Yeti indeed in new position on EE

IWant2GoNow

I think they are support wires so that Fubar doesnt totally slump over and go into "sniffing crotch" mode.

Hilarious!

Well, an online petition does one thing that a letter to TDO can't do- raise awareness between the Disney Parks fans. And then we ALL write letters. ;)

Exactly.

Yep. That's a perfect idea.
Somebody email whatshisname (Jason?)over at the Sentinel.
Maybe he's in the mood to shine some light on the situation.

Edit: Nevermind...I'll email him myself. Give him a story suggestion....

Awesome! Thanks, Lee!

Perhaps when we get like 500-1000 signatures and w/e amount of facebook members you like , maybe we can all just email them the links etc.

Just what I was thinking in an earlier post. Individual e-mails are fine and dandy for now, but lets wait a few weeks before we send the big e-mail with the links to everything.

:D

Search for Pooh

I was able to get my 6 year old on the ride, by telling her we're going to go search for Pooh. Being an avid Disney fan, and knowing the Yeti was still down, we had just as much chance of finding Pooh as she did of seeing the Yeti. :D

Hoping for a new working yeti when I go in August. May make a Save the Yeti T-shirt on one of the design sites before I go..

RSoxNo1

It's no secret that Animal Kingdom needs more attractions. I've suggested this in another thread, but the quickest thing to do is to add actual show scenes along the river banks, and re-open the Discovery River Boats.

If they want to use some of the original concepts for the ride (a Kraken for example) it would require draining of the river. But if it's just to install one animatronic, I can't imagine that would be intrusive for the long term. Throw in a Unicorn on the river bank, an actual dragon in a cave, and you can have a new family attraction that can take some of the crowds when they shut down Everest to fix the Yeti.

The other option is plus Dinosaur to the point where it's a legitimate Indiana Jones level E-Ticket. I'd hope for both.

Dinoman96

If they want to use some of the original concepts for the ride (a Kraken for example) it would require draining of the river. But if it's just to install one animatronic, I can't imagine that would be intrusive for the long term. Throw in a Unicorn on the river bank, an actual dragon in a cave, and you can have a new family attraction that can take some of the crowds when they shut down Everest to fix the Yeti.

With those it would be a lot better, and a good hint to You-know-what. :) Also, maybe if the boat headed towards Asia, on shore you'd find some ripped apart flags...with yeti statues next to them, and haunting music is heard like in the Yeti temple. Weird. Maybe near Africa your boat ends up in an area where you'd actually see some animals.

djkidkaz

It's no secret that Animal Kingdom needs more attractions. I've suggested this in another thread, but the quickest thing to do is to add actual show scenes along the river banks, and re-open the Discovery River Boats.

The other option is plus Dinosaur to the point where it's a legitimate Indiana Jones level E-Ticket. I'd hope for both.

I would love for them to re-open the River Boats! I never got to ride them as they were gone by my first trip in 2000, but alot of people just enjoy a relaxing boat ride. I mean, theres not even that much to see on the train around Magic Kingdom so why shutter the AK River Boats?

imagineer boy

That would be perfect! And it would be a realitvely quick and cheap fix too.

RSoxNo1

That would be perfect! And it would be a realitvely quick and cheap fix too.

I'm not sure how cheap it would be if the original version of the ride is actually built. Apparently the dragon that was going to be used would be a more complex version of the Dragon in Disneyland Paris. Animatronics are expensive. Of course, they could go with the primitive approach and make them cheaper but to have it be a worthwhile attraction may not be that cheap.

Did you ever wait on the lines for those freaking boats?

Yeah, I did. And I wasn't happy about it. I don't know what the hourly capacity of the boats were, but the only had 4 boats. The boats were larger than Jungle Cruise, so I would imagine that with more boats they could cut down on the lines.

The biggest problem with them though was that people would wait in a long line, and there was nothing to see. And then to see the other half of the nothingness they had to wait in a long line again.

misterID

Adding to the rapids is a good idea. I don't know if the boats would really be worth it, seeing that realistcally, it would end up being a cheap fix, or maybe even a waste of money and effort considering the parks needs.

They need to invest big in AK. It's pretty ridiculous when you think about how easily (and fantastic) WDI could add attractions to AK, like what they've done with JTTCOTE and Mystic Point in Asia. They're just not doing it for AK. Matter of fact, TDO seem to be downgrading the park. :shrug:

peter11435

Yeah, I did. And I wasn't happy about it. I don't know what the hourly capacity of the boats were, but the only had 4 boats. The boats were larger than Jungle Cruise, so I would imagine that with more boats they could cut down on the lines.
Actually there were 6 boats

Hasty Hippo
Leaping Lizard
Darting Dragonfly
Otter Nonsense
Manatee Maiden
Crocodile Belle

MonsterManX

This makes me want a Hercules ride with like mythical beasts and such...I know that most likely wouldn't help AK (least animal wise) at all but hey I can dream can't I? XD

Gov00

Detail

I rode EE for the first time three weeks ago, and no I did not see the Yeti. I was disappointed, but for a whole different reason. I used a fast-pass and rushed straight to the ride. I was only able to grab a few glimpses of the outstanding detail that you see when you are truly waiting in line. The precession and execution of detail can make or brake an attraction for me.

LoriMistress

Ignore my post. I found the new Yeti picture.

I believe there is a really good photo of Fubar in Crotch mode over in the Discussion Forum in the WDW Picture of the day part 7 thread. You can even see what looks like an anchor wire coming from above in to hold him in place. Unfortunately there is like 240 pages and i think it was near the middle. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I believe this is what I was looking for

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jedimastermatt/3802734023/in/set-72157621861642845/

EpcotFanForever

Rode yesterday and saw the Yeti in yet another new position...

Genial-Yeti.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom