Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
But isn't the right to complain one of your amendments ?

Yes, but it's also the right of others to point out how they have done it to themselves. It wont change until they act to change those who have put them in that state.

Noble goals and good intentions ... "Hell is full of good intentions or desires." Saint Bernard of Clairvaux from almost a thousand years ago still rings true.

TrojanUSC

Well, if we consider that C-19 has a mortality rate of 0.00007% in everybody under 80 and without underlying conditions, it's not much of a death wish to be completely honest.

Not only are you wrong, you're not taking into account the fact that many, many young seemingly healthy people are being sent to the hospital with this virus - they just pull through more. If we overwhelm hospitals, they can't get treatment. Further, with asymptomatic spread, there is no way to "single out" those who are older or those with pre-existing conditions (many of whom don't even know they have said conditions). They still must have some contact with people who are from the "outside world." It's why seniors who haven't left their retirement homes in years are dying in droves and jails are riddled with this disease.

None of this speaks to the seemingly serious underlying heart and lung conditions that young healthy people are facing.

Amused to Death

So I’m back from the grocery where I wore a mask for about 45 minutes. What I’ve concluded is that masks are a total non-starter for WDW. They might enforce it for the first couple of days, but guests just won’t be able to do it all the time in that heat. No chance.
Looking at images coming out of Universal CityWalk today, it appears some of those people lasted even fewer than your 45 minutes. :(

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just can't see how it would be fun having to wear a mask and having to see everyone else wearing a mask. What fun would it be to have pictures like that? Then having to worry about all these social distancing things? Sorry, but even if it is Disney World it's not what I would consider fun. I'll wait.
I agree, but to each their own :)

It looks like the mask thing is going to happen. According to the contract between the union and Disney announced today masks will be required for both workers and guests plus other social distancing measures. It’s happening. Whether they enforce the rule is another question.

celluloid

Looking at images coming out of Universal CityWalk today, it appears some of those people lasted even fewer than your 45 minutes. :(

Today was a nice day for a local too. Just imagine how they will do when they are not locally conditioned to the climate, there are more people than there is indoor capacity, lightning storms and real feel of 30 degrees more.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Then I’ll give you advice:

Calm down. Lack of entertainment sucks but will not affect you longterm. This too shall pass.

And on the bright side: these parks are going to BLOW for awhile. You won’t want to be there.

Disney knows this...hence the crickets from the management. They are as motivated to open as a turtle is to cross the road.
Not so much a lack of entertainment as much as I need to go somewhere that makes me content.

Spent thousands and thousands of dollars to attend college for 4 years because my father promised me I could take over the touring children’s theatre family business if I got a degree. My life was going to be set. Dream job and everything.

Then coronavirus comes along and what do I get? A drive-thru graduation ceremony that nobody attended, the family business shut down in the toilet because schools won’t have artist n’ residencies anymore, a useless college degree, a potentially cancelled AND delayed senior trip, and a delayed wedding after promising my fiancé that I’d be able to take care of her.

So yea. The one and only thing I’m asking for right now is to be able to go to Magic Kingdom, sit on a park bench, eat a Mickey bar, and reminisce about my good childhood memories at Disney and escape the rest of the world. Mask or not.

celluloid

Not so much a lack of entertainment as much as I need to go somewhere that makes me content.

Spent thousands and thousands of dollars to attend college for 4 years because my father promised me I could take over the touring children’s theatre family business if I got a degree. My life was going to be set. Dream job and everything.

Then coronavirus comes along and what do I get? A drive-thru graduation ceremony that nobody attended, the family business shut down in the toilet because schools won’t have artist n’ residencies anymore, a useless college degree, a potentially cancelled AND delayed senior trip, and a delayed wedding after promising my fiancé that I’d be able to take care of her.

So yea. The one and only thing I’m asking for right now is to be able to go to Magic Kingdom, sit on a park bench, eat a Mickey bar, and reminisce about my good childhood memories at Disney and escape the rest of the world. Mask or not.

On the flip side, it sounds like you have a good deal still potentially when things get better. Some will not have that. I do not know everything but I understand your frustration to some degree for sure. hope for the best for you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

On the flip side, it sounds like you have a good deal still potentially when things get better. Some will not have that. I do not know everything but I understand your frustration to some degree for sure. hope for the best for you.
#veryfirstworldproblems

I feel for near every inconvenience...and that’s NOT my normal mindset...I agree it does suck.

Except the “I promised my fiancée I’d be able to take care of her”

Woah...2020...definitely not the time to not require self sufficiency. Bad move. I’ll die on this hill.

But it still sucks. However that matters not to Disney’s legal and longterm business interests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It looks like the mask thing is going to happen. According to the contract between the union and Disney announced today masks will be required for both workers and guests plus other social distancing measures. It’s happening. Whether they enforce the rule is another question.
I’ve yet to see an agreement in contention that Disney does not get their way with.

Typically not worth the paper in practical terms

VaderTron

It can be avoided by staying home and not going to theme parks during a pandemic.
...Which is the second part of what I said. "We just hope to stay out of the way of that wave!" The second wave cannot be avoided means that it is inevitable, regardless of what we individually do. Best to prepare for that inevitability and take precautions as you seem to agree should be done.

Lilofan

At this point, fighting and screaming about it is just that. Since the union agreed, the company does have the right to give out discipline to cast if they do not follow what is required of them. In turn, the policy of wearing masks by guests is enforceable and oversee by the cast.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At this point, fighting and screaming about it is just that. Since the union agreed, the company does have the right to give out discipline to cast if they do not follow what is required of them. In turn, the policy of wearing masks by guests is enforceable and oversee by the cast.
Wdw ops is always eager for confrontations and “strict” on rules. People definitely are More relaxed/spend more that way...historically speaking😉

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Wdw ops is always eager for confrontations and “strict” on rules. People definitely are More relaxed/spend more that way...historically speaking😉
images (17).jpeg

Lilofan

If the operations as you say are not strict which I think they will be, there is always going to be that average Joe tourist that's going to confront fellow guests to wear that mask.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If the operations as you say are not strict which I think they will be, there is always going to be that average Joe tourist that's going to confront fellow guests to wear that mask.
As there will always be the ‘Merican who adamantly resist that...

I’m not unsupportive of the rules...I think they’re logistically impossible in many ways...but not unsupportive.

What I don’t support is the notion that everyone will fall in line and everyone will be all sortsa “ok” with it because of the price and lack of value in the modified daily experience.
So I have a hard time supporting the “That’s that...the cast will enforce this” take on things. They’ve historically enforced almost nothing and that dates back to Anaheim 1955. But they never really needed to...and that’s the new wrinkle. Nothing was ever a “big deal” and caused trouble considering the mass number of people that have walked through over the years. People generally self regulate because of the demographics and PR image as much as anything.

I think a mask and marks on the ground to stand in with Florida’s weather...combined with diminished supply for the price...is a test they’ve never even dreamed of...

Not that simple.

G00fyDad

So I have a hard time supporting the “That’s that...the cast will enforce this” take on things. They’ve historically enforced almost nothing and that dates back to Anaheim 1955. But they never really needed to...and that’s the new wrinkle. Nothing was ever a “big deal” and caused trouble considering the mass number of people that have walked through over the years. People generally self regulate because of the demographics and PR image as much as anything.

In all the years we have gone to Disney I have only experienced ONE time a CM enforced a rule in the parks. One. A couple of women were entering PotC and tried to cut right past everyone just outside the doors. They were stepping over the chains and walking right to the door despite the long line of us outside waiting. The CM stepped up and asked them to go to the rear of the line. They got mad and left. That was the only time we have ever witnessed a CM enforce the rules. We have seen CM's step outside of store fronts and get hit with large clouds of tobacco smoke and they just act like nothing happened. Th CM's will not enforce a mask rule. Ever. This will lead to guest v guest confrontations.

Lilofan

In all the years we have gone to Disney I have only experienced ONE time a CM enforced a rule in the parks. One. A couple of women were entering PotC and tried to cut right past everyone just outside the doors. They were stepping over the chains and walking right to the door despite the long line of us outside waiting. The CM stepped up and asked them to go to the rear of the line. They got mad and left. That was the only time we have ever witnessed a CM enforce the rules. We have seen CM's step outside of store fronts and get hit with large clouds of tobacco smoke and they just act like nothing happened. Th CM's will not enforce a mask rule. Ever. This will lead to guest v guest confrontations.
It's going to happen. If cast are required to wear one, it's certain they will remind the guests to wear one. The ones who want to test the system, roll the dice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom