Your favorite 2 dining credit option?

_Scar

Original Poster
We were looing into possibly upgrading our 5 day DP to 7 day DP and do 5 single credit restaurants and one signature/dinner show.

But we are trying to justify what gives up the most "bang for your buck" for 2 credits, otherwise we'd just do 2 more single credit restaurants instead.

So, what's your favorite place. What can you recommend for us?

We were looking into Citricos, Brown Derby, Artist Point, but they all seemed so cheap when you figure you're using double credits.

slappy magoo

What's so great about that place?

Is it sorta all hillbilly jokes? lol

Not really hillbilly, more like an family-friendly Wild West song-and-dance revue.

Food's not awesome, but tasty, fried chicken and ribs, all-you-can-eat family style, PLUS all-you-can-drink beer and wine, which makes it affordable for a few people :D So in terms of getting dinner, some booze AND a show, it is a good bang for the buck.

We've not done a lot of Signature restaurants - Artist Point, Brown Derby and Cali Grill. All in all, I'd say Artist Point was the best meal and Cali Grill was the best overall "dining experience."

_Scar

Original Poster
Anyone try Narcoosee's?

Not really hillbilly, more like an family-friendly Wild West song-and-dance revue.

Food's not awesome, but tasty, fried chicken and ribs, all-you-can-eat family style, PLUS all-you-can-drink beer and wine, which makes it affordable for a few people So in terms of getting dinner, some booze AND a show, it is a good bang for the buck.

We've not done a lot of Signature restaurants - Artist Point, Brown Derby and Cali Grill. All in all, I'd say Artist Point was the best meal and Cali Grill was the best overall "dining experience."

I'm keeping the Revue alive, but not everyone I'm with is on board. So, we'll see. But I appreciate your response :)

We have tried many and found Yachtsman to be the best.

Interesting! I will have to keep that in mind.

disneyaholic86

:slurp:

Is surf and turf at Nacroosee's good for 2 credits? It costs lie 50 something bucks....

Totally worth it. It was the best meal I've had so far at WDW. Way better than the much overrated California Grill. They didn't have and restrictions on the menu when I went which my partner and I both got surf and turf. I loved the steak, the lobster wasn't great, but still quite good. The view for Wishes was amazing as well.

stof911

it says on nacrosse(sp?) anyway, that it has views of the magic kingdom, is it right on the lagoon, if any body knows that would be great

Goofycanuck

it says on nacrosse(sp?) anyway, that it has views of the magic kingdom, is it right on the lagoon, if any body knows that would be great

Yes right on the lagoon, with excellent views of both Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant. Dinner is well worth the 2 credits IMO.

Sloan

Jiko or Cali Grill

California Grill is simply excellent - I've been there more times than I can count now, and every meal is great - some better than others - but always fantastic, and as Slappy said, a great overall dining experience. (They have great specials - I've had ostrich, bison, various fresh fish, etc., and all have actually been special);

I love Jiko too (as Nick_A suggested), the dining room is very pretty, the grounds of the ALK are not to be missed, but not every meal that I've had there has been as spectacular. (most have been, though).

The food at Citricos is great - but I don't know if your 'dining experience' will be as special as with the others - unless you are in a private room its pretty noisy, pretty packed .... if that does not bother you, then its a fine option.

DisneyGator

I have dined at Citrico's and Cali Grill, and definitely would say that the overall experience is better at Cali Grill. The food at both places was great, but I think my Cali Grill meal was probably better than my meal at Citrico's....if you do decide on Cali Grill, do not pass up the sushi if you are a sushi fan!!! It is an appetizer...I think it is called lava something or other (I can't remember for sure), but I have had a lot of really good sushi, and this was the best I have had anywhere! Someone told me that Cali Grill's sushi chef was recently ranked #8 in the world (I can't remember where I heard that, but having tried the sushi, I can believe it).

Good luck...I am sure there are lots of great 2 credit options for you to try, just thought I would share what I know! :)

Mukta

My favorite signature meals have been at California Grill and Narcoosee's.
The first time I ever the Electric Water Pageant was from Narcoosee's.
It was my first trip to WDW and I didn't even know about the Electric Water Pageant. It was a wonderful surprise.

janoimagine

What's so great about that place?

Is it sorta all hillbilly jokes? lol

Not at all ... its a great dinner show with some great food, way, way, way better than the mess of a dinner show over at the Polynesian.

Hoop de Doo Revue is the best value. Artist Point is a close second only because I love the mushroom soup so much. :D

tigsmom

We don't use the dining plan, but I'm going to agree with Computer Magic and say the Yachtsman Steakhouse, every meal has be great. We do like Artist Point as well and since we usually stay at the WL it's close by :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom