You go how often?

billybaruch1

Original Poster
I'm wondering if some people go to WDW just about every day. I would really like to do this after I hit the lottery or retire in Florida, whichever comes first. With a FL resident pass, wouldn't it be about $1 a day? Do you get tired of it after about the 1,000th visit? Has anyone moved to Florida thinking they'd go all the time and now goes maybe once a week or less? Any input would be appreciated. :)

SteveUK

When I'm stupidly rich, I'm going to live at Wilderness Lodge. You might get a bit bored eventually, but I get bored anywhere, and I can't think of a nicer place to sit and watch the world go by.

marypoppins68

I live less than an hour away and go about 2-3 times a month. I can only make it up on weekends. And no, it never gets tired to me because there's always something new to see and do. I usually rotate the parks. One visit to Epcot, the next visit to MGM, and so on. Sometimes it depends on my mood, how busy the parks are, or what I"d like to eat that day. There are some trips where I just go there to eat and shop. I can spend the whole time and not go on any rides and still have a good time. It's my stress buster. :)

I've lived here in Florida since 1973. I've been privileged to watch WDW grow and change over the years. No, it never gets old. :cool:

Hurricane

When I had AP's as a kid I would go every month or two, but sadly now i'm relegated to twice or three times a year...but I travel internationally every month, and no it never gets old, disney is very utopian, and the feeling never gets old

Mirage

I moved to Orlando a year ago for college and now live about 20min (tops) away from Disney World.

Disney World has always been a second home for me, so when I moved from IL to FL I couldn’t even believe how close I was going to be to Disney.

Moving to a new place is always hard, but moving away from all your friends and family when only 18 is even harder and Disney World was the familiar thing for me in FL.

I went every Fri. after my class finished and couldn’t believe while walking down Main Street or riding TOT, that only an hour earlier I had been in class. But the more I went the excitement of going started to wear off…Don’t get me wrong, I will NEVER get bored with going, but I don’t want to loose that pure joy that I used to get from going to Disney World.

So my suggestion to anyone wanting to move here and come every day is…PACE Yourself. Don’t go everyday or it will start to loose it’s excitement. Force yourself to only go once a week, and even then only go for a couple rides and then leave…this way you always have something to look forward to for the next trip.
:D

We went once a year until we bought APs and then we went 3-4 times a year. If the AP room only rates disappear, we will probably go back to once a year. BTW, live in TN and drive 1300 miles round trip. Whew, thats a lot of miles on the minivan.

Woody13

I look at it this way. What's your favorite food? Would you enjoy eating that same food every day? That's why we limit our WDW visits to 3 or 4 times a year. We also make it a point to stay in different WDW resorts each visit (value, moderate and deluxe). It all depends on the best deal we can get. Variety is the spice of life. :animwink:

Disneyfalcon

Since Shades of Green opened our goal is once every one 1/2 to 2 years. If we ever win publishers clearing house then we'll be there once a year at least!:)

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Trips per year

Well, my Wife and I had the goal of going once each year after we were married and spent our honeymoon there. I grew up in Fla, and so I got to spend a lot of time there as a youngster. And now, our goal is to work for Disney there in Fla. We have been fortunate enough to both work for The Disney Store here in Austin, and I'm hoping to get into one of the Golf Courses there, teaching. (so if anyone can help me out .......).

But I've been a lot (35 at last count) and she's only been twice. Our last trip was Jan. of this year. And we're truly hoping to make it our yearly vacation.

But I just thought of another question. I wonder if it's possible to live in any of the resorts year round. ( do they make those sort f arrangements maybe thru the DVC?)

just food for thought....

ISTCrew20

I make one trip every week. I usually had gone 3-5 times a week durung summer vacation, but now Im back in school, so I got Disney on weekends...I NEVER get tired of it. Yes, I get tired of the heat, and the stanky people, and tourists who are keeping the foot traffic going, and then stop, for no reason, right in the middle of the path, and they get mad when you run into them:fork: .....But besides that, I love it. The last 2 trips I have made had been with a friend (as opposed to going by myself most of the summer trips, or meeting up with someone for half the day) and we have gone to AK and Epcot. Im still not tired of MS yet, so, myself, and another friend of mine will probably be doing that. I am forever doing more than one park, and this saturday, it will probably be Epcot, and Animal Kingdom (only cause he had never been)...But, I wanna ride SPAM real bad for some reason....That happens alot...I have a craving for a certain ride...Yes, even El Rio...But to answer your question, it doesnt get old:D

Jacks Sally

I go at least once a year right after Thanksgiving
for awhile I was going twice a year once with
my family then again with my Mom & Dad
but I've lost count of how many times altogeter
it's been so many :D

*~Sally

mr snrub

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
I make one trip every week. I usually had gone 3-5 times a week durung summer vacation, but now Im back in school, so I got Disney on weekends...I NEVER get tired of it. Yes, I get tired of the heat, and the stanky people, and tourists who are keeping the foot traffic going, and then stop, for no reason, right in the middle of the path, and they get mad when you run into them:fork: .....But besides that, I love it. The last 2 trips I have made had been with a friend (as opposed to going by myself most of the summer trips, or meeting up with someone for half the day) and we have gone to AK and Epcot. Im still not tired of MS yet, so, myself, and another friend of mine will probably be doing that. I am forever doing more than one park, and this saturday, it will probably be Epcot, and Animal Kingdom (only cause he had never been)...But, I wanna ride SPAM real bad for some reason....That happens alot...I have a craving for a certain ride...Yes, even El Rio...But to answer your question, it doesnt get old:D

where does your school go on senior trip?

civileng68

Account Suspended
I would agree with this

Originally posted by Mirage
I moved to Orlando a year ago for college and now live about 20min (tops) away from Disney World.

Disney World has always been a second home for me, so when I moved from IL to FL I couldn’t even believe how close I was going to be to Disney.

Moving to a new place is always hard, but moving away from all your friends and family when only 18 is even harder and Disney World was the familiar thing for me in FL.

I went every Fri. after my class finished and couldn’t believe while walking down Main Street or riding TOT, that only an hour earlier I had been in class. But the more I went the excitement of going started to wear off…Don’t get me wrong, I will NEVER get bored with going, but I don’t want to loose that pure joy that I used to get from going to Disney World.

So my suggestion to anyone wanting to move here and come every day is…PACE Yourself. Don’t go everyday or it will start to loose it’s excitement. Force yourself to only go once a week, and even then only go for a couple rides and then leave…this way you always have something to look forward to for the next trip.
:D

My wife and I try to go once per month and I would agree with this. It doesn't lose the "fun" but it does lose some of the "luster".

Example: I never ever get bored, in fact, I still get so so so excited and giddy just before we leave! However, once we're there, we're no longer running to rides or attractions of any sort.

In fact, most times now we go on a Friday night and get there in time for Illuminations or FITS or Fantasmic (whichever is latest) and spend Saturday in a combination of MK and Epcot most likely ending the night with Illuminations at Epcot. Just to show you though, we generally only ride Splash Mountain once every two times we go and Space Mountain MAYBE once per trip.
What happens is this. You don't get tired of the attractions, you get tired of waiting in lines for the attractions. So, you eventually just want to go and relax after you have been so much. After several trips in one year the lines are no longer just part of the fun.

I love Disney, just got back! but as hard as it would be for you to beleive it, it can get "normal" and I never would have thought I would say that, but I still LOVE IT MORE THAN ANYTHING, on almost anything.

leeocean

I can usually be spotted at WDW twice a year but since I bought an AP I am going more often...like every three months. I don't get sick of it. Freaky and I go on a whim. We love it so much that just being there is enough. I don't think we could ever get sick of it. We always find something that is new to try.

wdwhoneymooner

We try to make it at least once a year while living up in Boston. Now that we're in Atlanta, we've gone three times (soon to be four :D ) in the past year. But with a new baby coming, we may skip a year :( and end up going with one of those dreaded double strollers :eek: :lookaroun :lol: .

roysta123

I just got back from WDW on a 5 week trip. I went to Disney parks everyday of my trip and I never got bored. I already have my next 3 trips booked.:sohappy:

Emma

We've been every year since our 1st trip in June 2000, and I don't think I'd ever get bored with WDW, no matter how many times we went :D
Our next trip is this October, but I'm afraid it's going to be our last trip for a few years, since I have my GCSE exams to prepare for :(

LaughingPlace

We went on our honeymoon in September 2001 (yeah, it was after September 11, and yeah, it wasn't exactly ideal). Two weeks of glory at Port Orleans. We went again in September of 2002, and I'm working out our next trip, probably for January or February of '04.

I never get sick of WDW. I sense that most of you feel the same as me...that WDW is like a home we don't get to visit as often as we would like:) I have received many a scathing comment (even from my husband) about my vacation preferences, but you know what? I've been to Europe and to the beach and I have had vacations elsewhere. I prefer WDW by a mile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom