Your favorite thing about your favorite resort!!

As my mind wanders towards my next trip to WDW in December, it got me to thinking about my families favorite thing about our favorite resort...the Mayan pyrimid at the CSR. We love the theme of this pool area and hope the pool at the Beach Club will rival the pool at the CSR, which we have been told that it does. In any case...

What is the favorite thing about your favorite resort?

disneylemons

The Poly is my favorite and I love the smells, sounds, the whole 'feel' from the minute you get there to check in and ride the cart back to the concierge building where they serve you the tropical punch while you check in... the volcano pool..the pool bar..yep wish I was there right now!

Upvote 0

njDizFan

My favorite is DAK. You have access to 3 of the best restaurants on property(Jiko, Boma, Sanaa). The resort store has some great African merchandise. You can stroll through the savannah and view the animals. The overall theming is great, it's fun to just sit back and relax in a rocking chair next to the fire pit.

Also, Victoria Falls is a great little lounge.

Upvote 0

Skooterkid

I love the Grand Floridian. I've never stayed there but I've visited it several times for character breakfasts and such. It is truly incredible. My favourite thing about it might just be how calm and airy it seems. I love the pastel colours and the ornate touches, like the incredible chandeliers and carvings.. only Disney could achieve such perfection!

Upvote 0

becanya

I love the boat from the WL to the MK. Also the little nook with small rocking chairs that shows the Disney cartoons over by the front door.

Upvote 0

petey

At AKL you can go over to Kidani Village, and ask for a table by the window
and have a great dinner at Sanaa restaurant watching the animals during dinner. Then after dinner swing back over to Jambo house, go out past Uzima pool by the fence (after dark) and use the night vision goggles made
available to guests and view the animals in the savannah. It is pretty neat,
and their are guides to point out what is out in the savannah at that time.
Also as someone already mentioned Victoria Falls lounge right above Boma & Jiko is a nice place to relax.

Upvote 0

dave&di

I love the Grand Floridian. I've never stayed there but I've visited it several times for character breakfasts and such. It is truly incredible. My favourite thing about it might just be how calm and airy it seems. I love the pastel colours and the ornate touches, like the incredible chandeliers and carvings.. only Disney could achieve such perfection!

The GF is my fav resort, you hit the nail on the head, it is calm. I stayed in 2008, the stayed at the Poly last year, this was when I realised how calm the GF is, not over crowded and full of children.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

My favorite thing about Yacht Club is the view--big balconies looking out over Crescent Lake, BoardWalk, and Epcot is incredible, day or night!!

Love eating my croissant sandwich in the morning on the balcony, and love watching Illuminations at night--and then the crowds of people walking back to their room, with the electric glow of the BoardWalk just across the shimmering lake. lol, such a great place

Upvote 0

coachwnh

Grand Floridian at Christmas

This resort was made for Christmas!! On our next Thanksgiving trip, i want to stay there. The decorations and feel are just amazing.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

The Polynesian is my favorite for many reasons-one being it's location. MK is my favorite park and I adore being so close to it and a short monorail ride away. We love being right in the middle of the magic. I also love the island atmosphere and greenery, the serenity of it, the food, the rooms and more!

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Pop - has to be the displays on the wall in the lobby. I love "I remember those or that"
ASMu - the lush feel of the vegetation around the calypso and Jazz buildings -the fountain area in the middle
FWC - the incredible laid-back feeling of the whole resort and, of course, the golf carts. Your own bed and pillows in the RV, lounge chairs under the awing with a good book, charcoal grilling, brewed coffee first thing in the a.m. - ah, 49 days!

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

The Poly is my favorite for it's over the topand best themed. The funny thing is we haven't stayed there yet, will be for a few nights of our August trip.
Otherwise it is now Bay Lake Towers and this is because of the location, we can walk right into the Magic Kingdom. Hop the monorail easy. Two of our favorite meals, California Grill and Chef Mickey's right there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom