Yellow Submarine Ride

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
With this Yellow Submarine remake announced, It had me thinking... Do you think it's likely that we'll ever get a Beatles ride?

I think it would be a nice addition to the UK at epcot. A visually stunning dark ride could have a lot of potential.

Does getting the rights to use the songs for the movie also give them the ability to use them in the parks?

sublimesting

With this Yellow Submarine remake announced, It had me thinking... Do you think it's likely that we'll ever get a Beatles ride?

I think it would be a nice addition to the UK at epcot. A visually stunning dark ride could have a lot of potential.

Does getting the rights to use the songs for the movie also give them the ability to use them in the parks?

That would go well in UK pavilion. As for the rights, who knows? Disney doesn't actually own the rights to some key songs such as When You Wish Upon a Star but are allowed to use them in the movies. They foolishly signed them away to an outside company. So Disney has to be careful with the usage of those songs and there was actually a court battle over using them in home versions of the movies because the original contract did not stipulate that they could. It only said they could use them in movies (at the movies).

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm a HUGE Beatles fan, but could go either way with this one. I'm not even sure I like the idea of a remake.
My immediate reaction is that it would belong in the Imagination Pavilion before the UK Pavilion, though... or maybe even DHS...

prbiker15

Im a fan of The Beatles, but I don't really want a ride of the band in WDW. Say if they want to replace Rock N Roller Coaster with that, I would be sad. But as of now, we don't really need a ride. We could put Beatles memorabilia in the UK Pavillion @ Epcot. :D

lilclerk

I'm a HUGE Beatles fan, but could go either way with this one. I'm not even sure I like the idea of a remake.

Same here... I'm sure if they made it I would enjoy the ride, but I don't really want it to be there in the first place. :shrug:

Figment632

Im a fan of The Beatles, but I don't really want a ride of the band in WDW. Say if they want to replace Rock N Roller Coaster with that, I would be sad. But as of now, we don't really need a ride. We could put Beatles memorabilia in the UK Pavillion @ Epcot. :D

There is already a lot of Beatles stuff for sale in the UK.

But no ride I would like to see them built Mr. Toads Wild Ride there however.

Jaytrod

I am a huge Beatles fan, but I don't think a ride is a good idea.. The Beatles impersonators they have there already do a great job, I think that's about all they need as the Beatles really have nothing to do with Disney . I do like the idea of putting Mr. Toads there.

Vince3

I'm a huge Beatles fan as well .I think an attraction geared towards them at epcot uk would be a great idea.

WDW & Beatles-why not?

Figment632

DL already has one.

070525-finding-nemo-submarine-voyage-lagoon-disneyland.jpg

EpcotServo

A: This Disney Performance Capture remake is an affront to everything holy about Animation

B: I actually support this idea, Abbey Road would be a great building to add, and I'm sure WDI would have a field day with recreating pepperland with sets and amazing new special effects. Plus it'd be a "Musical" attraction, and that would be really cool.

Nowhere Man in an attraction = YES PLEASE

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Please No!!!!. The Beatles were of their time, most of it before this sites members were born. No problem with a music attraction but lets have all the facets of music from the bluesmen of Clapton and Beck, through Zep, the Floyd Yes and Genesis to glam rock of Bowie and Slade to Punk and Metal with Maiden Priest and Motorhead who all defined music genres.

Better still lets have something on the Industrial revolution without which we wouldnt have had all this technology.

Vince3

I hear you Pumbas but,if it wasn't for the Beatles none of those would have existed.Plus, Beatles did it better! Respect to the originators has no age limit.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hear you Pumbas but,if it wasn't for the Beatles none of those would have existed.Plus, Beatles did it better! Respect to the originators has no age limit.

Except the Beatles did covers/ sang Tamla Motown songs :shrug: What about the Stones, the Animals, ? To say that the Beatles were all influencing and no one else is worthy is really over stating things.

Dave Disney

I am an obsessive Beatles fan in fact my love of the Fab Four rivals my love for all things Disney. I don't think that a Beatles attraction is a great idea. There is a connotation that some of the Beatles music and specifically the Yellow Submarine album and film have that is just not very Disney oriented. Anybody who has watched the original film can tell you that it is best enjoyed while under the influence of something and I don't mean a Dole Whip! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom