You never thought this would happen?

bjlc57

I guess , reading this, We went for our 30th Anniversary.. and yet, unlike others here, who got some sort of special treatment, we got little.. no free dessert at the restaurant that we went to.. and nothing from Pop Century.. In fact, I had to ask for Anniversary pins as we were coming out of Epcot where a CM was putting the pins together at one of the information booths..

We had a great time. but , we were not aknowledged at all..

are aknowledgements "extremely" common" because, we were part of that "party"..

Bulldog1653

I have been going to Disneyworld since I was a kid (my grandparents used to live in Winterhaven, just outside of Orlando) and can remember being there a year before EPCOT opened (I'm 36) and thinking that this was as far as they would go.
I never thought that Disney would expand as much as they have and there would be so much to do without ever leaving the property.

JillC LI

This may not be as great as a stay in Cindy's castle (congrats, by the way!) but it is pretty special to me.

A few years ago I was asked to travel with some friends of mine to The World. My friend, her husband, and their three girls, 5, 7, and 6 mos. at the time, are like my family since I live 11 hours from my real fam. These girls have become like children to me and I adore them. I had never done a Disney trip with children and I was really excited to experience everything from their perspective.
For the two weeks leading up to the trip I sent both of the older girls stickers and letters from various characters. I really got into the planning. I had several friends print out little messages from Belle, Goofy, Tink, etc. and I addressed the cards from Main Street and delivered them to their mailbox everyday. I would go over every few nights to see the kids and they would tell me about the mail they had been getting and which Disney "friend" wrote to tell how excited they were to see each of these girls on their visit.
The whole drive down the girls starting telling me that they knew that I had sent the letters and that the characters aren't real. I told them this wasn't true and they would be surprised at Disney magic.
On our second day I was exhausted. Three little ones and two commando Disney parents had run me ragged. I was terribly happy to follow the family to the Princess Meet and Greet and I was hoping for a bit of rest while waiting. This is where my Magical Moment happend.

All three of the girls were completely enthralled with the princesses. Their "disbelief" had totally disappeared and the oldest daughter was even a bit speechless when Cindy started asking her questions. She couldn't think of anything to say. It was adorable.
The best part was as the middle girl walked up to have her hug with Belle. I was standing beside the parents and was watching as Belle walked over. The daughter says to Belle, "You sent me a letter in the mail!". Belle hugged her and says, "I am so glad you got it! I am so glad you finally came by to visit me." I lost it. The smiles on those faces was priceless.
I love Disney Magic!

I just love this story!

gnuts0306

This may not be as great as a stay in Cindy's castle (congrats, by the way!) but it is pretty special to me.

A few years ago I was asked to travel with some friends of mine to The World. My friend, her husband, and their three girls, 5, 7, and 6 mos. at the time, are like my family since I live 11 hours from my real fam. These girls have become like children to me and I adore them. I had never done a Disney trip with children and I was really excited to experience everything from their perspective.
For the two weeks leading up to the trip I sent both of the older girls stickers and letters from various characters. I really got into the planning. I had several friends print out little messages from Belle, Goofy, Tink, etc. and I addressed the cards from Main Street and delivered them to their mailbox everyday. I would go over every few nights to see the kids and they would tell me about the mail they had been getting and which Disney "friend" wrote to tell how excited they were to see each of these girls on their visit.
The whole drive down the girls starting telling me that they knew that I had sent the letters and that the characters aren't real. I told them this wasn't true and they would be surprised at Disney magic.
On our second day I was exhausted. Three little ones and two commando Disney parents had run me ragged. I was terribly happy to follow the family to the Princess Meet and Greet and I was hoping for a bit of rest while waiting. This is where my Magical Moment happend.

All three of the girls were completely enthralled with the princesses. Their "disbelief" had totally disappeared and the oldest daughter was even a bit speechless when Cindy started asking her questions. She couldn't think of anything to say. It was adorable.
The best part was as the middle girl walked up to have her hug with Belle. I was standing beside the parents and was watching as Belle walked over. The daughter says to Belle, "You sent me a letter in the mail!". Belle hugged her and says, "I am so glad you got it! I am so glad you finally came by to visit me." I lost it. The smiles on those faces was priceless.
I love Disney Magic!

Letters in the mail you say? What a FANTASTIC idea!! If you dont mind :p , I think I will be stealing this idea. It will be a great way to make our 159 days go a lil faster!!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
We've had oodles of little magical moments...that's one of the things I love about Disney...the unexpected magical surprises....

However, my "I never thought it could happen to ME" at WDW is pushing one of my kids around the parks for more than half of the trip in a wheelchair. :lookaroun

Photo0054FourBySix.jpg

I will say that Disney really does go above & beyond to be kind, helpful, and facilitate a family still having the time of their lives in spite of the unexpected, not-so-magical hiccups. :wave:

I hear you on this one, my fiance fell the day before vacay IN dec 10 and couldnt walk thank GOD this was a short 5 day trip bc at 360 pounds thats 130 pounds more than me! I died pushing him around it was PAINFUL so the last 2 days i made him get a motorized one because my back was killing me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom