Wouldn't it kind of suck if...

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
you're in your 2nd or 3rd day of vacation and find out there's a hurricane coming right to disney? Sure, this most likely won't happen since the parks are just out of the range of major hurricanes, but still, the evacuation would be massive. What kind of apology would you like to see disney give you if this did happen?

I'd say at the least a free vacation for x amount of days. After all, it's not like they're giving it to the whole world, just to those who had to go through the hassle of mass evacuations.

Granted, they track these type of storms all the time now, so like I said, the chances of this happening aren't overly high. I just picture this happening to the Griswolds, and since I was watching Vacation the other day this came to mind.

DisneyDebNJ

You`re joking, right?

It`s an act of god. It happens. People elsewhere could die.

exactly right. If (and a very big IF) a resort, out of kindness offered anything at all, is one thing, but Acts of God are covered in insurance policies. When Hurricane Fran hit the Orlando area in the 90s, we had ressies at Royal Plaza Hotel. They lost their roof, hotel would not be open for our arrival date. We did get our down payment back, but had to scramble to find another hotel. Disney resorts were OK, (I believe minute water damage in a few places), and they were good to go.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
A hurricane would be...shall we say, a bit of a bummer.

I'm not sure Disney can be held liable for an Act of God. :shrug:

obviously it's not their fault when a natural occurrence happens, but at the same time it would be great PR to do some type of compensation for a vacation that costs many people a lot of saving up to go on. I'm not saying an entire free vacation, but maybe a discount on the meal plan (or a free meal plan) for a certain number of days. Just something like that which will cut down the costs for their next vacation. I know if I got some type of compensation I'd definitely tell people how great they are for doing so. Just look at Sony, they didn't have to offer free games when their playstation network got hacked and was down for a month, but they did and people liked them for it (well if you already had the offered games it sort of sucked, but disney wouldn't have to worry about that).

miles1

We're going next month. I'm not a worrier, but I'd be more concerned about a hurricane hitting here at home while we're in Florida, since we're leaving pets, elderly parents, and our home unattended.

If one should hit Florida during our visit it would certainly suck, but all I would expect from Disney is to keep us safe. My understanding is that they do a very good job of doing that.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
We're going next month. I'm not a worrier, but I'd be more concerned about a hurricane hitting here at home while we're in Florida, since we're leaving pets, elderly parents, and our home unattended.

If one should hit Florida during our visit it would certainly suck, but all I would expect from Disney is to keep us safe. My understanding is that they do a very good job of doing that.

yeah, I never thought of how it would be if it hit at home when you're away. Though, it is great when you're in florida and turn on the weather channel to see feet of snow back home and you promptly text all the people from home to tell them how nice it is in florida.

Jakester

It would be fun, but as long as no-one gets hurt. I didnt try to sound like a jerk. I remember the aftermath of Hurricane Charley, We didnt have electricity for 6days.

chatsworth

Disney should not be required to apologies for an act of God...if they did what would they say, "umm, sorry, we couldn't control the weather (God??)" ?? Ridiculous...if you're worried take out travel insurance...otherwise, just accept it as another of life's adventures, thank God you are all safe and don't plan your vacation to Disney during hurricane season next time.

DisneyDebNJ

Disney should not be required to apologies for an act of God...if they did what would they say, "umm, sorry, we couldn't control the weather (God??)" ?? Ridiculous...if you're worried take out travel insurance...otherwise, just accept it as another of life's adventures, thank God you are all safe and don't plan your vacation to Disney during hurricane season next time.

Well said, couldn't have said it better myself :wave:

SteveUK

"What kind of apology...?"

Not even sure if I have the energy to start picking apart all that is wrong in that statement. Doesn't an apology require some admission of responsibility?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
you're in your 2nd or 3rd day of vacation and find out there's a hurricane coming right to disney? Sure, this most likely won't happen since the parks are just out of the range of major hurricanes, but still, the evacuation would be massive. What kind of apology would you like to see disney give you if this did happen?

I'd say at the least a free vacation for x amount of days. After all, it's not like they're giving it to the whole world, just to those who had to go through the hassle of mass evacuations.

Granted, they track these type of storms all the time now, so like I said, the chances of this happening aren't overly high. I just picture this happening to the Griswolds, and since I was watching Vacation the other day this came to mind.
How about:

Dear Guest,

We apologize that you have an entitlement mentality and have drank the koolaid of social engineering, but we don't control the weather.
:drevil:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't want to get into a religious argument
Good idea. The phrase `act of god` was said in the often quoted sense, not the literal sense.

Guests are held in the resorts. Free Disney TV is piped through. If I recall, charactars entertain and food is discounted or more.

Think of the cast members who work through these storms, with their property and loved ones in the same area.

It happens. Disney don`t need any publicity.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Good idea. The phrase `act of god` was said in the often quoted sense, not the literal sense.

Guests are held in the resorts. Free Disney TV is piped through. If I recall, charactars entertain and food is discounted or more.

Think of the cast members who work through these storms, with their property and loved ones in the same area.

It happens. Disney don`t need any publicity.

I didn't mean as a publicity stunt, just some public relations, that's all. I think we all know disney doesn't have a switch to change the weather (though it would be amazing if they did), I just mean as a way to show they still acknowledge what happened after everyone is home and safe. Really, a thank you for being so compliant with us letter would be enough, just anything to show they care (whether they really do care or not isn't the point, just as long as they make people think they do).

jlevis

Man, can you imagine all of the complaints about the rubble in the parks, the non functioning animatronics, the Yeti's bizarre dance that would appear on this site the day after. :eek:

plaz10

Yes it would suck. But there is no point in worrying that it may or may not happen...like another poster said, it's an act of God.

Not an act of Mickey Mouse. :lol: It's like worrying about rain on your wedding day - yes it would totally suck but you can't prevent acts of God but you can prepare for them (travel insurance!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom