Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

baymenxpac

I’m gonna be real... I think I’d prefer this over what it was before COVID happened. Honestly it seems to become a more personal experience. I’d absolutely love spacing in queue lines instead of people riding up to my butt.

let's face it: WDW hasn't operated at an enjoyable parks capacity since the '90s. a lot of what becomes the "new normal" in terms of theme park capacity is probably a step forward. in guest experience

also, i love how masks is where some people draw the line. what an arbitrary and silly hill to die on. i'm always impressed at the amount of constitutional scholars we have here that love to scream about their rights. you have a constitutional right to free speech, but not to yell "fire" in a crowded theater where there isn't a fire; you can't recklessly endanger someone else's life.

it's a virus that spreads through asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carriers. if you're not wearing a mask, you could literally kill someone else. i don't understand anyone's thinking on not wearing one. it's pretty much the definition of acting like a petulant child.

danv3

Masks at WDW are certainly far from ideal, but it's actually the advance reservation system that worries me the most. How is that supposed to work at WDW with so many people staying onsite? If I've made an onsite hotel reservation, am I guaranteed to get into the parks on each day of my trip, or is it possible that some days I'd be shut out? And if everyone staying onsite is guaranteed access, where does that leave offsite guests and locals?

The positive I see here is that Shanghai doesn't appear to be using virtual queues.

MagicWDI

I'm going to say no for many reasons. One is paying a premium for half the experience. Another is the large variables of people not obeying the rules put in place. I don't know if I mind the reservation system since I plan and do everything far in advance, but the other regulations seem to dampen the overall experience and I don't mind waiting.

dizneeboy

Disney parks are some of my favorite places in the world but I feel fortunate enough to have visited enough to hold off for awhile. My AP expired at the beginning of the year so I held off renewing. I do appreciate the efforts being made to get back to some level of normalcy but the measures seem like smoke and mirrors to provide a level of comfort more so than actual protection.

One thing no one really talks about is cell phone usage. We take photos, check social media, play games while in line. Some more than others but unless you are consistently disinfecting your phone all day, anything you touch between sanitizing your hands stays/transfers on the phone and recontaminates your hands again if you dont. I was just at the Shanghai park last spring and the phone usage was unreal. Rides, Dining, everyone was on their phones.

That's just one example beyond things like temp screenings not catching A-symptomatic people, etc that put large gathering places like Disney on pause for me for now. I will have to live vicariously through all those who will brave it for now and support the company through things like shop Disney and Disney plus. For those brave souls who venture out, post lots of pics for us and may the odds be ever in your favor! : )

natatomic

People are mostly following the rules...

My point is that anyone saying “yeah...I’d wear a mask in wdw...” has honestly no clue what they’re saying.

Since it’s never been tried...not once...by anyone.

This. I want to laugh at all these people saying, “yeah, I’d totally wear a mask! No big deal!”

Seriously, unless you wear one all day every day as part of your job AND that job is in the hot outdoors, you have absolutely zero clue how miserable that mask is going to feel all day long in the Florida heat.

And as for children under the age of 12, give or take, they complain enough as it is when they are hot and tired (and understandably so, who enjoys being hot and tired?) Add a stifling mask to that mix, and you are just guaranteeing yourself a miserable child.

natatomic

Also, i love how masks is where some people draw the line. what an arbitrary and silly hill to die on. i'm always impressed at the amount of constitutional scholars we have here that love to scream about their rights. you have a constitutional right to free speech, but not to yell "fire" in a crowded theater where there isn't a fire; you can't recklessly endanger someone else's life.

it's a virus that spreads through asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carriers. if you're not wearing a mask, you could literally kill someone else. i don't understand anyone's thinking on not wearing one. it's pretty much the definition of acting like a petulant child.

Um, I think most of us don’t want to wear a mask in Disney because it’s ^{%&$-@ hot. And yes, it’s very much where I draw the line for that reason. I’ll wait until it’s voluntary.

ElvisMickey

This. I want to laugh at all these people saying, “yeah, I’d totally wear a mask! No big deal!”

Seriously, unless you wear one all day every day as part of your job AND that job is in the hot outdoors, you have absolutely zero clue how miserable that mask is going to feel all day long in the Florida heat.

And as for children under the age of 12, give or take, they complain enough as it is when they are hot and tired (and understandably so, who enjoys being hot and tired?) Add a stifling mask to that mix, and you are just guaranteeing yourself a miserable child.

I wear one when I cut my lawn since the grass here in Florida is mixed with that sandy soil that kicks back into your face. And I’m not kidding when I tell you that it takes me maybe 20 minutes to cut the lawn and I seriously can’t wait to rip that thing off my face when I’m done.

seabreezept813

Health concerns aside.. I’d think for the majority of families, Disney is more than the rides. The fireworks, pics in front of the castle without masks, a hug with Mickey. I’m so glad I went last summer and hope we’ll be back summer 21 or 22. My last trip, I came home with norovirus, which sucked, and I got over it. When we can go and know that whatever we take home won’t be severe or kill others, we’ll be ready to be back. We do miss it terribly though!

VaderTron

I disagree, yes I've been to the grocery store plenty of times and first you can't get in without a mask, every store on Philly has personal checking. Next for the most part folks are on board, they are trying to social distance now again you get the occasional person who isn't but really that's because most aren't fully sure of what 6 ft is.
Every supermarket is restricting the number of guests during high traffic times and days (think Saturday 12 noon and all are encouraging only 1person per family and enforcing no more than 2)
Last Saturday the parks were a little packed because it was our first gorgeous weather day so everyone and their mama was outside but even the iconic statue of Rocky had a mask on. 😷

So not sure where you are but we've definitely been following the rules. The biggest discrepancy seems to be whether or not to wear one outside
Nice to know your little corner of the world is so different. Probably safest to stay there. Stories from friends and family all over the country are complete opposite, including in Florida.

aliceismad

Ahh ok got it.
You're right and maybe I have more faith in humanity but I really do think folks will follow the rules about the mask and SD. Well at least they will try. Will we see folks who sit on a bench and pull down their mask?? Absolutely but by in large I think covid 19 has people doing what they should.
I can't imagine anyone simply not caring if their kids get sick or they get I'll.

Just my feeling
I know a lot of people who think they "might as well get it because for most people it's not that bad." Or that since most people are asymptomatic, they won't actually get sick. But they live in places where they don't actually know anyone who has been sick, and they generally are divided about things like wearing masks, eating in restaurants, getting haircuts, etc. I have a friend in Idaho who was teased/mocked for wearing a mask in a grocery store. I have another friend in New York who got covid and, although thankfully not hospitalized, spent three weeks in bed unable to work or even breathe well. (She's in her 30s.)

The thing about this virus is that many Americans have only been inconvenienced by it. A large segment has been economically impacted by it. And a much smaller segment have been directly affected in their own health or the health of a friend/neighbor/loved one. I think people's willingness to adhere to CDC or other guidelines is colored by their own location, experience, and perception.

jmp85

Masks will be a deal breaker for me. I go to Disney to escape reality and be happy. Seeing everyone walk down Main Street with masks would probably shatter my escape from reality pretty quickly. Some of the other restrictions don't quite scream "magical getaway" either.

We go 2-3 times per year, but we will wait out the masks even if that means waiting until sometime in 2021.

VaderTron

I disagree, yes I've been to the grocery store plenty of times and first you can't get in without a mask, every store on Philly has personal checking. Next for the most part folks are on board, they are trying to social distance now again you get the occasional person who isn't but really that's because most aren't fully sure of what 6 ft is.

1st grade math test required for entry to WDW CONFIRMED!!!

VaderTron

People are mostly following the rules...

My point is that anyone saying “yeah...I’d wear a mask in wdw...” has honestly no clue what they’re saying.

Since it’s never been tried...not once...by anyone.

I wore a mask while doing some cleaning for an elderly friend of the family. It was 74°F and my upper lip was covered in sweat in about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, many if not most will be wearing a tissue thin mask like most people you see around the community. They probably won't have a problem because those things let everything through and are quite breathable. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom