Yeti Update

PalisadesPkteer

Even if it is the structure or platform the Yeti is on.

It still means it is broken.

Although if it is the platform and not the AA itself, then sounds like it could be fixed eventually. (Like the next century the way things are going)

I remember going on EE and seeing the Yeti in full A mode for my May 18 - 23 2006 vacation. It was spectacular.

MerlinTheGoat

Wasn't there something about a specific component of the Yeti not being lubricated properly prior to assembly? I recall hearing one of our insiders mention that as an issue.

Either way though, if it's turned off for a reason due to safety or any sort of problems, and not just to save money in operation, it's what i'd call broken.

NoChesterHester

Wasn't there something about a specific component of the Yeti not being lubricated properly prior to assembly? I recall hearing one of our insiders mention that as an issue.

Either way though, if it's turned off for a reason due to safety or any sort of problems, and not just to save money in operation, it's what i'd call broken.

Think they would find it humorous if I handed the unload CM a can of WD-40?

jl3283

I spoke with a women at the everest ride last week, she said what happened was that the mountain is connected to the yeti so in order to fix him it would be a major refurbishment & that won't be happening soon since that's AK premier ride. Maybe when Pandora is built, the Avatar land since that would draw attention.

alissafalco

Its really a shame to spend all that money and time to create a spectacualr ride and then to just forget about it if it doesnt work properly :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I spoke with a women at the everest ride last week, she said what happened was that the mountain is connected to the yeti so in order to fix him it would be a major refurbishment & that won't be happening soon since that's AK premier ride. Maybe when Pandora is built, the Avatar land since that would draw attention.

Quite the opposite. The AA, it's support system, and the building structure are totally unconnected. They have to be.

Lee

Adventurer
That is one scenario that has been passed on to me, though I have been unable to verify it. Theory being that some part of the mechanism, either the AA or the movement system was designed wrong, and required almost constant lubrication to prevent it from causing permanent damage to itself.

I spoke with a women at the everest ride last week, she said what happened was that the mountain is connected to the yeti...
Sad when people that work on the attraction know so little about it's design and construction. All that information should be in the operations manual, I would think.

Alektronic

That is one scenario that has been passed on to me, though I have been unable to verify it. Theory being that some part of the mechanism, either the AA or the movement system was designed wrong, and required almost constant lubrication to prevent it from causing permanent damage to itself.

I wouldn't say designed wrong, maybe designed cheaply. But that part is more of a guide than an actual part that has a lot force on it. But it needs to be maintained properly like most evrtyhing else on the ride. But if anything intrudes on the operating envelope either from the side or overhead it requires a safety check daily on a priority 5 PM.

But what usually happens is a certain part (or parts) keep breaking or tearing the skin too much, so they try to change the profile or slow some things down and that just move the force to different areas. Or they try to reinforce certain areas and then it causes stress in different areas. So other problems can develop down the line.

Sad when people that work on the attraction know so little about it's design and construction. All that information should be in the operations manual, I would think

Mainly, all that the Operations CM's have is just the SOP for that attraction. How to operate the ride, which position is responsible for what, and locations of everything like exit doors, fire extinguishers, access paths, etc. but nothing about design and construction, so anything they learn is from word of mouth and most of it is wrong or got repeated incorrectly.

muse1983

Note the bold portion. The "sad" part is that he has worked for the company for 10 years yet he doesn't seem to know very much about the company product. Nothing against IT at all, I've been doing it for 20+ myself.
Oh ok cool, I was just wondering. :wave:

Clever Name

Why doesn't this thread get locked already?

Because it's an update thread. You can never tell when a sudden and unexpected improvement or fix will happen to the Yeti.

As of now, the Yeti is still broken but that could change at any time. The dynamic leaders at WDW could implement major repairs and fixes all over property so we have to stand ready to observe, document and report the improvements.

Did I mention that the Yeti is still broken? :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom