WOW!! I never thought I'd see this happen

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Original Poster
:ROFLOL:Ok so yeah I was just bashed by someone who pretty much thought Epcot was a holyland and that Disney is a god lol all because I like the Simpsons

Now dont get me wrong,I love WDW in all ways but when someone is going to bash me and my liking of a cartoon that in fun spoofed WDW thats waaayyyy too much

I know that Epcot was built as a memorial to Disneys last dream and in his hopes to change the world...and lets think realistically thats not gonna happen..but this girl strongly believed...better yet,definitively believed this place was going to change the world

she then decided to invite more people in to try and bash me as well.

I tried explaining that not everyone is going to share her POV only to have her go into shock at how someone who knows Epcot so well could only look at it as a "theme park"

anyhow WOW I'm a bit amused right now

I never thought someone could like Disney too much,I have just been proved wrong,VERY wrong

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
this girl strongly believed...better yet,definitively believed this place was going to change the world

so you mean.... awww this is bad news about the tooth fairy too then isn't it :veryconfu :animwink:

(btw, I don't watch the Simpson's, so I don't know what I missed)

lilphil6487

I loved that episode! It was so funny. There was the Enron Ride of Broken Dreams and then the one with the electric car and you see robotic eastern airlines planes attacking people lol. Honestly it shouldnt be taken as offensive. It was all in good fun plus they featured some classic stuff like the home of the future from DL and the building that the teacher pageant( or something like that) was in was Horizons.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I found it side splitting funny!

If you can't poke fun at something - then it can't be taken seriously either.

And since one of the greatest cartoons still on TV paid homage to Disney, by making fun of Disney - well, they've done something right! :sohappy:

chels26

i am obsessed with disney. i also happen to be a long time fan of the simpsons. and i think that episode is really funny. i ALSO think the family guy episode spooffing WDW is funny, too. Sometimes people are a little too obsessed with things and now a days people get offended by everything. If you can't laugh at something like a silly cartoon than ... get a grip!

MeTa

I found it side splitting funny!

If you can't poke fun at something - then it can't be taken seriously either.

And since one of the greatest cartoons still on TV paid homage to Disney, by making fun of Disney - well, they've done something right! :sohappy:

I agree, I always find the spoofs funny. It is on youtube, but I didnt know if it were proper to post. Just search "simpsons disney"

maggiegrace1

I just do not get the Simpsons..

I have not watched the episode you are talking about ..I have maybe watched a few minutes of The Simpsons ever and thought is was annoying as all hell...

Oh well...

pacochran

I have not watched the episode you are talking about ..I have maybe watched a few minutes of The Simpsons ever and thought is was annoying as all hell...

Oh well...

I whole heartly agree on this. Never got the Simpsons, never will, never will watch, don't think it's funny at all.

DisneyWood

Simpsons are great

I don't have the time to watch all the episodes of the Simpson's, and I also have young impressioable children. I watch what I can, and I always laugh at the writers come up w/ clever spoofs or one-liners.

I enjoy the Simpsons, but also take it for what it is - a freakin' cartoon. If you get offended by this, don't watch it. I think South Park is a lot worse than the Simpsons, so I have made the choice to never watch it.

svickersart

The Simpsons pokes fun at Disney all the time, almost every episode, even in the Simpsons movie they make fun of Disney. It's almost like looking ofr hidden Mickey's, what will they do next. They also poke fun at FOX on a regular basis, thats what they do, poke fun at everyone. Family guy had a star wars episode on last night, it was quite funny, Simpsons has had some fun with star wars also and another show on comedy central recently did a star wars episode and at the end of family guy they made fun of themselves for doing a star wars episode. You can get mad at them for this but spoof is a form of flattery and its publicity they dont have to pay for. Keep your name in the press is what its all about, if Simpsons wants to promote Disney let them, its all in good fun. In fact Simpsons make fun of a lot of famous people and most if not all of them do their own voices on the show, its like you made it in show business if you get to be on Simpsons.

sweetpee_1993

Oh well...

I'm with you. Years and years back when "The Scrimps" (as my friends all called it) started out I watched about 10 minutes of an episode. I didn't get it. I found it irritating so I turned the channel to something interesting. My gramma swears that show has been the downfall of today's youth. I don't know about all that, but it's not my cup of tea.

I haven't seen the episode in question but I take a lot of ribbing from family and friends for my Disney-Freak behavior. I'm okay with it. There's worse things to be fixated on...right???

To the OP, don't let this chick get to you. That's what she wants. Let it slide. There's people who go a bit too far in everything in life. Best to let it slide and feel your overwhelming normal-ness. :animwink:

maggiegrace1

I'm with you. Years and years back when "The Scrimps" (as my friends all called it) started out I watched about 10 minutes of an episode. I didn't get it. I found it irritating so I turned the channel to something interesting. My gramma swears that show has been the downfall of today's youth. I don't know about all that, but it's not my cup of tea.
It is just not funny...at all.
I really do not get it....:shrug: but I do not like Family Guy or South Park or any of those kind of shows either sooo....

Wilt Dasney

There's really no comparison between the show when it started and what it evolved into. The early episodes look like a completely different series.

(None of which means you'd like the show as it currently exists, just that you've never really seen it if your only experience is based on when it started.) :lol:

Dragonrider1227

I can't be offended when shows like the Simpsons or Family Guy make fun of Disney because those shows make fun of everything! And sometimes, I think Epcot COULD change the world if people gave it the chance.

hcswingfield

If Disney wasn't great, others wouldn't be spoofing it. I think the Simpsons are hilarious (most of the time). And I love Disney. Most humor is just that to me - humor - and I don't let it offend me.

i havent seen it yet...guess i will have to go to youtube and check it out and see what all the fuss is about....although i am sure it pokes fun of us DISNEY nuts and WDW enthusiasts......((we are a particular odd bunch if you really think about it)):ROFLOL::ROFLOL: I doubt it will offend me. :lol::lol:

Wilt Dasney

I havent been able to find it on Youtube...if anyone manages to, how about posting a link? There's nothing blasphemous in it, as I recall from seeing it before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom