"You Just Don't Like Change"

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Okay, this needs to be said. I'm so tired of valid criticisms of the direction of the Disney parks being brushed aside by people saying "oh you just don't like change." It really has to stop.

1658256614762.png

ppete1975

Okay, this needs to be said. I'm so tired of valid criticisms of the direction of the Disney parks being brushed aside by people saying "oh you just don't like change." It really has to stop.

View attachment 654275
whats your solution?

As far as I can tell on this site people are free to comment on what they think and sadly most agree with them (sadly that the parks are in a condition that allows to be anything but positive).

Sorry I dont have a graphic.

jloucks

Shoot, I am pretty easy to please. I love or like almost everything at the park. Don't hate anything. ....except.... However the one big thing that stinks so bad that it eclipses everything is the grand cattle car vibe you get now at the parks. Too many people for me. Now that, I hate with a passion. As it turns out, most of everything I have ever complained about is directly related to this one thing.

Pepper's Ghost

Shoot, I am pretty easy to please. I love or like almost everything at the park. Don't hate anything. ....except.... However the one big thing that stinks so bad that it eclipses everything is the grand cattle car vibe you get now at the parks. Too many people for me. Now that, I hate with a passion. As it turns out, most of everything I have ever complained about is directly related to this one thing.
I have an idea for Bob... literally double park ticket prices across the board. That should cut crowds down considerably. Even if it only cuts crowds by 40%, Disney would be way ahead from a revenue standpoint, and the parks would be 40% less crowded. I'd pay double for that!

Btw, I know how insane that sounds. Asking for price increases is crazy, but the only two solutions to overcrowding of the parks is 1) MASSIVE price increases, or 2) provide an inferior product so bad that people abandon the parks in droves. They've tried #2 already and people are still rushing to the parks. Time to try #1.

jloucks

I have an idea for Bob... literally double park ticket prices across the board. That should cut crowds down considerably. Even if it only cuts crowds by 40%, Disney would be way ahead from a revenue standpoint, and the parks would be 40% less crowded. I'd pay double for that!

Btw, I know how insane that sounds. Asking for price increases is crazy, but the only two solutions to overcrowding of the parks is 1) MASSIVE price increases, or 2) provide an inferior product so bad that people abandon the parks in droves. They've tried #2 already and people are still rushing to the parks. Time to try #1.
I have said the same thing before. I am all for it.

And they don't have to do it every week. Just pick a week a quarter and charge $500+ a day for park tickets. I'd go!

That's sorta what we did at Uni last vacation. Did the VIP thing. It was $1200 a day for the two of us. Worth. Every. Penny. Cut all the lines. 5 star dining with your group ALONE in a restaurant wing. It was the bomb. Only complaint is that it was breakfast and lunch only, no dinner.

And Starcruiser... that wasn't cheap, but the crowds were nice.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Change in the parks goes hand in hand. Metaphorically and financially.

Anyways... Change is stupid. Especially when Disney does it in the past decade.

Goofyernmost

How about #3... Build or create for empty buildings more quality attractions for people to go to. There is absolutely no excuse for empty show buildings in any park.

celluloid

If the person gives explanation on why they don't like it, then its evident as can be. Why tell the person it is just some underlying reason?

People using the "you don't like change" are out of counter arguments or never had one to begin with. They are sad you don't enjoy what they enjoy.

JusticeDisney

View attachment 654275
Fair enough. And I am equally as tired of people constantly whining and crying about every single change that ever happens, as if WDW has to remain frozen in time as it was in the 70s and 80s. There’s a really simple solution here. If someone detests the direction in which WDW is headed, go ahead and vacation somewhere else. Last time I checked, in half a century, not a single person has ever been forced to visit WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom