You know you're in WDW when...?

rkelly42

When I take the left turn onto hote plaza blvd and drive by DTD that is it. All the stresses of life just leave me.

eroyee

If we drive, the Florida welcome center. the beautiful balmy air. If we fly, the air at the airport and at WDW when we go under the welcome sign....

C&D

When I take the left turn onto hote plaza blvd and drive by DTD that is it. All the stresses of life just leave me.
Almost the same place for us; Exit 68 and a meal at Perkins seals the deal. (then that left onto Hotel Plaza Blvd)

lpet11984

*Flying into MCO and seeing the palm trees
*Riding the tram from the gate to the main building
*Checking in to the resort-- Welcome home! :-D

Ilovewishes

We usually get there just in time to check in, dump our bags and head to MK for a bit to eat. But usually I really really feel it when we sit down that evening and watch Spectro and Wishes. It really makes me heave a big sigh of contentment.

There is just nothing else I would rather do.

prberk

The first time is when I turn in and see the Welcome sign. (I turn in at the Downtown Disney/Hotel Boulevard entrance, from Lake Buena Vista, so that I can wind through the property as I get to my actual hotel.)

But smells make a difference, too. I really know I am at WDW when I smell that bus diesel, or the kind of very light rubber smell you sometimes get at the monorail.

And one more: the taste of the water. I know other people hate it, but to me, it's just unique, and it reminds I am back in Florida again!

Paul

kstella

First clue-the pineapple control tower at Orlando International.

Second-getting on the ME.

Last-getting a hug from my parents who I haven't seen since they left the midwest in October.

petersenjp

Knowing

I know when I am at disney when I step off the plane, see the palm trees, and see everyone in shorts and me in jeans and a long sleeve shirt!!! (Normally come during the dead of winter from Iowa) :ROFLOL:

disney magic 06

All of the above!! But it REALLY sinks in when, after a quick shower and fresh clothes, we go down to the food court to buy our re-fillable mugs - then its off to Downtown Disney and Earl of Sandwich :D

Driving under the Welcome sign at the gates of the property and seeing the road signs change from green to purple. Also, the sweet smell of the lobby at the Wilderness Lodge at check in.

LukeDuke

...as the doors open to POP and the smell reaches my nose and I can't stop smiling, then I walk into the food court and by me a 20 dollar cup and get a nice refreshing fountain coke in my 20 dollar cup.

does it get any better than that??

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
...as the doors open to POP and the smell reaches my nose and I can't stop smiling, then I walk into the food court and by me a 20 dollar cup and get a nice refreshing fountain coke in my 20 dollar cup.

does it get any better than that??
Only if the 'cup' were $2 instead of $20? :shrug: :D

wvdisneyfamily

Driving under the Welcome sign at the gates of the property and seeing the road signs change from green to purple. Also, the sweet smell of the lobby at the Wilderness Lodge at check in.

I love that smell. I can't say it's my "you know you're in WDW" yet because last year was my first trip there. I think this year when I see the WL I'll burst into tears because I'll know I'm home.

I think the WL will add something else to my "this is really WDW" list of sentiments. We watched the water parade this year for the first time. Hubby and I found some chairs amongst the small crowd on the beach and laid back as we enjoyed a small piece of heaven on earth.

Another one for me is the first morning at the MK with "Good Morning" show. When I hear that first note and tears stream down my face, I really feel WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom