yes, 3 cabs in EPCOT's mexico in 2007.

daveyjones

Original Poster
well since my post at mouseplanet has been posted over here, i thought i should join the discussion.

yes, this is my first post. here and over at mouse planet. i have been an avid reader of disney park related forums for a long time. but i've never had something to say.

to clarify:

they want to make improvements for the park's 25th anniversary. i don't know anything about canada and france, but i know they will be updated. as for mexico, the birds from 3 cabs will guide an all new boat ride. i don't know how much of the original attraction will remain (ala tiki room under new management) - but the birds will be there in 2007 for the anniversary.

location scouting in mexico happens in march, with a footage shoot in april.

EPCOT (and world showcase in particular) is my favorite part of WDW. just thought i'd share the cool news.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
One does not remain anonymous by having their previous project pitches revealed - not everyone will remember who mentiomned what, but a pesky Disney lawyer can research such a thing in no time.

DigitalDisney

I'd like to think that the temple / lagoon area would certainly remain. It's an integral part of the pavilion's interior.

Otherwise, it's really anyone's guess.

TheDisneyMagic

that would probably be best.

I like the sound of this though, thanks for letting us know.

Hehe Disney's next celebration is in planning allready.

shmmrname

I personally love the fellows diving into the ocean, then magically re-emerging on top of the cliff, only to dive once again. Timeless...

joshwill

daveyjones said:
well since my post at mouseplanet has been posted over here, i thought i should join the discussion.

yes, this is my first post. here and over at mouse planet. i have been an avid reader of disney park related forums for a long time. but i've never had something to say.

to clarify:

they want to make improvements for the park's 25th anniversary. i don't know anything about canada and france, but i know they will be updated. as for mexico, the birds from 3 cabs will guide an all new boat ride. i don't know how much of the original attraction will remain (ala tiki room under new management) - but the birds will be there in 2007 for the anniversary.

location scouting in mexico happens in march, with a footage shoot in april.

EPCOT (and world showcase in particular) is my favorite part of WDW. just thought i'd share the cool news.

good, i never liked its a small mexic....er...el rio del tiempo. to me its the single more boring, inane ride in the whole of wdw.

donaldfan

daveyjones said:

Agreed!! World Showcase is my favorite part of WDW too -- any updates are great. Now, if we could get Tapestry back in some form also for Epcot's 25th . . .:kiss:

Pongo

This sounds great to me. I'm all for integrating characters into Epcot, as long as they help to edutain. How can it even be a Disney park if they don't have characters from the movies?

the-reason14

Wow, so your saying el rio del tiempo is changing. Man, if thats true thats kinda devastating for me. I mean I somewaht welcome the change, but I really enjoyed that ride the way it was. Hopefully it will still be hardly no wait, thats one of the reasons why I like it.:)

NadieMasK2

That would be sweet! I've always thought they could have done so much more with that ride. Mexico is such an interesting country. The current ride doesn't really do it justice.

Yes, yes, Tapestry!!!!!!! I would make a special trip to WDW just for that alone!

WhyteAL

Well I think if it's true it will be great. I really like that ride. Plus its the only country that helps represents us latin folk:cool: . LOL:D even though I'm not mexican. But really I think they should have changed those guys wearing speedo's along time ago:lookaroun . Thats really great news can't wait. Maybe the can give free tequilla shots all threw the ride and they have to drag you off the boat then it would be really fun:dazzle: .

SirNim

I'm gonna bid on all the little souvenir props that the street vendors try to hawk when Disney puts bits of the ride up for auction on eBay! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom