Yeti Repair in 2009?

SirGoofy

Not in the classic attractions anyway, thank goodness.

Then there is; TSMM, ToT, RnRC, AIE, KP, new Stitch Stage Show, Laugh Floor, Buzz, Nemo show at AK, Nemo at Epcot (mostly), Turtle Talk, M:S, Soarin............... I think I see a patern here.

I'm not counting stage shows, because they do add to things to them.

ToT-The screens do add to the experience, but I would hardly call this a "screen attraction."

RnRc-Again, don't really know what you are getting at here. This isn't a "screen" focused attraction.

AIE-Not touching this one with a ten foot pole

KP-Not really a screen attraction. Just because there is a screen involved, doesn't mean its a screen attraction. That would be like calling SSE a screen attraction.

Stitch Stage show-I'll wait and see on this one.

MILF-You're really not making a great argument with this one

Buzz-Easily out shined by MIB over at Universal which is filled to the brim with AAs.

M:S-How the heck could this not be a screen attraction? It's a simulator.:veryconfu

Soarin'-Same as above.

TSMM-While it is great, I still believe MIB is better due to the realistic ride.

Screens aren't better than AAs. They are cheaper. Look at Tokyo. Are their newest attractions screen based? Nope. They could have gone the screen route with their Monster's attraction, but they decided to go with the more immersive route and built almost 70 AAs.

SoccerMickey

RnRc-Again, don't really know what you are getting at here. This isn't a "screen" focused attraction.
quote]

Really? I don't think RnRc would be the great attraction it is if it didn't have the video section of the "Hey! Hey! Hey!" "What the hey! hey! hey!"

Speaking of, I wonder if Chris from RnRc is sitting at some dark bar with the two safari rangers who would hold the poachers at gun point to let us know that Big Red is ok, crying in their beers about how much they cared for that baby elephant that they would just leave in the back of a truck or how happy they would be to grab that black Les Pauls.

CaptainMichael

Really? I don't think RnRc would be the great attraction it is if it didn't have the video section of the "Hey! Hey! Hey!" "What the hey! hey! hey!"

Speaking of, I wonder if Chris from RnRc is sitting at some dark bar with the two safari rangers who would hold the poachers at gun point to let us know that Big Red is ok, crying in their beers about how much they cared for that baby elephant that they would just leave in the back of a truck or how happy they would be to grab that black Les Pauls.

Basically all preshows rely on screens.

SirGoofy

I don't think RnRc is even close to a "great" attraction. So...yea. I see it as the single most overrated attraction on Disney property. Haven't wasted my time with it the past 2 times I've been there. Instead I use that time to go on ToT or Star Tours again.:lookaroun

CaptainMichael

I don't think RnRc is even close to a "great" attraction. So...yea. I see it as the single most overrated attraction on Disney property. Haven't wasted my time with it the past 2 times I've been there. Instead I use that time to go on ToT or Star Tours again.:lookaroun

I would have to respectfully disagree. That distinction goes to "God's gift to Disney theme park attractions" Soarin' with Expedition Failed Effects a close second.

jt04

ToT-The screens do add to the experience, but I would hardly call this a "screen attraction."

AIE-Not touching this one with a ten foot pole

KP-Not really a screen attraction. Just because there is a screen involved, doesn't mean its a screen attraction. That would be like calling SSE a screen attraction.

Stitch Stage show-I'll wait and see on this one.

MILF-You're really not making a great argument with this one

Buzz-Easily out shined by MIB over at Universal which is filled to the brim with AAs.

M:S-How the heck could this not be a screen attraction? It's a simulator.:veryconfu

Soarin'-Same as above.

TSMM-While it is great, I still believe MIB is better due to the realistic ride.

Screens aren't better than AAs. They are cheaper. Look at Tokyo. Are their newest attractions screen based? Nope. They could have gone the screen route with their Monster's attraction, but they decided to go with the more immersive route and built almost 70 AAs.

I wasn't saying any of those are "screen" attractions. I was saying they are not AA attractions. Sorry for the confusion.

mcjaco

Something about a cracked foundation, but there are problems with Yeti itself too. It went 101 long before foundation problems. B-Mode has been around regularly since April 2006 (read that as 3 years now).

Just to clarify, that's one of the stories. Supposedly, the beam sunk into the foundation supporting him had so much pressure from his movement, it cracked the foundation.

I've also been told that Yeti's back is broken, and it has nothing to do with the foundation. Again, the pressure on certain joints literally broke his back.

Not sure which story to believe, but either way, B mode is "blah."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom