"You Just Don't Like Change"

JusticeDisney

And there is the gist, what should really be said is IN THEIR OPINION.
I'm ecstatic that they got rid of maelstrom.

I don't mind the complaining, in fact I'm shocked when anyone here says something nice. I know people say they "love" Disney. I think the correct sentence should be they love the "old" Disney. Complaining endlessly about everything is not what I consider liking a place.
I do get a giggle at how personal people take it, as if every thing Disney does should some how cater to them.
In general it doesn't bother me, I still love the place so I'm good
This.

JusticeDisney

Change is one thing. Obviously short sighted change is another. They've made some seriously boneheaded decisions in the last couple of years alone and realized after the fact.

1 - Demolishing Future World amidst an uncertain pandemic
2 - Continuing with a nighttime spectacular which would leave one of the most prized locations at the resort riddled with 5 barges that look like oil rigs
3 - Replaced a nighttime spectacular that had absolutely stellar scores after only 3 years of runtime
4 - Announcing the very, very expensive re-theme of one of the most beloved attractions amidst the same pandemic and economic warnings
5 - Drastically complicating the logistics of how people visit and experience their parks and changing the landscape of vacations for decades long guests

We don't hate these things because we hate change. We hate these things because they are stupid or ill timed.
YOU say they are stupid or ill timed. And that’s your absolute right to feel that way. Just try to understand that not everyone feels the same way as you. Indeed, judging by the crowds, wait times and prices that are being paid, I would venture to say you are in the vast minority.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

YOU say they are stupid or I’ll timed. And that’s your absolute right to feel that way. Just try to understand that not everyone feels the same way as you. Indeed, judging by the crowds, wait times and prices that are being paid, I would venture to say you are in the vast minority.
What? These are all things that have been acknowledged internally as mistakes. That’s why I listed them.

The Colonel

There was a massive effort to save the Adventurers Club, Off Kilter, The Mad Tea Party, Osborne Lights, etc., etc. Disney completely ignores the wishes of the hardcore faithful fans every time.

I go often, so I like new things. I don't like it when the new things suck and they replace old things that were good. And that is most often the case.

Chi84

Premium Member
That is correct. You do have to accept what Disney is doing otherwise you would have stayed home or found some different thing to do. You do not have to like it though and you can be upset that it isn't what it once was, but spending that much to go there is an acceptance and indication to management and stock holders that you are fine with everything.
Each person has to make their own decision when it comes down to it. I know that I could never spend that much time, money and effort to go somewhere only to not like it and be upset that it isn't what it once was. My family makes the decisions that we feel are right for us in the circumstances without regard to what it says to management and stock holders. If Disney has chosen a path that's ultimately going to lead to its ruin, that's on Disney, not me.

Disney Glimpses

No, they have not.
1 - They are literally rebuilding the southwestern quadrant of Future World After tearing it down and then realizing too late that they don’t have the money to do it as planned.
2 - The barges in WS lagoon continue to be a common compliant among guests, so much so that it will shorten the shows life.
3 - More than 80% of guests who have seen HEA prefer it over DE. DE lost the GSAT race and now they are working to replace it.
4 - They are under significant public pressure to re-theme Splash Mountain and simply don’t have the funding, plans or cooperation from other parties for it yet. 2 years after announcing it they finally just recently sent the team down to New Orleans to do research. They were completely banking on OLC’s cooperation for the MK retheme and they declined.
5 - Nearly 20,000 guests show up at the gates without a valid park reservation. Genie+ has the lowest GSAT scores in recent history. Both are seeing drastic changes next year.

So yeah, they are all mistakes that are being remedied or decisions that were ill timed. If that’s not proof of acknowledgement, I don’t know what is.

JusticeDisney

1 - They are literally rebuilding the southwestern quadrant of Future World After tearing it down and then realizing too late that they don’t have the money to do it as planned.
2 - The barges in WS lagoon continue to be a common compliant among guests, so much so that it will shorten the shows life.
3 - More than 80% of guests who have seen HEA prefer it over DE
4 - They are under significant public pressure to re-theme Splash Mountain and simply don’t have the funding, plans or cooperation from other parties for it yet. 2 years after announcing it they finally just recently sent the team down to New Orleans to do research. They were completely banking on OLC’s cooperation for the MK retheme and they declined.
5 - Nearly 20,000 guests show up at the gates without a valid park reservation. Genie+ has the lowest GSAT scores in recent history. Both are seeing drastic changes next year.

So yeah, they are all mistakes that are being remedied. If that’s not acknowledgement, I don’t know what is.
Well, those are a lot of bold statements. I guess time will tell if you know what you are talking about, or instead are just speaking out of your you know what. I don’t pretend to have any inside information, but you do seem to be merely quoting some poll results that you saw somewhere, as opposed to actually confirming that there have been express admissions that mistakes were made. Like I said though, time will tell!

Disney Glimpses

Well, those are a lot of bold statements. I guess time will tell if you know what you are talking about, or instead are just speaking out of your you know what. I don’t pretend to have any inside information, but you do seem to be merely quoting some poll results that you saw somewhere, as opposed to actually confirming that there have been express admissions that mistakes were made. Like I said though, time will tell!
Some of this is public knowledge. Some has been confirmed by others and not just me. I’m not saying they don’t have a good excuse for these mistakes but they are mistakes nonetheless.

My point is not all change is hated simply because it’s change. A lot of it is, but more recently that is not the case.

Goofyernmost

Each person has to make their own decision when it comes down to it. I know that I could never spend that much time, money and effort to go somewhere only to not like it and be upset that it isn't what it once was. My family makes the decisions that we feel are right for us in the circumstances without regard to what it says to management and stock holders. If Disney has chosen a path that's ultimately going to lead to its ruin, that's on Disney, not me.
I wasn't blaming you, nor do I think the pitifully little amount of money, comparatively, that you will spend there will make the slightest of difference. I'm not even suggesting that everyone stop going. What I said was what you are saying that it is a personal decision. Just to try and say you are concerned about the way things are and then continue to support it is kidding yourself. I know that sounds direct but it really isn't judgmental of your motivation it is just economic 101. If you are unconcerned enough to continue going, that part is on you, but it isn't immoral or illegal. It's just were you choose to spend your money because you find that it is worth it. Myself and others no longer feel it is worth the expenditure or hassle anymore and we are expressing why.

I have been a Disney park fan since I was a young child, laying on the floor with a Fluffernutter sandwich, watching Annette and the rest of the Mouseketeers joyously running around Disneyland in the late 50's. After all these years I have come to the conclusion that I have probably made my last trip there and that disappoints, saddens and angers me.

I'm extremely glad that I got to experience the parks when it wasn't an obligation, but a fun adventure that took me out of the real world. Now Disney has managed to force the real world of commitment and required extensive planning for me to go and deposit a much larger amount of money in a Disney bank account.

patm95

Change in general isn't bad. It's when they jack up prices and take away amenities is what really es me off. On top of that, they try to nickel and dime everything too. As another poster said, I'd be willing to pay massive price hike if they kept all the amenities and it lowered crowd levels.

SteveAZee

But if you increase the prices thats 40% less people buying food, and popcorn buckets, and 12 dollar beers, and Tshirts... and then you have all that room inventory they need to fill at the resorts, which is hard to do if the parks are too pricey.
I think the latter is solved by continuing to increase DVC rooms as a percent of overall room inventory (as they seem to be doing).

A good point with the former, though. There is still, probably, a sweet spot of hiking prices even more (increase is all profit) and hope that those who paid the higher gate fees are OK with the higher merch pricing. It's probably not enough though.

SteveAZee

And there is the gist, what should really be said is IN THEIR OPINION.
I'm ecstatic that they got rid of maelstrom.

I don't mind the complaining, in fact I'm shocked when anyone here says something nice. I know people say they "love" Disney. I think the correct sentence should be they love the "old" Disney. Complaining endlessly about everything is not what I consider liking a place.
I do get a giggle at how personal people take it, as if every thing Disney does should some how cater to them.
In general it doesn't bother me, I still love the place so I'm good
I liked Maelstrom, but it was dated and got boring after numerous visits. I've only done FEA once, so it seemed OK but I'll wait for a few more passes before forming an opinion. What would have been interesting to me is to redo Maelstrom with a different (less dark) perspective of Norway.

Chi84

Premium Member
I wasn't blaming you, nor do I think the pitifully little amount of money, comparatively, that you will spend there will make the slightest of difference. I'm not even suggesting that everyone stop going. What I said was what you are saying that it is a personal decision. Just to try and say you are concerned about the way things are and then continue to support it is kidding yourself. I know that sounds direct but it really isn't judgmental of your motivation it is just economic 101. If you are unconcerned enough to continue going, that part is on you, but it isn't immoral or illegal. It's just were you choose to spend your money because you find that it is worth it. Myself and others no longer feel it is worth the expenditure or hassle anymore and we are expressing why.

I have been a Disney park fan since I was a young child, laying on the floor with a Fluffernutter sandwich, watching Annette and the rest of the Mouseketeers joyously running around Disneyland in the late 50's. After all these years I have come to the conclusion that I have probably made my last trip there and that disappoints, saddens and angers me.

I'm extremely glad that I got to experience the parks when it wasn't an obligation, but a fun adventure that took me out of the real world. Now Disney has managed to force the real world of commitment and required extensive planning for me to go and deposit a much larger amount of money in a Disney bank account.
Yes. If you buy a product from a business, you are supporting that business.

eliza61nyc

I liked Maelstrom, but it was dated and got boring after numerous visits. I've only done FEA once, so it seemed OK but I'll wait for a few more passes before forming an opinion. What would have been interesting to me is to redo Maelstrom with a different (less dark) perspective of Norway.
That would have been so cool

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
People are allowed to dislike change when it's warranted, such as a ride removal or overhaul, adding prices to things that were free etc. But it's the little things that get me, like someone's entire vacation is going to be ruined because their favorite food spot made changes to their menu. Establishments like that make changes all the time. There was just a thread made about the resort tvs having their park channel with a different layout and wishing it was the same. Its the silly things that make me go "you dont like change".

Change is inevitable, it's up to each person on how to handle that change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom