it's off to EPCOT Center for the rest of the day!

DisneyBride94

We've never had a must-do first day routine...

Since using Magical Express (last year was the first time) we bring a carry-on daybag so that we don't have to wait around for our luggage... get changed...and get on our way--wherever we've decided to go...

Often we start off our trip with dinner at Chef Mickey's (Though in the past we've often ENDED our trip with breakfast at Chef MIckey's). This year we could not get a reservation there for when we wanted it, though. (Still eating there...just not on our first or last day).

This year we are kicking off our trip with the MNSSHP the evening of our arrival... we fly in and reach Orlando around 1PM...by the time we get to our hotel it will be 3PM...so perhaps we'll have an hour to use the pool and then dress for the Halloween party... we are going to eat at Tony's that night at MK... so that should work out well...would've preferred to eat at Liberty Tree...but there were no reservations available...

Quite often we start off our trips at EPCOT... Just has worked out that way...

figment1985

We drive from North Carolina at about 6am or 7am.... then arrive afternoon, and stay at an off site hotel for one night. We usually eat out that night somewhere decent, and just rest up for the big tomorrow. We then check in to our hotel early and go to Magic Kingdom as it opens!!!!

12 more days!

We don't really have a first day routine. It seems that our last couple of trips we spent our first day in Epcot because it was raining when we arrived and we figured that Epcot had the most indoor areas. With it being just the two of us it is pretty easy to do things day by day. We usually start each day with "so what do you want to do today?"

CoffeeJedi

My planned itinerary for next Friday (next Friday!?!?! SQUEEEEEE!!!!!, ahem... sorry)

Fly in to MCO at 10:30am
DME, hotel, check in, blah blah blah
Head over to Magic Kingdom as soon as possible, hopefully getting through gate before 1:00.
Sit on a bench in Town Square for a good 20 minutes by myself and take it all in. Then maybe wander around, poking my head in places i normally don't have the chance too.
A friend arrives at the airport at 12:00, so he'll probably meet me in the park around 2.
Our other friends are getting in at 3, they're going to straight to Epcot where we'll hop the Monorail and meet them for dinner at 6.

Uponastar

Our first day in is always the same when we fly.
We get an early morning flight out of Philly (usually before 7:00 AM.)
We get into Orlando around 9:00 AM, get to our hotel, check in. Sometimes we're actually lucky enough to get into our room and unpack. Sometimes we have to leave our bags till around 3:00 PM.) Either way, we're then off to DTD where we spend a good portion of the day and early evening. Then it's back to the hotel to finish unpacking. Then an early bedtime to rest up for our first day at the parks. First up. . .Magic Kingdom!

Cole'sMom

We always get there early-around noon, go to the AKL to check in and hit MK right away. We always ride the Haunted Mansion first. this year we are going with a 10 week old baby so things may not be as structured. We will still go to MK first and ride HM though! It's going to be quite different to say the least. 10 more days-I deserve a vacation after 7 months on pregnancy bedrest!

iheartdisney91

get up really early then catch the plane then arrive to disney then if we can chesk into our room then go to the magic kingdom and look at the castle with tears of joy lol then go eat at pacos bills then run to pirates or the mansion!:wave: now i really wanna go even more so then before

Lanipie

We used to always go to Magic Kingdom first but this year with EMH and the DDP we are doing things differently. So this year we are doing AK first. We are those freaks who get up at the crack of dawn to be first at the parks. None of us are late sleepers anyway and then add in the excitement of being at WDW and we just can't sleep past 6 or 7am.

We leave for the world at 6am tomorrow morning!!!!!!!

campdisney

We generally arrive at WDW in the early evening after two days of driving. After check in, we unpack, hit the pool for an hour or two and then check out the food court & gift shop at the hotel, sometimes just walk around and acclimate a bit.

It has become a tradition for us to always go on Spaceship Earth first, so in the morning we head to Epcot and spend the first full day there.

hankhill

A must

We must get to MK the very first thing. Off the bus/limo check in (POR) gas up and away we go. Come back for late supper and set the tone for the week....:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom