X-Box or Playstation 2

X-Box or Playstation 2

• X-Box

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Playstation 2

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Wait for the newer versions to come out.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Quit being selfish and donate the money to charity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

imagineer99

X-Box is by FAR the superior console.

Online ability, a harddrive, and just stronger "guts" make it a MUCH superior machine.

Understand, though, that a high-end PC will ALWAYS produce the best graphics. Also, all companies will be producing next-generation consoles probably in time for the holiday season next year.

That said--HALO 2. Playstation doesn't have it, X-Box does.;)

Figment1986

How can anyone not rate GTA or Halo... (I have GTA VC on vcomputer... looking for san andreas..)

I will be going towards X-box then PS2... or X-box 2 and PS3 then

nikejt23

from having both systems ........ I would have to choose Playstation 2 because of its vast game library and FREE on-line gaming. I did have to send in my playstation 2 to get service on after owning it for almost 3 years because there was no sound coming out of it. :fork:

The only thing i like about the x-box would have to be the hard drive that comes with the system. oh yeah and halo :cool:

Legacy

I prefer PS2 primarily for the library of games. It doesn't matter how good the hardware is if there isn't anything spectacular to use it for. Yeah, XBox has the Halo games, and Fable seems to be a winner, but as far as exclusives go PS2 has much more variety and much better games IMHO. Also, Viewtiful Joe 2 is coming out for PS2 beginning of next year, Final Fantasy XII is scheduled to be release, and Kingdom Hearts II is to be released soon as well. It comes down to the library, and PS2's is larger, more diversified, and better.

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
Well, I appreciate the feedback that you all have given me. As of now, I have decided to wait until next year when it is rumored that the newer consoles will be coming out. I'd hate to invest in a console right now and games for it to be obsolete within a year.

From the online rumors, Playstation 3 will likely cost a GREAT deal of money. I'm still leaning towards an Xbox.

JonnyK

I like both.. but

However PS2 have alot amount of games out than xbox does.. but xbox is also fun and fewer good games out.

Id go with PS2, I prefer xbox.. but I prefer both :p

yodasmith

XBOX is by far superior, as i said above. but i had the opportunity to pick up halo 2 yesterday, so i jumped on it. the game is by far amazing. well worth picking up an xbox by it's self.

Dizknee_Phreek

I have PS2 mainly because of game selection (and because I wanted a DVD player in my room without having to find room for it...if that makes sense). Really I think it depends on what games you're interested in. For the most part, it seems like most games are offered on both. But Pirates of the Caribbean, for example, is not offered on PS2 (which highly upsets me). But, as far as I know, the Grand Theft Auto games are offered on PS2 but not X-Box (unless that's changed since the last time I checked).
My advice is to pay no heed to graphics...every console will have its weak points and strong points in that department. Instead, do some research, see what games are for which console, and see what interests you most based on that. Hope that helps :)

imagineer99

X-box currently has GTA 3 and Vice City.:) (two of the most OVERATED games ever made).

Boring and repetitive is how I would describe them. Not to mention the fact that they are SO limited by being originally designed for an inferior system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom