Y'all should ...

alphac2005

The more I think about, the more excited I get. And we're just THINKING about it. If we get the attraction, imagine what the concepts will look like! My goodness. I've yet to go to IOA. I live in California but Spider-Man's ride system is the same as the Transformers attraction here. Amazing, I agree.

I know it. Heck, not only is the ride system the same, but the sequences of events are nearly the same as Spiderman, but I'll take it when the open Transformers at the Studios as well next year.

IOA really is something, just top notch quality. It's always been, but some people (ahem) never give it the credit that it has been due. I lived in Florida for several years and it was nice having APs back when no one went. :) Now, there are actually lines because people have seen the quality there and they've done a terrific job with the Wizarding World. One can only imagine if Disney had there way, there would have been Harry Potter meet and greets dominating the land.

Californian Elitist

I know it. Heck, not only is the ride system the same, but the sequences of events are nearly the same as Spiderman, but I'll take it when the open Transformers at the Studios as well next year.

IOA really is something, just top notch quality. It's always been, but some people (ahem) never give it the credit that it has been due. I lived in Florida for several years and it was nice having APs back when no one went. :) Now, there are actually lines because people have seen the quality there and they've done a terrific job with the Wizarding World. One can only imagine if Disney had there way, there would have been Harry Potter meet and greets dominating the land.

The entire Universal company never gets enough credit IMO, besides their films and television shows, especially from Disney fans. You'll almost never see that, and if one does praise Universal, there will always be 5-10 more people posting negative comments. It's a shame, really. Disney made a mistake passing up on Potter. I'm curious to know how it'll do in Hollywood.

Beholder

The problem with Tomorrow Land is that it's always been right on the edge of the future. Either do the "tomorrow that never was" or do a representation of purely hypothetical "vistas". Alien races that may exist, technology that borders on the magical, far flung transportation or a Jules Verne, H.G. Wells vision of things. Without a defining, overall thread to tie it all together, we will get what we have. Toy Story never went to space, but it's in TL. Monster Inc. in TL? In DL maybe an Iron Man attraction? Individually, they all may be great, but together, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

ctxak98

The entire Universal company never gets enough credit IMO, besides their films and television shows, especially from Disney fans. You'll almost never see that, and if one does praise Universal, there will always be 5-10 more people posting negative comments. It's a shame, really. Disney made a mistake passing up on Potter. I'm curious to know how it'll do in Hollywood.

As much as I love going to Universal...and I do, I do think some of the quality you talk about could be better. Just in little things like poseidons fury and the ripsaw falls somethings look fake or cheesy. Overall though its a beautiful park. I Especially love the feel of Jurassic Park and Potter. However I wish JP would update there AA's...they look Old...

PurpleRose

As much as I love going to Universal...and I do, I do think some of the quality you talk about could be better. Just in little things like poseidons fury and the ripsaw falls somethings look fake or cheesy. Overall though its a beautiful park. I Especially love the feel of Jurassic Park and Potter. However I wish JP would update there AA's...they look Old...

DH and I will probably make a visit when we head to Orlando in Jan. I haven't been to Uni since....1993. DH has never been. I'll miss Back to the Future (and hate that Brad never got to see it) but he'll be happy to see The Simpsons. Last time I was there, the overall park looked fake and cheesy. It'll be interesting to see an update to quality.

yeti

My question is, why base it solely on Iron Man when the real cash cow/ buzzworthy franchise right now is The Avengers? Just thematic integrity?

alphac2005

My assumption, just pure speculation based on Disney's track record, is that they wanted to "Disneyfy" Harry Potter way too much with the aforementioned meet and greets and assorted junk. Plus, J.K. Rowling wanted control over her property, which is something Disney probably wouldn't come to terms with. All of the leaked stories pointed to that as one of the sticking points. At least you can say Universal on here with some acceptance from a few that they really do have a quality product because there was virtually no one just a few years ago that would even go that far.

cheezbat

I'm sure the Iron Man ride will be cool, but I'm sad that it's like some of you have said: continuing the thematic mess that is Tomorrowland.

What's even more sad is that this will be a big awesome addition to DL, and once again the MK will miss out.
If Disney is going Marvel in the parks, they need to GO ALL THE WAY and buy out the Marvel rights from Uni in Florida. Then maybe well get a new toy E-ticket for either MK or DHS...

And Universal will get more money to build an awesome new land to replace Marvel Superhero Island.

bubbles1812

I'm sure the Iron Man ride will be cool, but I'm sad that it's like some of you have said: continuing the thematic mess that is Tomorrowland.

What's even more sad is that this will be a big awesome addition to DL, and once again the MK will miss out.
If Disney is going Marvel in the parks, they need to GO ALL THE WAY and buy out the Marvel rights from Uni in Florida. Then maybe well get a new toy E-ticket for either MK or DHS...

And Universal will get more money to build an awesome new land to replace Marvel Superhero Island.

I wonder how much of a price tag universal would put on the marvel rights. I assume it'd be a pretty astronomical sum (which I wouldn't blame universal for doing at all) especially given the success of avengers. I think the time has come and gone when Disney could have reached out to universal about it. No way they give their competitor such a lucrative property without being offered billions (yes, I really mean that...if the LOTR rights are set at billions, no reason for universal to not ask for that)

Californian Elitist

Marvel at Universal isn't going anywhere. Why would they give up one of the main contributors of their market? I'd even bet Disney is just fine with being forbidden to use Marvel in Florida. They can freely use Marvel in all the other resorts. Why pay billions just to be able to have it in one other resort?

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, I know I sorta started this thread and all ... but can someone bring me up to date on what has been discussed in 40 pages?!?!? I need a tutorial ... now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom