Would you want to have the entire park to yourself?

Would you want to have a WDW park all to yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 72 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tirian

Yup, I'm in Epcot. I normally get to hear the Princess breakfast medley as I come out the Cast gate, and then either the funky Canada music or the cool Innoventions music depending on which way I decide to go to work. And, yeah, pressure washers, horticulture CM's and managers on Segways are about it as far as other living things go at that hour.

I love that time of day! When I have to do some things at Epcot, I occasionally arrive early so that I can walk around World Showcase while everyone is busily preparing for Guests.

Of course, I've also walked through during fertilizer days. It reeks. :hurl:

ZapperZ

I love to be able to get on the attractions with very little wait. However, I realize a long time ago that WDW isn't just "brick and mortar" (even thought the castle doesn't contain a single brick). The essence of what I know as "Walt Disney World" involves the physical building, the attractions, the cast members, AND the guests. Anything missing out of that and it isn't WDW anymore, at least not to me.

Some of my most memorable moments have involved cast members and other guests. These "strangers" have made my visits to this place magical in way even they are not aware of. Even the simplest things, such as a conversation to pass the time while we wait in line to get on Soarin' can be such an enjoyable experience.

Disney World would be empty and would feel hollow without its guest.

Zz.

New2WDW

I'd enjoy throwing a party with a few hundred guests,

Now this would be different! It woould be cool to have the whole park for you and a couple hundred of your closest friends......I would have to find a couple hundred friends thou!:lol:

RenegadeMilkmen

Personally, I think that would actually be pretty scary (especially if it was at night!). Like someone else said, it would kinda feel like a ghost town and it would be so weird seeing nobody else there. Maybe if it was like... 1/2 the people that are normally there, it would be cool. But nobody except you? No way, I'd feel too weird.

As mentioned before, I would like to have the park to myself IF
(a) CMs and Characters still got to be there because w/out them, WDW is nothing
(b) my extended family, friends and my other 300 closest friends :lol: got to come
(c) absolutely NO rides go 101....unless i say so.......:lookaroun

if the above requirements were not met, then give me a golden fastpass :D

nelsonj3

I have heard some people express interest in having a "private party" at a WDW park, wherein they and their party have the entire park just to themselves. Myself, I think that would suck. Sure, you would get on the rides with no problem, but to me, part of the Disney magic is seeing how alive the park is with vacationers from all over the country and the world. Sure, I don't want it to be so packed that the fastpass machines close at noon and I have to stand in huge lines. But the thought of being the only guests there makes is feel like your walking through a ghost town. Personally, I like to hear the chatter of other guests and see other families having a good time. I like to see the family of four, carrying their balloons and stuffed animals. I like to hear the people around me in line talking about what ride they're doing next. I just enjoy the festive atmosphere of thousands of tourists visiting the happiest place on Earth. I would think it would be incredibly boring to walk around all day with no one but you, your party and the employees. What do you all think?

I agree. I have often thought about this about visiting the parks on a particularly crowded day. I always wonder to myself whether or not I would enjoy myself if my wife and I were the only ones in the park. I'm pretty sure it would be really spooky and kind of wierd. :animwink:

I think I just enjoy visiting the parks when there is a light crowd and I can get on most attractions with little or no wait, but there are still other people walking around enjoying themselves.

Buzzforprez

Sure I would, but then again I have. Best ever vacation many moons ago. We were the last 8 people to leave the Magic Kingdom. Got video to prove it. We look completely punch drunk without ever having a drop to drink. Best cast members to lead us out. Security could not have been more accomodating. Video and pics of us on Main Street, alone. You would not believe how loud the background music is when all others are gone. Probably never able to relive that moment again but all the Disney fanatics there that night will cherish those moments to our last days. Could tell how but we may want to do it again sometime.

Hey Bobby & Karen, Lets do it again, this time with the kids!!! Only thing I can think of to make it better than the last time!

Floridafanatic

I think for a couple of days but then bring evryone back in for the atmosphere to return. Although it would be great to hop on some of the rides- dont you love the atmosphere? Everybody is so nice there and without them it would become deserted weird. HMMM toughy!!

Anyone want a chat to me about the parks? Message me!x

jchriscandy

I can't imagine being in the parks without all the thousands of others. Part of the magical experience is getting away from everything else and sharing my time enjoying the parks with other people. No way I would want to miss out on all the people watching.:lookaroun

bgraham34

I would love to have the park to myself. Not just to ride the attractions but so I can take pictures of anything I want and not have anyone in the background.

Edeyore

I'd hate approaching the cast members working the rides if they had to work a special event just for me. I'd prefer front of the line privelages rather than an empty park.

I think this would be best. I don't need the park to myself, but if I could walk up to any ride and say, "Okay, I'm next!", that would be cool. Now that would be an idea for a WDW contest.

browniebee

I think it would be kinda creepy and eerie to have it all to myself/my family. I don't like it when there are huge crowds, but to have nobody else there would be kind of wierd. The crowds in October are nice. Magic Kingdom wasn't crowded nor totally empty Columbus Day weekend last year.

sbkline

Original Poster
I would not like to have the park all to myself. What fun would it be walking around with nothing open (no CMs to run attractions) no food (no CMs to cook) and no stores open to shop in (no CMs to take my money).

Just does not seem like it would be fun....

LOL! I guess I should have made the question more clear. Would you want you and your party to be the only guests there? Naturally, there has to be the hundreds or thousands of employees to man the park. Although with just you and your party, I guess there would only need to be enough restaurant cast members to run the eateries that y'alls plan to eat at that day.

DisneySam

I am really on the fence for this one.

On one hand, I would LOVE having the park all to myself to take pictures and ride the rides [and listen to the ghost host without a room full of talking people.]

On the other hand I enjoy seeing kids in the park and their reaction/ interaction to the rides, shows and characters.

sbkline

Original Poster
I am really on the fence for this one.

On one hand, I would LOVE having the park all to myself to take pictures and ride the rides [and listen to the ghost host without a room full of talking people.]

On the other hand I enjoy seeing kids in the park and their reaction/ interaction to the rides, shows and characters.

Okay, maybe I should have made the initial question even more clear by asking if you would want your entire visit for that day to be just you, your party and the employees. I'm not talking about an hour or two at the end of the night where, hypothetically, you might be the only ones left after having spent the whole day there with the crowds. I, myself, might not mind that experience, just to see what it's like, get on the rides without a problem, etc. So the question is not, "would you want to have a couple hours at the beginning or end of the day in the park by yourself", but "would you want your entire visit to be this way?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom