You never thought this would happen?

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Heres a new one to start, Have you ever been to Disney or Universal and have some thing happen you thought to your self WOW I cant believe this happend, or this will never happen again?
For me I was in Disney Sept 2010 and I was there 11 days, Walking out 2nd to my last day some one asked me if I was celebrating some thing.. I has Just engaged pins on.. I say YES just got engaged in the beggining of our trip. They said we have a special gift for you, we open it a night stay at cinderellas castle and cinderella breakfast the next morning, well they were really cool ( we didnt have a car this time) they drove us to POP and got some cloths for the next day and we stayed the night it was AMAZING, when we were leaving they brought our dirty cloths etc back to pop and we picked them up at the desk when we got back that night, and i thought to my self WOW this will never happen to me again!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We were checking in to the All Star Music in December of 2009 and got upgraded to the Beach Club. It was awesome and makes me always want to stay at the Beach Club even if my budget won't allow it.

graphite1326

We were checking in to the All Star Music in December of 2009 and got upgraded to the Beach Club. It was awesome and makes me always want to stay at the Beach Club even if my budget won't allow it.

WOW. I'd love to stay at Beach Club. Do they still do that sort of thing or was this just during a promotion?

Diane Hughess

When I was in my twenties, I went to the World with a friend in her 30's who had never been there before. We had so much fun! But we were on the boat in EPCOT that takes you across the world showcase, and the captains were wearing their white uniforms. My friend tells me that the 'captain' who was speaking on the microphone wasn't wearing any underwear. I thought it was a wierd thing to say, so I looked, and sure enough, those white pants are very SHEER! Ewwww!! Never thought that could happen at Disney!!

The Mom

Premium Member
WOW. I'd love to stay at Beach Club. Do they still do that sort of thing or was this just during a promotion?

Sometimes they make mistakes when booking groups. The Value resorts are popular with groups comprised of teenagers amd children, such as bands, sports teams, etc.

If they miscount the number of rooms needed, it is easier, fairer, and safer to move someone not connected with the group. They have to keep minors together with chaperones and parents.

This has happened to me from time to time (getting an upgrade to a better room) but usually within the same resort. I know for a fact that once it was due to a tour group having more people than expected check in just before us. They were given our room, and we were moved - up to a suite on the concierge level.

fauzha7

The first 25 yrs of marriage, we spent raising 7 kids, so for our 25th Anniversary, they sent us to WDW in 05. We had flight problems that landed us overnight in Cincy, Oh. When we finally arrived at PoP, our resy had been canceled but they reinstated it for us with Free DDP plus the CM gave my DW a rose. In 07, we returned to All Star Music and was given an up grade from regular room to a family suite. My DW loved having her own bathroom for a week. Then in 09, we were getting our pictures taken (along with all the little kids) at Camp M/M and was approached by 2 CM's who asked if we were having fun. We told them we were trying to do all the things we missed on our 08 trip (I got sick the 2nd day we were there and ended up in the hospital with a bad staff infection on my leg) and they invited us to ride the opening float in the AK parade that day. There are many small things that happened if you just learn to appreciate the little extra a CM may provide you that probably means little to someone else.

DizneyPryncess

Heres a new one to start, Have you ever been to Disney or Universal and have some thing happen you thought to your self WOW I cant believe this happend, or this will never happen again?
For me I was in Disney Sept 2010 and I was there 11 days, Walking out 2nd to my last day some one asked me if I was celebrating some thing.. I has Just engaged pins on.. I say YES just got engaged in the beggining of our trip. They said we have a special gift for you, we open it a night stay at cinderellas castle and cinderella breakfast the next morning, well they were really cool ( we didnt have a car this time) they drove us to POP and got some cloths for the next day and we stayed the night it was AMAZING, when we were leaving they brought our dirty cloths etc back to pop and we picked them up at the desk when we got back that night, and i thought to my self WOW this will never happen to me again!

That is an unbelievable story!! Absolutely amazing, congrats on your engagement & your Disney luck! I have never heard another story of a regular guest getting a random stay in the castle suite outside of the year of a million dreams. It gives me some hope, haha. :)

For me, it was during my honeymoon. My husband had Gifts of a Lifetime custom make me a scavenger hunt around the Magic Kingdom. I had no clue - we went to the wishing well, and there was a letter on a bench with my name on it. From there, it went on for over 2 hours all over the park w/all kinds of goodies at the end. It was such a surprise, and probably like nothing I will ever do in the parks again.

tjnpd116

Just got back from my 25 th trip to disney march 12 and we were going to stay at all star sports. Some friends of ours had checked in the day before and got moved to movies, so we expected the same, as we were listed as traveling together. Went to check in and were told we were being moved to the ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE. Had a balcony with an awsome view on the third floor. our friends went and told the desk that our party had been seperated and they moved them to the animal kingdom lodge also. It was amazing!!!

4everDory

When we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, I booked us for a pool view room. When I got to our room, I discovered that we had been upgraded to a Savannah view room w/ bunk beds!!! Very exciting!!!

Belle1004

We were visiting in 2008 during the year of a million dreams. Part of this promotion was giving away the dream fast passes where you received fast passes for every ride (possible) in the park. We were about to go on tower of terror and during the pre show two cms came in and surprised us with the fast passes. We were so excited and made a joke about how this was so cool but it would be even better to get these for mk. The very next day we were exiting haunted mansion and they were yelling to stay to the right. We didn't know what was going on. It turned out they were handing out the fast passes. We couldn't believe we got so lucky! :sohappy:

Chevross

Just had ordered dessert, when they asked me if I was celebrating something, which I was, and ended up with two desserts at the Brown Derby....boy was I full! Very nice, and oh so good. :lol:

rob0519

Upgraded Room

In April of 2009 we booked two tower rooms at the Contemporary, Bay Lake view. When we arrived and got to our rooms we found that not only was the pool under construction with all that noise, but it was the last week of spring break and loud music was blaring almost all day.

On day two I went to the front desk and said all the noise was having a negative effect on our son who is developmentally impaired. I asked if it was possible to get two rooms at a different resort for some or all of the remainder of our stay. The clerk listened politely and went to speak with her manager. When she returned I was told there were no rooms at other resorts, but that we would be moved to the Concierge Level, MK view for the remainder of our stay (5 nights) at no additional charge.

Needless to say I was almost speechless at such a generous offer and the kids were ecstatic. Now we're saving up to book MK view rooms for the next vacation.

Tigger1988

We had an early ADR at Crystal Palace and had just finished eating about 10 minutes before MK opened. We were on an empty Main Street talking to a CM who was dressed a bit "fancier" than most, in the middle of our discussion he asked us if we'd like to be Grand Marshals in that afternoon's parade!

We had always joked that something like that would never happen to us. In 20+ years of trips at that point nothing like that had happened to anyone in my family, was quite the experience.

lbrad

just got back from my 25 th trip to disney march 12 and we were going to stay at all star sports. Some friends of ours had checked in the day before and got moved to movies, so we expected the same, as we were listed as traveling together. Went to check in and were told we were being moved to the animal kingdom lodge. Had a balcony with an awsome view on the third floor. Our friends went and told the desk that our party had been seperated and they moved them to the animal kingdom lodge also. It was amazing!!!

nice!!!

lbrad

WOW!!! How AWESOME :sohappy:

DRC68

Back in '97 or '98, I went with a group of friends and their parents (total WDW freaks!) When they booked the trip 18 months prior, Mom mentioned they were going to celebrate thier 30th Anniversary. A few months later, she booked lunch at Cinderella's Castle for that day. Wouldn't you know, as we waited for dessert, a manager came over and congratulated them and gave them a pair of champagne flutes with MIckey Mouse on the stems! Pretty sure they still haven't used em, for fear of breaking them!

cassiedoodle

My husband and I made shirts that said Disney Bride and Disney Groom for our honeymoon trip in May 2009. They were a huge hit! We were lucky enough to open DHS. A very nice cast member offered to take our camera to shoot some pictures. After we opened the park, we were driven to RRC and given a free 8by10 after the ride. In the dozens of times I've been to WDW, that is one of my favorite memories. I never thought we'd ever be picked to do that! :sohappy:
Forwdwmagic.jpg

bmarkelon

:sohappy: I love all of these stories. They are so magical, for lack of a better word. I don't have any yet, now I will really be hoping for our own story during our August trip. :king:

JillC LI

For me, it was during my honeymoon. My husband had Gifts of a Lifetime custom make me a scavenger hunt around the Magic Kingdom. I had no clue - we went to the wishing well, and there was a letter on a bench with my name on it. From there, it went on for over 2 hours all over the park w/all kinds of goodies at the end. It was such a surprise, and probably like nothing I will ever do in the parks again.

I never heard of Gifts of A Lifetime. What an amazing gift. Where would someone inquire about a scavenger hunt like that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom