You never thought this would happen?

rsoxguy

Seven of us decided to go up to WDW at the last minute on a Friday evening. We rolled into town past midnight, and couldn't find a reasonable hotel that didn't breed roaches as a side business. My brother-in law called Disney out of shear frustration, and they offered us a room at the Beach Club Resort for just $100.00. We piled into the single room for the night.

I_heart_Tigger

In 1995 I went to Disney on a family vacation and found that a girl from our hometown was working there. She introduced me around and her boss said I should apply to work there and gave me the information to do so.

On our 2nd to last day there the boss called and said she talked about me to the recruiters for the Canadian Pavilion (she was one of them as well) and they asked if I wanted to interview while I was there on vacation.

I interviewed with two Disney reps, and when I got home I got the message that I got the job and went back down to Disney 3 months later.

I ended up working at the Canadian Pavilion for 16 months in 1996-1997...all from a vacation. :D

Emyli Mouse

My husband and I were visiting for the first time together in June 2008 for our second wedding anniversary. We were staying at Saratoga and were on our way to the Poly for a special dinner at 'Ohana. We didn't have a car, so we got on the bus to the MK in our dress clothes. We were the only people on the bus and the driver asked us if we were really going to the MK. We said no, we were going to the Poly, and he drove us to the Poly instead! We didn't have a reservation that night, so we had a blast hanging out by the pool until they had a table for us. We had a castle view for dinner and then we walked on the path toward the Grand Floridian. There was a wedding going on in the Wedding Chapel and I got to sneak up and peek in on the ceremony! We then took the monorail over to BLT and were so early, we were able to sneak up to the bar and watch the MK fireworks from the balcony. We didn't know it, but it was the first night of Nightastic! and got to see a totally different fireworks show than the night before. Afterwards, we got to see the water parade from the other side of the bar balcony. When we went downstairs, the Pirates League boat was coming in from the SSL and we saw Smee and Peter Pan. Most of it was just good luck and good timing, but it made for the most magical Disney evening.

DancingPhoenix

I have so many small things, but this thread just makes me smile so I'll share my little "magic moments".

2000: I was but 9 years old and it was the first time I remember going to WDW (we had gone when i was 11 months old, but obviously I don't remember that). We hit up all the parks, but nothing was quite as magical as when we went to Epcot. They had the big millenium celebration going on and we saw the parade and the fireworks and I remember being so filled with joy and wonder I started to cry. A 9 year old crying tears of joy; I've only since found the same happiness when at Disney.
I also was lucky enough to be chosen to be in the FotLK show, I got to help Simba teach the audience to "roar".

2009: went down with a good friend and they had two showings of the SpectroMagic parade (as usual) so we skipped the later one and rode BTM. Well there was literally no line at all because everyone was at the parade so we got to ride four times in a row without getting off. Same thing happened to us while riding ToT during a later showing of Fantasmic!, and let me tell you riding the ToT at night is a million times better, and I'm such a hardcore fan.

2010: I found a great deal at the GF, and so as a graduation present my parents paid for us to go down there and stay for a once in a lifetime chance. I had read earlier about the keys in the lobby, so I asked the CM at the desk about them. It was like midnight and no one was around anyway, so she grinned at me and said "would you like one?" Knowing she would say that I said yes... but then she gave one to each of my parents as well! I still have it by my bed, an original room key to the GF.

The greatest was my experience with the characters on the 2010 trip. Chip and Dale on Main Street were the best I've ever met. They spent SO much time with me, and Chip even proposed! Dale wasn't having any of that, but Chip proceeded to gesture that we shold live in Cinderella's castle, and then he took me in his arms and we waltzed around the flag pole.
Then during a parade I was taking pictures when I put down my camera for a moment and Mickey looked at me (wearing my classic plush Minnie ears) and pointed to me then blew me a kiss, putting his hand over his heart and "melting". It was the cutest thing ever, and it still makes me grin from ear to ear when I think about it. Being an adult with the characters is far better, in my opinion :king:

zurgandfriend

When me checked into the Contemporary for our honeymoon the greating manager asked us "what brings you to Walt Disney World?" We told him and he wished us well. That night when returned to our room there was a gift basket with Bailey's Irish Cream, fruit, flowers and chocolate and also a card signed by management. A wonderful surprise we have never forgotten.

Edeyore

Heres a new one to start, Have you ever been to Disney or Universal and have some thing happen you thought to your self WOW I cant believe this happend, or this will never happen again?
For me I was in Disney Sept 2010 and I was there 11 days,

No I cannot believe it! I have never been to WDW for 11 days!!
Yes, I am jealous! Very very jealous!!!

Disneyland

My brother and I were at Disneyland on New Year's Eve. We were out in Cali for the Rose Bowl, the buckeyes were playing the next day. At noon, we left Disneyland and went to Santa Monica Pier for the OSU pep rally. When we came back to the park as we were entering a lady was leaving - she said "Go Buckeyes" and then asked us if we would like to $20.00 meal vouchers and we said "YES!".

Another time I was at Animal Kingdom with my brother and as we were entering (We were both wearing OSU jerseys - it was in the fall on a saturday) a family was leaving they said "Go Bucks - would you like four fastpasses to everest".

These events have led me to believe that whenever I wear Ohio State shirts to the Disney parks, something awesome happens.

Mr.Skunkape

In the magic kingdom on Christmas night in 2009 at around midnight we had just gotten of Winni the Pooh ride and a CM stopped us and ask if our boys like to ride Dumbo. We said yes and she said to wait at a doorway a minute before we went to Dumbo. After a short wait a man came out and told us that we would get a private ride on Dumbo with Mickey and Minnie. The door opened and out came Mickey and Minnie they each took one of our boys by the hand walked them to Dumbo and rode the ride with them. They also gave us a private photopass guy to photo the event then we had a private 10 minute photo session with the two after the ride. It was a very nice christmas gift for the family

bluefaery

2010: I found a great deal at the GF, and so as a graduation present my parents paid for us to go down there and stay for a once in a lifetime chance. I had read earlier about the keys in the lobby, so I asked the CM at the desk about them. It was like midnight and no one was around anyway, so she grinned at me and said "would you like one?" Knowing she would say that I said yes... but then she gave one to each of my parents as well! I still have it by my bed, an original room key to the GF.

I have never heard of this, can you please share more about the keys?

This may not be as great as a stay in Cindy's castle (congrats, by the way!) but it is pretty special to me.

A few years ago I was asked to travel with some friends of mine to The World. My friend, her husband, and their three girls, 5, 7, and 6 mos. at the time, are like my family since I live 11 hours from my real fam. These girls have become like children to me and I adore them. I had never done a Disney trip with children and I was really excited to experience everything from their perspective.
For the two weeks leading up to the trip I sent both of the older girls stickers and letters from various characters. I really got into the planning. I had several friends print out little messages from Belle, Goofy, Tink, etc. and I addressed the cards from Main Street and delivered them to their mailbox everyday. I would go over every few nights to see the kids and they would tell me about the mail they had been getting and which Disney "friend" wrote to tell how excited they were to see each of these girls on their visit.
The whole drive down the girls starting telling me that they knew that I had sent the letters and that the characters aren't real. I told them this wasn't true and they would be surprised at Disney magic.
On our second day I was exhausted. Three little ones and two commando Disney parents had run me ragged. I was terribly happy to follow the family to the Princess Meet and Greet and I was hoping for a bit of rest while waiting. This is where my Magical Moment happend.

All three of the girls were completely enthralled with the princesses. Their "disbelief" had totally disappeared and the oldest daughter was even a bit speechless when Cindy started asking her questions. She couldn't think of anything to say. It was adorable.
The best part was as the middle girl walked up to have her hug with Belle. I was standing beside the parents and was watching as Belle walked over. The daughter says to Belle, "You sent me a letter in the mail!". Belle hugged her and says, "I am so glad you got it! I am so glad you finally came by to visit me." I lost it. The smiles on those faces was priceless.
I love Disney Magic!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
aww those are some great experiences.. makes me sad I wanna go back.. I shall go watch the vacation planning cd I like 2009 and 2010 better than 2011 idk why!

Sarabell

To me just being able to go to WDW is magical. I have never had an awesome experience happen to me while in the parks, but someday (sigh)... I never loose hope.

DancingPhoenix

I have never heard of this, can you please share more about the keys?

No problem!

At the check in desk in the lobby of the Grand Floridian they have keys on a wall behind the CMs. They keys are the originals used back when the hotel first opened, before they had the cards. If you ask a CM working behind the desk about them they are supposed to pull one out and give it to you. I'm not sure if all of them do it, but it's a great secret that makes for a great trip souvenir.

If you want I can take a picture of my key as well so you can see it, they're really cool!

Bri1121

I love love reading all of these! What a great thing to start on here!

In 2006 when we took my daughter who was just under two for the first time- I made flight reservations through Continental and by sheer luck I guess we got seats in first class. Very Nice. Then when we arrived in Orlando and found our car service man who was picking us up( we stayed at the Dolphin) he said he has a surprise for us. I was excited to see what it was- It was a stretch limo! He said - as he was loading up the limo- wow you guys have a lot of luggage! We did, I totally over packed as a new mom! When it was time to leave the same driver came to get us in the stretch again!! He said I was too scared to get the town car, your stuff wouldnt fit! Very nice!

Looking forward to out next trip in 100 days!!! :sohappy:

gnuts0306

We stayed at ASMovies last year. Upon our check- in at the resort (we did online check in before our flight), we were told that we were the "Family of the Day". The CM checking us in handed us a nice plaque with our family name on it. A huge bouquet of balloons, and took our picture. She gave us extra arcade passes and my daughter received mouse ears and an autograph book and pen. Later that day they brought us a couple copies of our family pic in nice frames! It was a total surprise and we couldnt have started our trip off on a better foot!!

sweetpee_1993

We've had oodles of little magical moments...that's one of the things I love about Disney...the unexpected magical surprises....

However, my "I never thought it could happen to ME" at WDW is pushing one of my kids around the parks for more than half of the trip in a wheelchair. :lookaroun

Photo0054FourBySix.jpg

I will say that Disney really does go above & beyond to be kind, helpful, and facilitate a family still having the time of their lives in spite of the unexpected, not-so-magical hiccups. :wave:

britdaw

These stories are so cool to read. :D My oldest daughter keeps saying "Wouldn't it be cool if we got picked to stay in Cinderella's Castle while we're there?" and I admit; that would make the trip for me. :) But for now I'll just read all these sweet stories and be happy for you guys. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom