Yeti indeed in new position on EE

jmuboy

Keep in mind that waterfalls are a very powerful force... what if the mountain structure that the water was cascading on... was actually deteriorating faster than anticipated? Even natural rock formations will decay and deform over time because of the continual force of falling water on its surface.

Not an excuse... just a possibility.

The Matterhorn in DL has had water running down its side for 50 years. I can't buy that excuse that a 3 year old mountain is showing signs of water deterioration.

IWant2GoNow

Keep in mind that waterfalls are a very powerful force... what if the mountain structure that the water was cascading on... was actually deteriorating faster than anticipated? Even natural rock formations will decay and deform over time because of the continual force of falling water on its surface.

Not an excuse... just a possibility.

The Matterhorn in DL has had water running down its side for 50 years. I can't buy that excuse that a 3 year old mountain is showing signs of water deterioration.

You don't have to buy it because it wasn't for sale to begin with. :lol:

BrerFrog

Maybe Everest wasn't as well projected as the Matterhorn. :shrug:

I don't know what is going on with this mountain

Tigerace81

Apparently WDI is performing some kind of refurbishment to the Yeti until mid-June.

From Screamscape:

(5/21/10) Big news sent our way from Animal Kingdom by way of tree mail… it seems starting today riders on Expedition Everest will encounter something other than a Yeti at the finale. They’re encounter a large screen cover set up to block all view of the Yeti figure. Despite the fact that Memorial Day Weekend is coming soon, apparently this screen will be up in place until around mid-June while they attempt a minor rehab of the Yeti figure.
I’m told that the plan is to try and restore some movement to the arm and head as a sort of half-way fix to restore it to closed to the full blown “A” show mode that hasn’t been seen in months. Apparently the only way the Yeti will ever get restored to full operational status is whenever the time comes to close down the ride complete for an extensive rehab that could take up to 6 months. Obviously WDW management has been in no hurry to do such a thing as the impact on the park would be huge.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Apparently WDI is performing some kind of refurbishment to the Yeti until mid-June.

From Screamscape:
That supposed 6 month rehab might come during my vacation down to WDW and Ill be upset, but to know that it is getting possibly fixed, Ill take it and not complain for the better good.

BrerFrog

From Screamscape:

It is not the best of scenarios, but it will do! :sohappy:

I suggest they build BK so they can finally close down EE for a long period of time without impacting the park in a major way. :D

PurpleDragon

What I'm trying to understand is why did WDI build Dinorama if not to handle guest overflow when an attraction is closed? Thats all its good for anyway, none of the attractions in that area are worth seeing on their own, they're only a sort of "Well nothing else is here, might as well ride whats available" attractions. LOL!

But in all seriousness, AK needs to get some more love. Two of its biggest attractions are plagued with tons of malfunctions and breakdowns, they need to either add a new attraction to handle overflow so they can close attractions for extended periods for refurb, or just bite the bullet and take the hit on park attendance and fix the attractions.

aklodge

From Screamscape:
Holy smokes... that is pretty good news if true. It's not like normal guests seem to care about the Yeti anyway...

Anyone want to make the trip over and try to get a photo?

IWant2GoNow

I hope the new mode is ready in time for my trip. If not, I'm more than happy to take the hit of no Yeti for repairs. However I'd love to be one of the first to report on the B+ Mode. :lol:

Space Mountain

uhhhh if you really like looking at screens, here you go:

120%20inch%20electric%20projector%20screen_0.jpg

Tigerace81

That supposed 6 month rehab might come during my vacation down to WDW and Ill be upset, but to know that it is getting possibly fixed, Ill take it and not complain for the better good.

From my understanding of Lance's post (screamscape operator) it will only be from right now until mid June. During that time period its supposed to get some movement back. Then when there's time to perform a 6 month shut down of the total ride, not just the Yeti, it will be completely overhauled to A mode. No idea when that 6 month refurbishment could happen though. Possibly starting right after the Christmas event and up to late Spring?

At least this is better then nothing. To bad I wont get to see it all the way back in A mode like it was on my last trip during its soft-opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom