Your Disney Splurge

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I'm actually very surprised I didn't see this topic before. I thought for sure this would have been done already.

On the podcast that I'm on (cheap shameless plug, if I may...www.beourguestpodcast.com) our topic for the day was inspired from the Travel Channel special. If we had 24 hours and money was no object, what is it that we would splurge on? So now the question is on to you.

If you had 24 hours...and money was simply no object...what would you do? How would you personally splurge on Disney property?

Some of mine included staying at AKL Concierge, getting a massage at Saratoga Springs, and of course, eating at the Chef's Table at Victoria & Alberts. (Actually, I had a pretty jam packed day all planned out...and it was full to the brim!)

Have fun and let's see what we can come up with!

Dukeblue1016

I'm actually very surprised I didn't see this topic before. I thought for sure this would have been done already.

On the podcast that I'm on (cheap shameless plug, if I may...www.beourguestpodcast.com) our topic for the day was inspired from the Travel Channel special. If we had 24 hours and money was no object, what is it that we would splurge on? So now the question is on to you.

If you had 24 hours...and money was simply no object...what would you do? How would you personally splurge on Disney property?

Some of mine included staying at AKL Concierge, getting a massage at Saratoga Springs, and of course, eating at the Chef's Table at Victoria & Alberts. (Actually, I had a pretty jam packed day all planned out...and it was full to the brim!)

Have fun and let's see what we can come up with!

NOBODY LISTEN TO HER PODCAST... all you can hear is some kind of annoying nagging screeching noise... it's quite disturbing...

(unfortunately anyone who doesn't realize the ongoing me vs. nibbs thing might take me seriously and then I'll feel bad... so everybody listen to it... it's actually really good... anything in parenthesis doesn't count though Nibbs... it's like whispering behind your back...)

and I really don't wanna respond to one of your topics... but this is actually (gulp) a fun topic of conversation I'm intrigued by...

I would definitely stay at AKL in a Savannah View room... (hopefully at least a full year after you've stayed there... ugh gross...)

I don't think I'd do any tours though because they don't interest me as much... so I'd probably do a park in the morning... then have lunch at like... Narcossee's (if they do lunch... :shrug:)

I'd play a round of golf at the Palm... have dinner at Narcossee's if they aren't open for lunch... or at the Yachtsmen steakhouse...

I'd rent the Grand 1 for Wishes...

and if money wasn't an object... I'd offer disney a bagillion dollars to keep Magic Kingdom open all night for me... :lookaroun

(I'm guessing we have to reasonable... you and you're weird rules nibbs...)

so take that out...

I don't know... that sounds good....

I'd buy a shirt too...

SewIn2Disney

I would book a concierge suite at both the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Yacht and Beach club so I could take advantage of both of their amenities. I would take the Sunrise Safari from the AK lodge, and have breakfast there after enjoying our private tour of Kilimanjaro Safari. Then I would take the Backstage Magic tour. After the tour, I would take a late afternoon swim at the Yacht and Beach Club's stormalong bay. After my refreshing swim, I would head over to the Contemporary where I would go parasaling as the sun sets over the MK. After parasaling, I would head into the California Grill and have some amazing sushi while watching Wishes from the balcony.
After dinner, I would hit up the World of Disney store and Once Upon a Toy and have the most exhilirating shopping spree ever. I'm seeing all of the Disney themed board games, many many potato heads, any Monorail accessories they may still be selling, all of the jewerly I usually drool over, scrapbooking supplies, shirts for everyone, and all the home/kitchen stuff!

Ahhh----now that my fantasy is over, I'm going to go sit in the corner all depressed as I realize it was indeed, just a fantasy.....lol

drewchyi

24hrs and money was no object?.....i would close all the parks and invite all the sick/less than fortunate kids to come and experience Disney for once in their lives. i would pay for transportation, food, etc.

Dukeblue1016

24hrs and money was no object?.....i would close all the parks and invite all the sick/less than fortunate kids to come and experience Disney for once in their lives. i would pay for transportation, food, etc.

:eek:

Feels AWFUL for all the self-centered and selfish things I just listed about 10 minutes ago...

Eyorefan

I work with a group of kids who will probably never get to go to Dinsey World. I think I would fly them and their families to fly to WDW. I would get them park hopper plus dinning MYW tickets. I would also make the arrangments for them to stay at the hotel of thier choice for 10 days, help them make the ADRs they wanted, and give them spending money for while they were there. I would get the group special seating for all the night time shows (maybe do a boat cruise if they wanted). I would ask them what their disney dream would be and I would work to make each kid's wish come true. I would also treat them all to breakfest at Cheif Mickey's on our last day. Other than that I would want them to have a normal Dinsey vacation and experiance the whole thing with their families. When they got home I would give them all photo books with pictures from their vacation.

That and I would pay the outragous amount of money for my DD and I to do the princess tea party at the Grand Floridian. And since the Grand Floridian is my daughter's favoiriate hotel I would get us a suite there.

drewchyi

dont feel bad. if there were a max say 25K..heck yeah..i'd go all out for myself as well. if u really sat down and thought about "money is no object"....i'm sure u wouldnt think about just urself....u would actually think "hey....i could actually do something for as many people as i can!" y only spend..what...25K for 24hrs when you could spend an infinite amount.

WDW 3

:eek: unfortunately "there are too many sick/less than fortunate kids"
I thought this was to have fun....
So on with the fun:sohappy:
Me, I'd take my entire family on the Backstage Magic tour and we'd end the day with one of the dinner shows. This would really be a splurge for us!

mickey&me

Richard Petty Driving Experience for DH

Grand Floridian Magic Kingdom view room

Chef's Table at V & A

Grand 1 cruise for Wishes

Hire a VIP tour guide for the day and give 'em a huge tip at the end of it!

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
DukeBlue1016 said:
NOBODY LISTEN TO HER PODCAST... all you can hear is some kind of annoying nagging screeching noise... it's quite disturbing...

(unfortunately anyone who doesn't realize the ongoing me vs. nibbs thing might take me seriously and then I'll feel bad... so everybody listen to it... it's actually really good... anything in parenthesis doesn't count though Nibbs... it's like whispering behind your back...)

and I really don't wanna respond to one of your topics... but this is actually (gulp) a fun topic of conversation I'm intrigued by...

*punches you*

(Really...it's like we're brother and sister with all this annimosity...)

*Give you a wedgie for good measure too*

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Start with Concierge Savannah View at AKL

Sunrise Safari

Spa Treatment at Grand Floridian

VIP tour of MK

Chef's Table at V&A

Wishes Fireworks Cruise

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'll get the room next to your's at AKL Concierge
Start the day with a Sunrise tour,
Bit of Scuba at the Seas with the boys while DW and DD head over to GF Spa
Pick up some nice LE artiwork and sericels at art of Disney
Pins (as if I don't have enough)
Agree with dinner at V&A's
Family portrait session

k.hunter30

Wow... going to WDW is a splurge for me in itself... but if money was no option... hmmm...

I'd definitely do the chefs table at V&A. I'd see if I can pay to have certain characters go on rides with me and hire a professional photographer to capture the entire day. I'd rent out the MK for the night for me and 50 friends. I'd either stay at the Concierge level/largest suite of GF or Contemporary.

lpet11984

Beyond doing whatever I could for others, I'd definitely:

*Buy a DVC membership and annual passes
*Stay at AKL for the sunrise safari, then head over to Poly concierge
*Do the ultimate shopping/eating/drinking around World Showcase
*One of the swimming tours at the Living Seas
*Spa treatment
*Chef's Table @ V&A
*Buy at least one of the large paintings at Art of Disney...one of the ones I could stare at for hours and build a music studio around it...
*Buy at least one of the gorgeous Arribas Bros. and/or Swarovski pieces that I'd never otherwise be able to afford
*Rent the Grand 1 for a cruise around the lagoon

I would definetly buy a DVC... at the highest point value possible, invite my family to come spend two weeks in WDW.
Stay at the Grand Floridian with spa treatments for the girls.
Take every tour possible that is offered in WDW... and just shop til i drop.

Eyekimore

Splurging at Disney brings a smile to my face......
Here's what I'd love to do on an unlimited budget.

* Do a Sunrise safari (which means I also stay at WL on Concierge)
* Go for a massage/hair appt.
* Buy more points on our DVC
* Buy the Thomas Kinkaid castle painting I saw at Art of Disney
* Do an Illuminations cruise on the Breathless
* Get remarried in front of the castle with all my family and friends there. I want the trumpeters- the Cinderella coach- Mickey and Minnie- followed by fireworks and the park open only for our guests. Our guests will stay at the Poly and we'll get a room at the castle.
:sohappy:

After I've woken from that dream- I know I'm still fortunate enough to visit twice a year. That itself is a splurge for some people. I am truly blessed!:)

cooleo

Grand1 for Wishes.....
Richard Petty driving....
AKL Concierge room....
and THOUSANDS of pins for my collection....... :lol:

CaptainMichael

*Massage at Grand Floridian
*Fishing Excursion on Bay Lake
*Cruise on the Grand 1, but only if they let me drive!

Also, I didn't know you were on a podcast...I'll have to check it out! *my turn for a plug*If you ever need any guests to talk about Watercraft or College Program...:wave::lookaroun

wdwmomof3

First I would check into AKL with Concierge Savannah View.

Buy the DVC membership with lots of points.

Book a Disney cruise.

Book a trip for two weeks for me and all of my friends and family, with deluxe dining and lots of gift cards for them. Set tours and the works for everyone.

Go to DDT and shop till I drop. I would fill a Disney Bus or two.:lol:

Head to the Magic Kingdom and pay for everyone's tickets for the length of their vacation.

Have a deluxe spa treatment.

Have a romantic dinner with my husband on the Grand One and enjoy Wishes.

Lastly, I would play a "Day of a Million Dreams" and give wonderful gifts to every CM that I came in contact with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom