"You Just Don't Like Change"

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Someone else mentioned this a while back. It's a good point, but my response... double the price of everything. I'll pay twice as much to have 30 min standby queue waits again, or possibly less. 50% hotel occupancy doesn't hurt if you're collecting twice as much for each room. Same thing for drinks, food, etc. I mean, why not charge $100 for a bottle of water or whatever? :oops::rolleyes: They already charge like $50, right? At the current prices of everything in the parks, doubling it doesn't really matter, honestly.
I do love the sarcasm trust me as i am sarcastic at times myself but we both know thats truly not possible….

Pepper's Ghost

I do love the sarcasm trust me as i am sarcastic at times myself but we both know thats truly not possible….
There's a lick of sarcasm in my response 😁, but honestly, people are willing to go to the parks regardless of anything... bad maintenance, horrible crowd managing apps, replacing fan-favorite rides/shows, and yes, huge price increases. They can't slow the train regardless of what they do. I'll bet if they doubled the daily rate of hotels and tickets, 60% of visitors would still go. I have no data on that. It's just my edumacated guess.

Prince-1

I've never understood the huge success of crocs. What's the draw? The ability to walk through a car wash without ruining your shoes?

They are the ugliest things. Those and cargo shorts should be banned for crimes against humanity…or fashion.

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
There's a lick of sarcasm in my response 😁, but honestly, people are willing to go to the parks regardless of anything... bad maintenance, horrible crowd managing apps, replacing fan-favorite rides/shows, and yes, huge price increases. They can't slow the train regardless of what they do. I'll bet if they doubled the daily rate of hotels and tickets, 60% of visitors would still go. I have no data on that. It's just my edumacated guess.
Somepeople will go no matter what i agree and im gonnamake yet another hot take as i just got back from being away at 2 spots Poconos and Wildwood. 775 and 825 per day avg for me and my daughter & im far from high and mighty. I stay value at best moderate at Disney out of principle. My Disney portion only of the trip does NOT cost that much per day and i do character breakfast and dinner every day and we go to at least one of the party nights. So as expensive as Disney is how expensive is it… granted. It is not much less but definitely less and comparable. Sometimes i truly wonder if people ever visit other places. I am NOT defending Disney bc what they have done to me is a disgrace but as you said. People gonna pay.

graphite1326

I don't like change? When I first started going my two favorite rides were The Great Movie Ride and Alien Encounter. I was open minded and got on their replacements. The both suck. I don't know what do you think? Am I a person who doesn't like change?

In all fairnes I do like Buzz over Take Flight and wasn't upset with the change in Test Track.

Goofyernmost

I've never understood the huge success of crocs. What's the draw? The ability to walk through a car wash without ruining your shoes?
For a time Crocs were a must have in free spirited fashion. I always thought they were ugly but they were functional until I spent the day out in the sun with my Mickey Crocs (no socks, that would have been nerdy) and had a permanent burn/tan in the shape of Mickeys heads on my feet for weeks. Forced the need for lights out at certain times, if you catch my drift.
They are the ugliest things. Those and cargo shorts should be banned for crimes against humanity…or fashion.
Cargo shorts are ok and quite functional. I buy them because they have built in separate cell phone pockets plus they give me a place to put my inhaler needed due to my years of inhaling first hand smoke. I don't like f anny packs and I hate, hate, hate carrying things in my hands so I consider them a utility necessity. Besides that I'm 74 years old and have reached the age of not giving a frogs fart about what anyone thinks about how I look. The only blessing of aging.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Somepeople will go no matter what i agree and im gonnamake yet another hot take as i just got back from being away at 2 spots Poconos and Wildwood. 775 and 825 per day avg for me and my daughter & im far from high and mighty. I stay value at best moderate at Disney out of principle. My Disney portion only of the trip does NOT cost that much per day and i do character breakfast and dinner every day and we go to at least one of the party nights. So as expensive as Disney is how expensive is it… granted. It is not much less but definitely less and comparable. Sometimes i truly wonder if people ever visit other places. I am NOT defending Disney bc what they have done to me is a disgrace but as you said. People gonna pay.
There are literally hundreds of comfortable offsite hotels for less then $100.00 per night. That leaves a whole lot of money for character breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I would stay home long before I spend that much for a bed to sleep in for one night. Just me I guess.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
There are literally hundreds of comfortable offsite hotels for less then $100.00 per night. That leaves a whole lot of money for character breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I would stay home long before I spend that much for a bed to sleep in for one night. Just me I guess.
Im staying value and paying i think 140 per night for my trip.... 1425 to be exact for 11 days/10 nights

John park hopper

I'm with you Goofyer I'm at that age where I don't care -I have jenes that I wear around the house to work in that have more patches then original material. Wife says I look like a homeless person, my response --if I was homeless I would not have so much to do around here and why would I wear good jenes to work in makes no sense

Goofyernmost

Im staying value and paying i think 140 per night for my trip.... 1425 to be exact for 11 days/10 nights
That's not all though, if staying onsite the chances are you are locked into the high cost of feeding yourself or finding a way to go offsite for meals. Even at $100.00 the difference is $440.00. That's a lot of churros. I understand that everyone's situation, needs and desires are different, but there are multiple ways to make money available and still have basically the same experience. My desires never included spending more money then necessary to have a place to close my eyes for a few hours. That may just be my thing.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
That's not all though, if staying onsite the chances are you are locked into the high cost of feeding yourself or finding a way to go offsite for meals. Even at $100.00 the difference is $440.00. That's a lot of churros. I understand that everyone's situation, needs and desires are different, but there are multiple ways to make money available and still have basically the same experience. My desires never included spending more money then necessary to have a place to close my eyes for a few hours. That may just be my thing.
I agree with you hence why i stay value or at best moderate bc paying for anything else to me is just not worth it... maybe you misunderstood my original point or i wasnt clear in what i was saying.... i also do rent a car and was able to get one for less than $500 for the entire trip... we do like staying onsite tho to eat and my daughter does love character meals as it kills 2 birds w 1 stone regarding M&G and eating granted unfortunately character meals are still limited this trip and more open up after we arrive....

JusticeDisney

Sorry, but there’s no way someone is getting “basically the same experience” staying offsite as they are staying onsite. Now, given the huge discrepancy in cost between the two, I totally understand why someone might decide to stay offsite. But that person shouldn’t try to delude themself into thinking they are getting the same experience, because they are not.

Goofyernmost

Sorry, but there’s no way someone is getting “basically the same experience” staying offsite as they are staying onsite. Now, given the huge discrepancy in cost between the two, I totally understand why someone might decide to stay offsite. But that person shouldn’t try to delude themself into thinking they are getting the same experience, because they are not.
I did both and there was no difference other than an overused credit card. The magic was in the parks not in a hotel. But, to each his own. It's sometimes a chore trying to adequately determine which party is deluding themselves.

JusticeDisney

I did both and there was no difference other than an overused credit card. The magic was in the parks not in a hotel. But, to each his own. It's sometimes a chore trying to adequately determine which party is deluding themselves.
Simply getting to and from the parks (ie, walking or taking a free boat or monorail etc vs driving yourself, trying to park, and then maybe taking a tram) highlights the fact that you are not getting the same experience. Also, if you feel that the fun is ONLY in the parks, you might not have been doing WDW the right way all these years. There is much more to WDW than just the hotel and the parks. But, like you said, to each his or her own.

eliza61nyc

I don't like change? When I first started going my two favorite rides were The Great Movie Ride and Alien Encounter. I was open minded and got on their replacements. The both suck. I don't know what do you think? Am I a person who doesn't like change?

In all fairnes I do like Buzz over Take Flight and wasn't upset with the change in Test Track.
That's the problem with change, someone ends up unhappy. I was slap happy when they got rid of TGMR and Alien TGMR pure torture especially with that non acting, insipid cms interaction😫 .
Lol I really think knee replacement surgery caused me less pain. 😃

OneofThree

Also, if you feel that the fun is ONLY in the parks, you might not have been doing WDW the right way all these years.
Years ago in fact, I would have agreed with you. At this point, the resort experience has been diminished to the point where the Waldorf Orlando, Four Seasons, or even Hyatt Grand Cypress totally eclipse WDW. As Disney continues to move toward less and less theming in their rooms, I think I'm left looking at AKL as a true "experience" In that, I am reminded that even from there, you're bussing it, just as with the actual deluxe resorts listed above.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom