You know you are in disney when...

jorgetheviking

Driving under the arch, the purple signs, and MGM appear. I see it and get so excited another one is when I see the monorail track next to the road on the way to the Transportation and Ticket Center.

benzgraveyard

First of all there is no "ocean breeze" in Orlando, its over 100 miles inland lol...Second of all if you lived in florida you would realize that the smell is not all that appealing...lol

Anyway our tradition is going to Epcot first to ride Spaceship earth. Thats when vacation starts :)

Mikester71

First of all there is no "ocean breeze" in Orlando, its over 100 miles inland lol...Second of all if you lived in florida you would realize that the smell is not all that appealing...lol

Anyway our tradition is going to Epcot first to ride Spaceship earth. Thats when vacation starts :)

I just meant you get your air flow directly off of either the ocean or the gulf coast. The whole state is surrounded by water and you CAN feel and smell it in the air if you aren't use to it. Trust me, if you came from where I live, you would definitely appreciate the air quality down there and smell a huge difference for the better. Although I live on one of the Great Lakes up here, our air quality is the WORST in my whole province by a long shot due to the Chemical Valley. Our whole city is surrounded by chemical plants and industries and you learn to appreciate FRESH air when you smell it - lol! Sorry for the mini geography lesson there, just saying! :wave:

Actually: Driving in and seeing the first Disney Bus.

Technically: Excitement progressively builds as I turn south on I-75 ; get on turnpike then 27 and pass the citrus tower then finally get to 192. See the exit sign and 10 minutes later *BAM* I see that first purple road sign. Then I know I am in the world.

mdjbenkert

Mine would have to be when we board the DME to our resort. Stepping off the bus and heading into the Resort, hearing "Welcome home" as we check-in, such a wonderful feeling. Then taking the boat to Mk and walking into Main Street, hearing all the sounds and seeing the castle...Yep we are home!

WDWmom64055

This does it for us, too!

Driving under the "Walt Disney World" sign :)

Last time we went my son and I kept mutter our mantra: "This is gonna be great!" When he saw the sign...and the big grinning Mickey...his eyes lit up and he repeated our mantra with true conviction.

That's when we KNEW we were at Disney World!

alilance

When on the bus and I first either pull up to the Magic Kingdom and see the castle or pull up to Epcot and see the Spaceship earth. I have tears right now thinking about it!!:cry:

aeillill

When you first walk into the Magic Kingdom under the tunnel and *bam* Main Street hits you (or the strollers hit). The smells, the sounds, the sights - that is Disney World to me.

I went on a band trip one year and we didn't go to the Magic Kingdom until the end of the trip and I think my trip was almost ruined, I was a grouch the whole time & my mother called me Clark Griswold the whole trip. It was awful :fork: oh, and I didn't get to ride the Monorail the entire trip as well, it was cruel, they mistreated us children on that trip.

Disney_Belle

The sign does it for me to! I let out this big sigh of relaxation when we go under it lol. And then of course, checking into the hotel and hearing people laughing and kids screaming, the smell of "disney water" mixed with Mickey Rice Crispy bars and air conditioning.... can't wait to get there!

cococola44

Original Poster
i say

when you see a bus with disney characters inside with the sign of a theme park on the front of the bus...

hehehe

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom