Yeti indeed in new position on EE

Tigerace81

I know but thats not what he said. I was the first to report it here btw.

He said they are doing it from today up to mid-June where the Yeti will return with some movement. After that they plan to do a 6 month long refurbishment to bring the Yeti all the way back to A mode. During that 6 months of EE downtime you should expect I would imagine to have some of the effects returned, like the steam on the trains and a complete rebuild of the trains to clean them and refurbish them.

csm

Nothing's changed. Screamscape's source was incorrect. The yeti is still imobile, in the dark, strobed, without any form of screan and/or projection.

Maybe this is coming on the horizon, but it is not here.

Tigerace81

Typically hes right but with this being Disney who knows where he got the info. But I did say he was crazy when he said Chang at Kentucky Kingdom would be leaving for a Fake waterpark expansion to close the park. Hopefully its the truth.

Studios Fan

But in all seriousness, AK needs to get some more love. Two of its biggest attractions are plagued with tons of malfunctions and breakdowns, they need to either add a new attraction to handle overflow so they can close attractions for extended periods for refurb, or just bite the bullet and take the hit on park attendance and fix the attractions.

I couldn't agree more. Disney has a decision to make.

csm

Typically hes right but with this being Disney who knows where he got the info. But I did say he was crazy when he said Chang at Kentucky Kingdom would be leaving for a Fake waterpark expansion to close the park. Hopefully its the truth.

Lance is great, and extremely reliable. It's some of the fanboys that send him emails that are questionable, not him. He had no way to verify that the screw was not in play as he hasn't lived in Orlando in several years. Why on earth would someone email saying it's using a screen if it's not? That hardly sounds like something needing verfication, but clearly whoever the tool was didn't know what they were talking about.

As for the Chang thing, the water park expansion WAS real until Six Flags decided to go in a different direction. Everything Lance said was true at the time of printing.

RSoxNo1

The Yeti being broken is definitely part of a larger problem at the Animal Kingdom.

The addition of that attraction was a huge boost to attendance to a park that desperately needed it. The thing is, it can use another big attendance boost, but not with another E Ticket, it should be adding a C or D ticket every 2 years until that park gets to be a full day park.

We all know that the original expansion of that park should have happened in the first 5 years, and it would have included a comparable attraction to Everest in Dragon Tower, but that would have also been supplemented by smaller attractions in the area. Additionally, we were to have expected the Excavator Roller Coaster instead of DinoRama, and a more extravagant version of Kali River Rapids.

While it's my favorite park, it's becoming increasingly harder to defend, it really needs to take advantage of the expansion space it has available. Everest opened in 2006, and they should have a new major addition within 5 years of its opening. Clearly that's not happening, and this park needs it far more than any other park. Without this new addition, the park can't afford to close Expedition Everest for a prolong period of time.

I hope it gets destroyed by the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but I think any attendance it takes away from Disney will be split between DHS and AK. DHS has Star Tours 2.0 in the works, and presumably the Monster's Inc Coaster right behind it.

The only thing that seems even remotely possible for the Animal Kingdom is a version of World of Color, but even that seems far fetched for many logistical reasons.

So I've ranted for quite some time without offering any solutions, so here goes.

Easier:
Bring back the Discovery River Boats, but actually add some details. It doesn't have to be a coming attractions/preview center of sorts for a Beastly Kingdom that isn't happening, but make it into a Jaws/Jungle Cruise type attraction with encounters of various Mythical Animals instead of a boat ride with nothing to see.

More in depth:
Put in a World of Color type show in the lagoon by Everest.

The question I have though: Do the Discovery River Boats ride on a track? If so, than presumably any water based show that requires a stage and viewing area would interfere with the current service area of the Discovery River Boats.

Tigerace81

Lance is great, and extremely reliable. It's some of the fanboys that send him emails that are questionable, not him. He had no way to verify that the screw was not in play as he hasn't lived in Orlando in several years. Why on earth would someone email saying it's using a screen if it's not? That hardly sounds like something needing verfication, but clearly whoever the tool was didn't know what they were talking about.

As for the Chang thing, the water park expansion WAS real until Six Flags decided to go in a different direction. Everything Lance said was true at the time of printing.

I ran a website for Kentucky Kingdom (recently changed the topic) and have tried to put together everything possible on Chang and the park closing. Nothing makes any sense except for theft by deception. Everything Six Flags did just pointed to the park closing. But thats an argument for a later day.

I just believe things such as that, you know very important rumors/news, especially when your dealing with Disney, he should have someone check first since it would have been big news. But I guess you cant help but post it.

bosoxrock3410

screamscape-A quick update on that Yeti construction I mentioned last week… scratch that… and delay it. It seems the reported screen to cover up the Yeti the other night was simply a “test” to see how it would look and it was taken down in less than 24 hours. According to the last report, the final Yeti room scene is back to running it’s typical dark room with strobe light effects version of the scene until they come back with the screen and begin working on it in the near future

JustInTime

YAY! I finally got a new computer so I can post!!! Its been a while.

Okay, I want them to fix the yeti worse than I want to GO to Disney World. Thats pretty bad.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
screamscape-A quick update on that Yeti construction I mentioned last week… scratch that… and delay it. It seems the reported screen to cover up the Yeti the other night was simply a “test” to see how it would look and it was taken down in less than 24 hours. According to the last report, the final Yeti room scene is back to running it’s typical dark room with strobe light effects version of the scene until they come back with the screen and begin working on it in the near future

Yep I can confirm it was not there on Sunday 23rd May.

BrerFrog

I don't like the sound of "near future". :(

stitch2008

To me this sounds like the screen was put up in 3rd shift and then taken down to make sure it fit right. Then they'll go back and reinstall it with a projector while they fix the Yeti and make sure all its problems are resolved. If the rumor is true.

Rob562

More in depth:
Put in a World of Color type show in the lagoon by Everest.

The question I have though: Do the Discovery River Boats ride on a track? If so, than presumably any water based show that requires a stage and viewing area would interfere with the current service area of the Discovery River Boats.

The boats did not run on a track of any kind, they were independently piloted (just as they are now out on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon). Don't know for sure, but I presume their propulsion is either like the Sassagoula River pontoon boats, or the Friendships.

-Rob

hokielutz

As of the 19th, there was no screen in place. But I can say the Yeti was not looking down at himself... instead he was in an outstretched reaching position with his head pointed at the oncoming trains.

Whatever fix they're doing, I hope it's rolling by my trip in August. I guess I'll get my bright yellow shirt ready for E mode.. or is that H mode for half-___ work.:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom