WS Japanese resturant

Pixiedust1393

Original Poster
Has anybody been to the Japanese resturant in Epcot? Is it worth trying? How hard is it to get in there w/ or w/out a reservation?

bhg469

its not a really really long wait with a reservation. its good food and the entertainment value is worth it. if you have a shogun near you its very similiar though.

lawyergirl77

The food is very good at the Teppanyaki grill, so I would recommend going there... HOWEVER, you really do need a reservation if you want to go for dinner (for lunch, you can practically just walk on in). It's one of the most popular restaurants at WS, and I almost didn't get a PS when I went last May, and I was reserving it on day 2 of my 10-day vacation!

dvcnut39

Pixiedust1393 said:
Has anybody been to the Japanese resturant in Epcot? Is it worth trying? How hard is it to get in there w/ or w/out a reservation?

We've eaten at both Teppanyaki's and Yakitori House. If you want a good high price meal, eat at Teppanyaki's, if you want a quality budget meal, eat at Yakitori House. Can't go wrong at either place.

Pioneer Hall

I have never eaten there, because to me it is just like every other japanese hibachi restuarant. I like the fast food restaurant in Japan though.

Epcot82Guy

MommytoMJM said:
Kiku Tempura is also very good!

I second that. I actually find Kiku to be a GREAT place for lunch. It is light, fairly quick, and a nice alternative to getting traditional counter service. Very good tempura, too. I believe they still take PS there, as well.

Also, I would NOT suggest Tempura Kiku for groups larger than 4 that have children. You sit at the bar, so it is not a table-like atmosphere. This can be unique for adults, but children tend to get a bit fussy I've noticed. Just a fair warning.

WeLComeHomE OKW

I love it...definately worth trying! Its one of my favorite places to go during my trips. :slurp: It is expensive...but what isnt. Its not too hard to get reservations, but its prob easier just to call in advance or if u go in the morning....reserve it then and go back later. They get pretty busy at their peak hours. Hope you enjoy it if you go! :)

bhg469

it never fails i check this website in the morning and it makes me hungry. now i want some tempura and a california roll.

cjb-nc

If you want to pay for the Epcot Japan experience, then its a good restaurant. You will pay for the location though. In my opinion, they have little to offer over any other Teppanyaki restaurant anywhere else in the country.

For example, Kobe Steakhouse is a chain of Japanese Teppanyaki restaurants in the Orlando area. I've been to one or two of them. The food and the show are just as good. The prices, well...

Chicken - Kobe = $11, Epcot = $19
Shrimp - Kobe = $13, Epcot = $23
Filet Mignon - Kobe = $17, Epcot = $30
(based on menus for both locations found on the web)

Edeyore

dvcnut39 said:
We've eaten at both Teppanyaki's and Yakitori House. If you want a good high price meal, eat at Teppanyaki's, if you want a quality budget meal, eat at Yakitori House. Can't go wrong at either place.

I agree whole heartedly. Yakitori House has really nice atmosphere if you
eat outside after dark.

TinkerBell9988

I HIGHLY recommend any restaurant in the Japan Pavillion!!! They are some of my favorites, especially Mitsukoshi. Try to get a table next to the window that overlooks World Showcase during Illuminations:Reflections of Earth. What a view!!!

wannabeBelle

Pixiedust1393 said:
I LOVE Teppanyaki Grill!!!! Good food and entertaining as well!!! Belle

tomm4004

cjb-nc said:
If you want to pay for the Epcot Japan experience, then its a good restaurant. You will pay for the location though. In my opinion, they have little to offer over any other Teppanyaki restaurant anywhere else in the country.
I guess the thing is though that if you are actually at EPCOT and are hungry, it doesn't make sense to get in your car, drive all the way into Orlando for lunch/dinner, then drive all the way back to EPCOT. :)

MommytoMJM

Epcot82Guy said:
Also, I would NOT suggest Tempura Kiku for groups larger than 4 that have children. You sit at the bar, so it is not a table-like atmosphere. This can be unique for adults, but children tend to get a bit fussy I've noticed. Just a fair warning.

We were seated at a table when we went a couple months ago....

shoppingnut

Teppanyaki grill is lots of fun for the kids, the chef's are very entertaining and will perform more so if children are seated around the grill. It is very similar to Benihana that we have here in the NE. The food is great and the children certainly won't be bored.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that if you are allergic to shell fish, it is not a place for you, since they cook all the items ordered on one large grill surface and there is cross-contamination.

slappy magoo

I only went to Teppanyaki once, and it was a while ago. I remember being really satisfied by the food. The only reason I never went back is that there are very good hibachi restaurants in my neck of the woods, with chefs who are, IMHO, just as entertaining and skilled as the ones at Epcot. The price difference really isn't even that much of a difference around here compared to Epcot. I just can get hibachi any time I want, so I forget about going to Teppanyaki, as nice as it is.

If you don't have hibachi around you, I'd recommend Teppanyaki wholeheartedly, with the exception of people who are in a mad rush to see absolutely everything. The meal is part-show, all-slow. It's not a place meant for people who like to eat and run. You get some antsy kids (or adults for that matter) in your party, they're only going to stress you out because they want to just get going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom