You Know You're A Disney/DisneyWorld Dork When...

C.FERNIE

When you get on a monorail at the airport in New Jersey and, despite not knowing how to speak Spanish, you say to yourself, "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."

I do that in the UK on trains always gets a laugh from someone! lol:wave:

dramamama

oh - I forgot - when your shoes are either Micky flip flops or Mickey crocs and the only coat you where has the castle on it!

AND....your cell phone's ring is the MSEP song, the text alert is the monorail spiel, the e-mail alert is the Polynesian portion of Small World...

For the record MY coat is pretty and red and very warm. Oh, and then there are those hunter green slip on tennis shoes with the gold sequin Mickey heads....

To add to those who said they tend to share the number of days left with any and everyone who will stand still long enough - that was me today... 8 more days, 8 more days, 8 more days!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Shunasee

When you constantly go around telling people how many days until your next visit to WDW . . . . . . . . . whether they want to know or not!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . its 204 . . . . . .:(

I do this.. :ROFLOL: its 17 days here.

I couldnt eat a piece of fudge, as there was a hidden mickey walnut in it. Took a picture of it, was showing it to all my friends and they just kinda shook their head at me.

dsnyfreak

When you get on a monorail at the airport in New Jersey and, despite not knowing how to speak Spanish, you say to yourself, "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."
never been to jersey nor do i ever plan on it but i would do this as well:D

KJ1081

I've never done Disney on Ice, but whenever I feel too removed from the World I go to the Disney Store and walk around. It's nice just to hear the music!
The closest Disney store to me is in Canada- but believe me, I've tried on several occasions to get the fiance to take the trip with me!

:lol: Same! Except I'm not 29.
So glad I'm not the only one! hahaha

quirkle

:eek: Brilliant!!

Thanks - people thought I was kidding - but when they dimmed the lights and all the bridal party had lights in their bouquets (sp?) I guess they knew I was done - and that was in 1996!!! :p

I forgot one - I honestly think it is child abuse when I hear adults have not been!! I brought my husband for the first time when he was 23 in 1992 and now he is also an addict - my sister is bringing her fiance who is 32 this summer - I just can't believe it!!

plaz10

• You frequently refer to your boyfriend as "Simba One"
  • You can't watch anything w/Jeremy Irons, Judi Dench, Patrick Warbuton, Ellen or Gary Sinese w/o quoting some part of their Disney ride narration OR asking whoever is with you "Do you know what else he is in? HE IS THE NARRATION ON ONE OF THE OLDER VERSIONS OF SPACESHIP EARTH AND HE IS THE VOICE OF SCAR!"
  • You write a paper for your Psychology class on Archetypes using Disney Villains as your examples (and got an 'A' on it)
  • You cannot speak of the ABC's, papyrus, libraries, or Rome without quoting SSE
  • You are quick to point out the flaws of WWoHP and how Disney would have done a much better job...even when no one mentioned WWoHP.:lookaroun
  • You drive over an hour to the nearest Disney store because it is the closest one and you have to see if they got anything new!
  • You are typing a list on a Disney forum about how much you love Disney

kbmum

You get married and the groom wears a Mickey vest with his tuxedo, the bride has a Mickey on the garter, and the wedding cake has a Mickey and Minnie cake topper.

loveofamouse

I wrote a paper in my college english class on the look on my kids' faces as we drive through the gates and the building excitement I feel right along with them. I got an A :)

This year, my english class is more poetry style, esp Shakespeare....and I'm already thinking of ways to incorporate Disney lol

I also have Spectromagic as my ringtone, mickey's jingle jungle for my email alerts on my phone and the monorail spiel as my txt alert. hee hee.

GenerationX

... You scan people's walls and desks at work for pictures, pins, or any other WDW-related memorabilia. You know that if you see something really telling - like an unused FastPass or a KTTW card - that you have hit Disney discussion gold and can skip the introductories and go straight to Disney jargon.

wvdisneyfamily

Guilty on all of these.

When I cry while watching the free Vacation Planning DVD:cry:

When you constantly go around telling people how many days until your next visit to WDW . . . . . . . . . whether they want to know or not!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . its 204 . . . . . .:(

You feel the urge to teach people the history of Disney World when they bring it up.

Or

When people call it Fast Track and you always correct them saying you mean Fast Pass.

MagicMegan

- When your coworkers constantly ask "How many times DO you go a year?"

- When you are a server and all of your pens are Disney related, and you give them out in hopes that someone will talk Disney with you.

- When a regular customer brings back Disney Cruise Line post cards because you told her you haven't done the cruise in over 15 years and probably won't for a while.

- When having $100 in flight vouchers is a reason to go to Disney and spend WAYYY more than that.

MagicMegan

- When youget to be in charge of the dining ADRs, and change them at least 5 times before you go because you just can't decide!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom