Yeti to be never fixed... solid evidence!

MickeyPeace

I emailed WDW a couple weeks ago about the yeti not being in working order (in A mode) and here is what they just wrote back to me. Makes me think they never will fix it! :fork:

Dear Mr. xxx,
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent visit to Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.

I am very sorry for your disappointment with the Yeti scene currently being used at Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®. Please know, decisions about extended use of secondary shows are made with the utmost consideration for all of our Guests. I wanted to personally assure you that your feedback has been taken seriously and let you know how much we appreciate your comments. Our Guests’ feedback allows for our continual growth and the preservation of the magic Walt Disney dreamed about.

Mr. xxx, thank you again for your honest and constructive feedback.

Wishing you a magical day,

Andrew Shepard
Guest Communication Services
Walt Disney World Resort

/ab

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Hi,

I recently went to WDW and visited Animal Kingdom. I was so excited to
ride Everest only to find out that the Yeti was not working. After some
further research I found out that the Yeti has not been working for over
a year! I find this absurd that the main feature of an E-Ticket ride has
been broken for over a year!! Walt Disney used to have higher standards
for things, there's other issues with the park that I won't get into at
this point, but I can say as a life time Disney fan and someone who's
father personally knew Walt Disney this is unacceptable. Walt Disney is
probably rolling over in his grave because the Disney company simply
doesn't seem to put the effort into the details like they used to. I am
a shareholder in the Disney company and as a shareholder I'm very
disappointed. Please fix the Yeti and go back to how things used to be
run.

Thank you,

You should have proof read that letter. I would have edited it to this. Much more effective.

Hi,

I recently went to WDW and visited Animal Kingdom. I was so excited to
ride Everest only to find out that the Yeti was not working. After some
further research I found out that the Yeti has not been working for over
a year!
I am
a shareholder in the Disney company and as a shareholder I'm very
disappointed. Please fix the Yeti.

Atomicmickey

It's a giant monster right in front of you who comes inches away from clawing your head off. I've never heard anyone ask "Where was the Yeti?" coming off the ride.

Everyone I know, who is not a Disney fan, and does not know where to look, for the past three years, has come back saying "The Everest ride was awesome, but where was the Yeti? Was he just in that cartoon?"

I'm talking about 6 separate families. I told one where to look on a repeat visit, and then they said, "yes, we saw him, but that's it?"

anonDisney

Everyone I know, who is not a Disney fan, and does not know where to look, for the past three years, has come back saying "The Everest ride was awesome, but where was the Yeti? Was he just in that cartoon?"

I'm talking about 6 separate families. I told one where to look on a repeat visit, and then they said, "yes, we saw him, but that's it?"

Last time I was at Disney I went on Everest several times. I had no idea there was a Yeti until I read about it on these forums some time later.

RunnerEd

In "A" mode, you don't get off of the ride wondering where the Yeti was.

I'm not surprised you recieved a generic response as this is a horrible constructed letter. I can't imagine anyone would read this and take it seriously.

cheezbat

I love the idea of Expedition Everest, how the anticipation was meant to be built up in the ride...where you see 'traces' of the Yeti throughout the ride...and see his shadow before the big drop...and then in the final seconds of the ride he finally makes a quick swoop at the train in attempt to get you, the rider!

Sadly, with the Yeti in B-mode, this is not realized. You get all the traces...and then an anticlimactic ending with a strobe light on an unmoving animatronic. If it were up to me, I'd close the thing for 6-12 months, enclose the track areas where you can see the metal mountain structure, fix that yeti...and possibly add a new Yeti animatronic in place of the shadow projection before the drop. How cool would it be that as you are flying backwards and coming to a stop the Yeti seemingly follows you with his eyes as you roll backwards...and then begins to 'lurch' towards riders just as they narrowly escape by racing forwards and drop! This all would lead up to the final swinging of the Yeti at the train...so much more epic!

brentley2

OK- I am going to post this, and you can crucify me if you want...but I think it's an interesting perspective...
I went to WDW with some friends who had never been (got home on Friday). After we rode Everst I asked them if they noticed what was broken on the ride.
Not one of the 3 people who rode the ride with me even noticed that the Yeti was broken.
One of the said- well he may be broken, but he (the Yeti) still scared the crap out of me!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OK- I am going to post this, and you can crucify me if you want...but I think it's an interesting perspective...
I went to WDW with some friends who had never been (got home on Friday). After we rode Everst I asked them if they noticed what was broken on the ride.
Not one of the 3 people who rode the ride with me even noticed that the Yeti was broken.
One of the said- well he may be broken, but he (the Yeti) still scared the crap out of me!
Your anecdote shows the catch 22 we are in right now. The average guest has no idea that the yeti is supposed to move. They simply assume that what they see is the way it was designed. Because of this Disney has no reason, other than personal pride, to fix the problem.

dragongirl

But was the move through the cavern always that quick? I've experienced A mode and recently the B mode (where I couldn't even see the Yeti) and it seems like we got pushed through the Yeti cave faster than before. (Which makes sense since it would serve like a quick cut in a movie to prevent emphasis on the broken Yeti.)

T-1MILLION

But was the move through the cavern always that quick? I've experienced A mode and recently the B mode (where I couldn't even see the Yeti) and it seems like we got pushed through the Yeti cave faster than before. (Which makes sense since it would serve like a quick cut in a movie to prevent emphasis on the broken Yeti.)

I don't think the speed at all has changed, but it may seem like it as when it was in A mode you could see the Yeti quite a bit earlier than the way they have it now so it is more of a flash of light on him.

That is what people may be forgetting about A mode. You saw him swashing his hand over the train...my gosh was that awesome and yes, it made all the difference. I don't often fall for headchoppers on coasters. As much as I love them I just know I am safe but on my first ride on Everest I ducked in a reaction to the swinging claw.

Splashman

It seems these days Disney is more concerned with placing as many meet and greets around the parks as humanly possible instead of keeping up with routine maintenance and paying attention to attractions which desperately need repair.

It seems these days Disney is more concerned with placing as many meet and greets around the parks as humanly possible instead of keeping up with routine maintenance and paying attention to attractions which desperately need repair.

These are the fundamentals of business. Make as much money as you can while spending the least amount possible. Not fair, but true.

tikiman

I know some in Imagineering and they told me it will not be fixed. It is true that the structure cannot handle the movement so it was shut down and will not be turned back on.

I saw it when it first opened and thought it was amazing but we will not see it again.

BigThunderMatt

No changes will be made until they make some serious leadership changes across the board ala the Cynthia Harris and Paul Pressler years at Disneyland. We are currently going through a similar era at WDW, with leaders in multiple positions who have never worked front line in a park before, likely do not visit the parks outside of work (if at all), and are only interested in keeping the bottom line in the black to ensure the largest possible bonus at the end of the year.

Unfortunately, unlike DLR, WDW does not have the dedicated, vocal, and extremely large fanbase to incite the change we want to see. So something else is going to have to be the catalyst.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom