X-Box or Playstation 2

X-Box or Playstation 2

• X-Box

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Playstation 2

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Wait for the newer versions to come out.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Quit being selfish and donate the money to charity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
I am seriously contemplating purchasing a game system for myself. My last system was a Nintendo 64, and I currently use the computer to play Madden NFL 2004. Which system would you choose and why?

Not For Sale

Well if money is no object I would say buy the Sony PSP. In case you haven't heard of it it's slightly worse graphics than the PS2. HANDHELD. Oh yeah, it's $350.

Number_6

I would go with the PS2. It has a larger games library(especially if you count all the old PSOne titles) and also, I despise the controller layout for the X-Box.

doop

I like XBox because it is much more dependable. My PS2 stopped reading discs only two years after I bought it, but my XBox is still going strong. Plus, Halo 2 is coming out for XBox, so there's a reason by itself to get an XBox. :D
Number_6 said:
I would go with the PS2. It has a larger games library(especially if you count all the old PSOne titles) and also, I despise the controller layout for the X-Box.
You can buy the S controller for the XBox if the original controller is too big for you.

Slipknot

Love the PS2. But some games have got me leaning towards an X-Box. A few games is not a good reason to blow over $300 (X-Box + the few games I like and am looking forward to = More money than I have or will in the near future.). :(

JackSkellington

This could be a long post but very detailed.
I have a PS2, Cube, and an Xbox in a few days (I hope)
The choice is yours but there are major differences between each system and its games.
PS2: Its big draws are its Final Fantasy and all other knock-off RPG games. Only the PS2 has the best (In my opinion) Square-Enix has made almost all its games (with the exception of Crystal Chronicles) for the PS2. Also Kingdom Hearts is one of the biggest draws to the PS2. And KH2 is coming out in early 2005. And as posted above the PSP (Playstation Portable) is going to be Sony's new handheld device to battle it out with Nintendo's Nintendo DS. The PSP info is not relaay clear but you are supposedly able to hook it into the PS2 for memory card data or something. Graphics are good, not the best. Also controller layout, I don't care how it is constructed for my hands but some people do. It is your personal opinion here.
Xbox: One word HALO and HALO2 (Nov. 9) these are the biggest games produced and to be produced. Big draws to the Box are shooters mainly, James Bond, War scenario games, sports games usually have better graphics.
It is for a bit more mature audience with its games. The PS2 is for teen and up, and the cube is for a much younger audience.

Both have internet capability, however the Xbox has it already installed in it, you have to buy one for the PS2 ($40). The PS2 is NOT multiplayer friendly. I have never been able to have the multiplayer fun that I have had with the Xbox. So fair warning. Xbox is way more internet friendly with headsets to "communicate" with your "friends". But really its a way to scream at your opponent with out anyone hearing what you gotta say. Nuff' said so be warned, other than I have no more to say.

tigsmom

We have a PS2, everyone loves it. We have games for the kids & parents. I can't play it because the graphics make me dizzy. :lol:
I'd say go with whatever one gives you the best deal & has the games you want.

se8472

I have to go with the PS2 on teh grounds that its controls are smaller.

In case you a pondering why that would matter, I have small hands. It was weird with a xbox controller

WDWFREAK53

se8472 said:
I have to go with the PS2 on teh grounds that its controls are smaller.

In case you a pondering why that would matter, I have small hands. It was weird with a xbox controller

Are you a carnie? Do you smell like cabbage?

FigmentJedi

Go for PS2. It has a wide selection of games and has Kingdom Hearts for crying out loud. Now what I've heard about PSP, the battery life is different for each game put in it as it takes battery life to spin the disk and also to have the neat graphics. For the next gen portable, I think DS would be better.

Testtrack321

Not For Sale said:
Well if money is no object I would say buy the Sony PSP. In case you haven't heard of it it's slightly worse graphics than the PS2. HANDHELD. Oh yeah, it's $350.

It's cheaper than that, but it won't come out this year, nor is it tested at all. From what I hear, even the people in Sony have no idea what they want this to become, a video device, a game device, a music device? Many people belive that Sony is taking a HUGE price hit (as in they lose tons of money on the device per unit) just so they can make up for the lackluster game line-up and bad battery life.

The batter life is 4-5 hours, price is $195. The Nintendo DS is 10+ hours for $150 (plus it comes with built in chat program and a multi-level demo of Metroid Prime Hunters).

As for a choice between those two, look at the games.

Horizons1

Well I would say get a Gamecube, second best consle out there right now. But if you are only gonna choose between PS2 or Xbox, go Xbox. To simply sum up why you should get an Xbox, I will tell you in one word. Halo 2
Not to mention all the other great games and Xbox live. As well as being able to copy your music to the Xbox and being able to choose it as the BGM in some games. But then again Gamecube is still a pretty good choice.

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
I'd basically be using it to play Madden 2005 and James Bond games. I'm leaning towards Xbox because it is a Microsoft product.

Figment1986

Halo is the Main reason for X-box... and wuith Halo 2.. I want one...
(im worse.. my last system was super nintendo... I also have nice new computer... but nothing for great games..)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom