"You Just Don't Like Change"

JusticeDisney

My family wouldn't stay on property regardless of cost. For us Disney isn't the vacation but a part of our vacation. It's just the way we vacation. We like to explore the area we are visiting.
That’s totally fine, of course. But this thread, at least initially, was debating staying onsite or offsite for a WDW vacation. You’re not talking about a WDW vacation. I think it would go without saying that if someone is taking a non-WDW vacation (and instead just stopping by WDW a couple times), there would be no reason to stay onsite.

Jrb1979

you, too??????

what is going on out there! somebody spiked the lemonade.

So if castle view Grand Floridian 2 bedroom suite(say a 6K per night rack rate) were free you'd stay elsewhere?

can we stop this now or does it have to continue on into absurdity
For free I would of course do it. For us the bubble doesn't do anything for us. Our Orlando vacation isn't just about Disney.

Lilofan

In fairness, he was not responding to anything you said about extra cost. He was responding to your claim that you would not stay at the Grand Floridian even if it were the same cost as a Motel 6.
Never stayed at the Grand Floridian but I along with many guests I’m sure took the monorail to visit a free guest attraction - walking and checking out GF. That would never fly at the opulent Four Seasons by Golden Oak with non FS guests just visiting FS as another sightseeing tour.

JusticeDisney

Never stayed at the Grand Floridian but I along with many guests I’m sure took the monorail to visit a free guest attraction - walking and checking out GF. That would never fly at the opulent Four Seasons by Golden Oak with non FS guests just visiting FS as another sightseeing tour.
Ok.

Californian Elitist

you, too??????

what is going on out there! somebody spiked the lemonade.

So if castle view Grand Floridian 2 bedroom suite(say a 6K per night rack rate) were free you'd stay elsewhere?

can we stop this now or does it have to continue on into absurdity
Not everyone makes the same decisions you make. Surprise!

I’m also not intrigued by the WDW “bubble.” It’s a turnoff.

Goofyernmost

In fairness, he was not responding to anything you said about extra cost. He was responding to your claim that you would not stay at the Grand Floridian even if it were the same cost as a Motel 6.
It doesn't matter does it. I have no desire to stay there if it were free. I know the cost was neutral, but I decided long ago that I just do not enjoy staying onsite. I'm just expressing my feelings about it, It isn't a slam directed at those that enjoy that situation. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like I have no clue about what is being said. I understand completely about the differences in enjoyment and desires.

Every time I have tried to explain why I do not find it something I want to do, I get a response that requires that I explain something else. So with that I will end my participation in this discussion. However to bring it back to topic. I have no problem with change in the parks. Some of the changes I have liked, some I haven't but overall I like that things change. I don't like what they have done with sucking every nickel out of us, but it is no longer a problem because I am not planning on going there anymore.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Change is one thing. Obviously short sighted change is another. They've made some seriously boneheaded decisions in the last couple of years alone and realized after the fact.

1 - Demolishing Future World amidst an uncertain pandemic
2 - Continuing with a nighttime spectacular which would leave one of the most prized locations at the resort riddled with 5 barges that look like oil rigs
3 - Replaced a nighttime spectacular that had absolutely stellar scores after only 3 years of runtime
4 - Announcing the very, very expensive re-theme of one of the most beloved attractions amidst the same pandemic and economic warnings
5 - Drastically complicating the logistics of how people visit and experience their parks and changing the landscape of vacations for decades long guests

We don't hate these things because we hate change. We hate these things because they are stupid or ill timed.
AMEN!

Walt Disney1955

I mean, Walt did say that Disneyland will never be complete. So there is that. However, I think we have an 11 year window into what he liked. From 1955-'66 there are a lot of things that stayed the same. He didn't get rid of the originals during that time. To this day many of them are still in Disneyland. He added things in his time and he would have kept doing that. I think though that he had a more creative mind than anyone since, by far. And I doubt he takes down something as popular as Splash Mountain.

So change can be bad too. Sometimes Disney makes some lousy moves. More often than not with modern Disney they seem to be. Some things are meant to stay the same. You can't really change up Frontierland, or shouldn't at least. It is meant to be a bygone era. Fantasyland too. Sometimes that is the point of these things. When people think Carousel of Progress needs to be replaced I can truly tell they don't "get" what Disney parks are supposed to be all about.

JusticeDisney

Honestly trying to understand your position. If the overall guest experience at WDW resorts is not declining, then what is your objective list of reasons why the overall guest experience at WDW is improving? You strongly suggest it isn't declining and nothing stays the same, so how specifically is the overall guest experience improving over the past?
Wow, you really need to keep up. Try to be better. Just because something isn’t declining, doesn’t mean it is necessarily improving. Here’s what apparently will be a real shocker to you - things can actually remain relatively the same over time. When you have to resort to putting words in someone else’s mouth in order to make your point, you should really reassess your keyboard warrior status. LMAO!

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
jingoism?!?!

I question your placement of that word. It doesn't look like it belongs considering the conversation/context

I did bring up Mao's little book before. Within the context of this discussion, when set phrases are repeated dogmatically, it no longer is a discussion, instead, it becomes a trigger phrase and set response.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom