You know your on a WDW road trip when...

sbkline

This thread is to discuss the classic sites that make a road trip to "the World" memorable.

For me, coming down from Central Illinois, one of the things that is a classic part of a trip to WDW is the site of a Waffle House at nearly every exit past Kentucky. We only have one or two in Illinois, so it isn't something that I see very often. But once you hit that first Waffle House at exit 86 on I-24 through Kentucky, you know you're on your way. :lol:

Another site, although we would never ever stop in and visit this den of iniquity, is Cafe Risque in Georgia. You see signs for that place about 50 miles out, and once you get past that first billboard, you see them frequently until you pass the exit.

Then, there are the beautiful sites of the mountains as you head towards Chattanooga.

So what about everyone else. What sites do you associate with a road trip to WDW?

pintraderpayee

Crossing over the Florida State Line and the 1st rest stop has fresh orange juice. And sounds dumb but the Florida clouds lol, 2 times we drove there they have distinct clouds or is the sky bluer then up north? lol

Since we do the driving in the middle of the nite we miss a bunch.
Apparently the sky is bluer in Florida! According to the Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot, Imgineer John Hench chose 4 different shades of white for the American Adventure building so it would look like the same color! The sky is bluer than what he was used to at WDI in California. The color of blue varies from place to place dependent on geographical latitude, proximity to bodies of water which affect humidity, and environmental factors such as particulates in the air. The striking blue of a Florida sky reacts strongly with any white placed in the foreground, so the tones were altered at the top of the building accordingly.

Just another thing to look for on a road trip to WDW........BLUER SKIES!!

40 days until we are Orlando bound with 21 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy: :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom