You know Your Trip is Fast Approaching When..

Computer Magic

1) Your 45 day final payment is due.
2) Your fellow employees get tired of you are saying, "That will have to wait until I return".
3) You can finally check the weather website and see the 10th day forcast as your first day onsite.
4) You bring out the suitcases, verify kennel dates, gather the necessary paperwork for the kennel stay and the dogs look at you with that :( face.
5) You post on WDWMAGIC about your trip fast approaching.

DivineMadness7

When your trip is not even until October 19th and your suitcase is already out on your floor with new clothes you just bought and can't wear until you get to Disney....who, me?:lookaroun
oh, yeah, and also when you start buying magazines everytime you go to the store and pack them in your carry-on so that you have new reading material for the plane

Oh man, we're going October 18th and I have done the same thing! You're from Central PA huh? I'm in DuBois! Flying out of Pittsburgh on the 18th! If you see a family wearing a bunch of PSU garb, it might be us! :lol: We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside and doing MNSSHP on the 21st.

I'll be saving my new mental floss magazine if it comes before I leave, it's the best plane magazine. Very interesting and educational articles! I also have Tim Russert's "Big Russ and Me" on audiobook for my ipod. A few of my regular podcasts (This American Life, Jay and Jack's Lost podcast) downloaded and saved for listening pleasure. I have a David Sedaris book to take too. It's only a 2 hour flight, but you need plenty of in-airport-waiting entertainment too!

I think I've looked at the menus about 50 times. I basically choose the same thing every time. How silly to pick out what food to eat over a month in advance. But I'm sort of a picky eater and my eating habits have changed since I had my gallbladder removed in May, so there are quite a few things to consider! I'm also so excited to be doing the dining plan for the first time and feel like I need to get my moneys worth! I'm taking photos of everything I order and I will try to save the reciepts!

I gathered items for my Disney box today, things I won't be using from now until the trip, travel sized toiletries...I even decided which travel sized bottles I will be using for specific larger bottled things like my shampoo...I made a list of clothes I want to pack, narrowing down the number of t-shirts to make sure I didn't have too many darker ones (it won't be super hot in October but it's never fun to wear a black shirt every day, too hot in the sun!)

We had a planning meeting tonight with the other family traveling with us. Six first timers. I had to laugh at some of their questions "Are there shops?" really made me chuckle :lol: I don't think they have any idea what they're in for!

I have to agree that scheduling dog arrangements is heart breaking. Our usual house/Bailey sitter just went off to college, so we're trying to find a replacement. It's just so tough to leave the little guy behind, but I tend to forget by the time I'm eating my first Dole Whip :lol:

I just looked up the PSU schedule and we're going to be there for both the Michigan and Ohio State games....I don't know how I'm going to break the news to my dad...:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

...when the suitcase is packed and ready two weeks in advance, you've read the Birnbaum's Disney World book cover to cover (again) and I've left a large yellow sticky on my computer at work that reads, See Ya Real Soon.....

Next Trip - January 2009

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

That is why the "Disney outfits" should be reserved for Disney :lookaroun :p

Yes we have those too!!! Clothes that we put away for "The Disney Trip", or see something and say "oh that'd be good for disney".

Definatly "doing the research thing" as hook has mentioned.....Listening more and more to Disney theme tunes....and watching videos of past trips!

Annoying co-workers about your upcoming trip, well what else is there to talk about and who honestly cares if they really don't "get it" that you love Disney SOOOOO much!!

Say," This time next week I'll be at Disney or I'll be watching the parade or eating a mickey pop" , Yes i could go on and on about that one!

Making the Walmart run for the "vacation trial and travel stuff"!

Getting to excited to sleep...

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Oh man, we're going October 18th and I have done the same thing! You're from Central PA huh? I'm in DuBois! Flying out of Pittsburgh on the 18th! If you see a family wearing a bunch of PSU garb, it might be us! :lol: We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside and doing MNSSHP on the 21st.

:lookaroun

Yeah, I'm from Philipsburg! I'm leaving on the 19th from Pittsburgh, and I also am going to MNSSHP on the 21st. It truly is a small world, huh? Maybe we'll run into each other.

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

Yeah, I'm from Philipsburg! I'm leaving on the 19th from Pittsburgh, and I also am going to MNSSHP on the 21st. It truly is a small world, huh? Maybe we'll run into each other.

Oh right! I think we had this conversation in another thread one time :lol: Oh that's so cool that you'll be at MNSSHP the same night! We'll be a group of ten and I'll be dressed as Alice! :) Well, hopefully I will be, I need to finish sewing the costume :eek:

Upvote 0

MacRtst

Oh right! I think we had this conversation in another thread one time :lol: Oh that's so cool that you'll be at MNSSHP the same night! We'll be a group of ten and I'll be dressed as Alice! :) Well, hopefully I will be, I need to finish sewing the costume :eek:

Hello, PA Folks!!!

I am in Lancaster. The wife and I are leaving in 12 days! Uhhh, these last two weeks are going SOOO Slow. We actually got a pretty good flight out of Harrisburg.

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

The only part about these last two weeks that is going slow for me is the nights! I keep having Disney nightmares about having to go without my hubby because work insists on him working instead of allowing him to take his first vacation in three years- at a company with a use it or loose it policy I might add. And nightmares about forgetting about my ADRs! AHHH!:eek:

So anyway- I have had the bags packed for a month but I have to repack because I have lost too much weight for any of those clothes to fit me! Yikes! That said with all of the weight loss you know you are close to your trip when you can actually feel pretty sure that what you pack now will still fit!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

:lol: I thought I was the only one who had "WDW outfits." I actually plan out everything I'm going to wear (plus one back up outfit) so I won't look back at the pictures and be "what the H was I thinking wearing that?!" Crazy, I know but it's a thing with me...

I actually am able to take a couple of days off prior to our departure which will give me ample time to re-pack the suitcase at least twice and double check all of our reservations, airline stuff, and the like. Oh, and one thing I LOVE doing is heading out the week before and buying all the travel accessories plus any last minute clothes (i.e. that cute shirt I saw at American Eagle that just screams take me to Disney!)

*sigh* I'm such a travel nerd...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

Hello, PA Folks!!!

I am in Lancaster. The wife and I are leaving in 12 days! Uhhh, these last two weeks are going SOOO Slow. We actually got a pretty good flight out of Harrisburg.

Hey there! :wave: That's nice you could get a flight out of Harrisburg, probably easier for you than flying out of Philly (I'm guessing at least? I don't know that side of the state as well :lol:) I've only been to the Philly airport once, for an international flight, but I wasn't super impressed. Harrisburg would be much easier to get around, I would imagine. We fly out of Pittsburgh and sometimes out of Cleveland, if we can get a better deal. This time we'll be flying Southwest.

I made labels for all of my toiletry bottles tonight...don't wanna get the shampoo confused with the face wash...or I just really like using my label maker...:lol:

What I REALLY need to do is start walking on my treadmill again. I have a bad feeling my feet will have a rude awakening next month :eek:

Upvote 0

bayoumoon

Gulp I broke out the suitcase at the 85 days mark (to go).
Mind you i only have papers/Xmas party tixs in there lol

I just broke out ours!!! And tried on all my "Disney wear" its time to do double the exercise and hit the diet. Need to be comfortable in my Disney jeans so I can scarf at Epcot:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

lac628

I had to chuckle a bit while reading this thread.:lol: You all are so excited about your trip here (I am 2 hrs away from the magic) and I just booked a flight out of here, yesterday. I am sooooo excited to go to NJ for Halloween!!!:sohappy: (Visiting my sister and her fam, and my grandma)
I do get excited when we have plans to go to the World, but I just thought it was funny that I am just as excited to be leaving here!

Upvote 0

stmize

made the family start walking yesterday to get ready to visit the world in Nov.:sohappy::sohappy:Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!only 72 days to go

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
made the family start walking yesterday to get ready to visit the world in Nov.:sohappy::sohappy:Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!only 72 days to go
How many walk and lose wait so they can walk 20 miles and eat 10lbs of food per day . Then once back do not go near the treadmill until 3 months from their next trip :lookaroun

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

10 days to go :sohappy::sohappy:

6. getting ready to stop the mail being delivered to the house
7. getting ready to stop the newspapers being delivered to the house

suitcase has been out since my last trip in July, figured why bother putting it away.

Upvote 0

RebeccaMA

1. When you go grocery shopping, you buy stuff that won't result in "leftovers", and you limit your perishables so nothing is rotting in your fridge while you are gone.

2. You spend more time on Disney boards than working, or at least that's what your coworkers think.

4. You are more concerned with the weather in Orlando than where you live because who cares if it's raining today? It's Friday that I'm worried about.

5. No dogs to worry about, but I've got ID for the kid, and I've got to figure out how much vacation pay to give the daycare provider for while we are gone.

6. Last load of laundry gets done tonight. Figured out clothes that I can wear Wednesday and Thursday that won't go to Disney with me. The packing of clothes begins when the laundry gets done.

7. You spend your lunch break printing coupons and driving directions for all the places you want to go, or MIGHT go.

8. You take out a wad of cash for those airport expenses and parking fees etc, that you will need to deal with on travel day.

9. You check the airport website to see what gate you will PROBABLY be using, and see how close the nearest Dunkin Donuts is, after security.

10. You set your email to vacation mode, or set a reminder up so you don't forget to do it right before you leave.

...3 more days. Eating lunch off-property with my mom on Friday!

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

2. You spend more time on Disney boards than working, or at least that's what your coworkers think. GUILTY

4. You are more concerned with the weather in Orlando than where you live because who cares if it's raining today? It's Friday that I'm worried about. LOL - this is definitely me and I'm still 14 days away!

9. You check the airport website to see what gate you will PROBABLY be using, and see how close the nearest Dunkin Donuts is, after security. We are scary folks - I've been trying to figure out what to eat at the airport this week and how much to budget for it.

10. You set your email to vacation mode, or set a reminder up so you don't forget to do it right before you leave. Set that reminder up three months ago and already wrote the verbage! Am I crazy or what?

Upvote 0

cptwife80

I know my trip is coming soon when my friends and supervisor at work start to tack on the extra 5 days when I leave to rub in that I'll be turning another year older. They like to rub it in that I always get older when I go to Disney since I go for my birthday. And if they don't tack on the extra 5 days they always say "Oh my god enough already". Not so many Disney fans at my work. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

wdwCC

When counting months changes into counting weeks, then days, minutes, seconds...

Hearing the airline delayed the departure time by 11 minutes and saying "they had better make it up in the air!" :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom