Yeti Repair in 2009?

CBOMB

Just guessing but it sounds like a design flaw and I doubt they would spend the money just to have it break again. Could be "FUBAR".

As in, Fouled Up Beyond All Repair :lookaroun
It's just the timeline of getting things repaired at WDW that is starting to get to me. This is a major attraction that is only what, 3 years old, and it very seldom works like it was designed to. It cost more than $120 million. You would think someone would be in there working on it every night until it did work properly. It seems like WDW is willing to let things like this go for what ever reason they may have.

peterpanic74

Original Poster
It's just the timeline of getting things repaired at WDW that is starting to get to me. This is a major attraction that is only what, 3 years old, and it very seldom works like it was designed to. It cost more than $120 million. You would think someone would be in there working on it every night until it did work properly. It seems like WDW is willing to let things like this go for what ever reason they may have.

Yeah, seriously. Troubling indeed. :veryconfu

PhilharMagician

Could this type of issue where no funding is allowed to repair vital show scenes make a certain Joe Rhode look elsewhere for employment? :lookaroun

jt04

How long would it take them to fix the yeti if they had the whole attraction down for the work?

This is really sad. It really is.

Could this type of issue where no funding is allowed to repair vital show scenes make a certain Joe Rhode look elsewhere for employment? :lookaroun

I still think it is possible that it is an engineering flaw and can't be fixed in a way that it won't break again. It just may be cost prohibitive to have to fix a structual flaw on an ongoing basis.

If that is the case then they may need him to figure out a "plan b" for the ride storyline.

SirGoofy

I still think it is possible that it is an engineering flaw and can't be fixed in a way that it won't break again. It just may be cost prohibitive to have to fix a structual flaw on an ongoing basis.

If that is the case then they may need him to figure out a "plan b" for the ride storyline.

Sorry, but as an engineering student, one thing that is drilled into our head is that no problem is beyond fixing. There's absolutely no way that this is an "impossible" fix. It's more likely that they won't shell out the dough to fix it permanently.

And the "plan b" will only ever be what you see now. Unless they put up a screen Yeti!:rolleyes:

SirGoofy

I could possibly find this preferable to disco Yeti. The strobe effect does NOTHING for me. Just have him move his arm with less force if that was the problem.

Personally, I won't find anything acceptable until the Yeti is back in A mode. It was one of the most impressive engineering I've ever seen in the parks.

jt04

Sorry, but as an engineering student, one thing that is drilled into our head is that no problem is beyond fixing. There's absolutely no way that this is an "impossible" fix. It's more likely that they won't shell out the dough to fix it permanently.

And the "plan b" will only ever be what you see now. Unless they put up a screen Yeti!:rolleyes:

As an engineering student you should know that a "screen yeti" is not the only "plan b" necessarily.

I didn't say it could not be fixed, it may just be that they found the "mountain structure" can't support such a massive AA. And I doubt they will tear the mountain down and rebuild it from scratch. A new Yeti may be necessary, I don't know. But certainly a story redesign is something they are looking at.

By he way, I've heard the latest "screen technology" looks as real as a real AA so you might want to get used to the concept. It is the future.

SirGoofy

As an engineering student you should know that a "screen yeti" is not the only "plan b" necessarily.

I didn't say it could not be fixed, it may just be that they found the "mountain structure" can't support such a massive AA. And I doubt they will tear the mountain down and rebuild it from scratch. A new Yeti may be neceaary, I don't know. But certainly a story redesign is something they are looking at.

By he way, I've heard the latest "screen technology" looks as real as a real AA so you might want to get used to the concept. It is the future.

Show me a screen that gives the same sense of reality as a 22 foot AA yeti, and I'll give you 100 bucks.

jt04

Show me a screen that gives the same sense of reality as a 22 foot AA yeti, and I'll give you 100 bucks.

It's in development. Such technology would allow, for instance, a Yeti to do much much more than take a repetitive swipe at a train which never changes no matter how many times you experience the attraction (unless it is broken. :brick:)

Again, I have heard some very interesting stuff. Not about EE but other attractions :zipit:

SirGoofy

It's in development. Such technology would allow, for instance, a Yeti to do much much more than take a repetitive swipe at a train which never changes no matter how many times you experience the attraction (unless it is broken. :brick:)

Again, I have heard some very interesting stuff. Not about EE but other attractions :zipit:

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not saying your lying, but the human eye/brain will always see a 2-D screen and say, "Fake." Even though everyone knows the yeti in that ride is fake, when it's moving the 3-d yeti makes it look real.

I just can't see a screen giving the same sense of reality.

SirGoofy

You`re not called Tom are you?

:sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy:

EDIT: I also want to add this in here for all those that are freaking out that screens are the "future." I asked an Imagineer whether screens would replace AAs, and was told "No way. It all depends on the project. We'll never abandon AAs."

1disneydood

Screens aren't the future AA's.:rolleyes:

Imagine Hall of Pres. or American Adventure, or Tikki Room, etc. Not worth seeing at the parks if presented on a screen. I'll go so far to say Muppets, Bugs life, and Mickey's Phillarmacic wouldn't be half the show without the few AA they use.

Now I could see them using more mist screens like Davy Jones for ride vehicles to pass through in future dark rides in water. :D

jt04

:sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy:

EDIT: I also want to add this in here for all those that are freaking out that screens are the "future." I asked an Imagineer whether screens would replace AAs, and was told "No way. It all depends on the project. We'll never abandon AAs."

Not in the classic attractions anyway, thank goodness.

Then there is; TSMM, ToT, RnRC, AIE, KP, new Stitch Stage Show, Laugh Floor, Buzz, Nemo show at AK, Nemo at Epcot (mostly), Turtle Talk, M:S, Soarin............... I think I see a patern here.

jt04

Screens aren't the future AA's.:rolleyes:

Imagine Hall of Pres. or American Adventure, or Tikki Room, etc. Not worth seeing at the parks if presented on a screen. I'll go so far to say Muppets, Bugs life, and Mickey's Phillarmacic wouldn't be half the show without the few AA they use.

Now I could see them using more mist screens like Davy Jones for ride vehicles to pass through in future dark rides in water. :D

I forgot about MP. I would hardly call those AA's. Don't get me wrong,I love AA's but the new screen stuff in the pipeline sounds very interesting. Think TSMM on steroids.:D

SoccerMickey

Either last week or the week before I got stopped upon exiting Expedition Everest by a research cast member. He asked me if this was my first time riding EE, I said no and the survey was over. I had a feeling if I said yes, I would have gotten more questions...which could be where Disney gets their guests won't notice mentality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom