Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Touchdown

Questionnaire done at time of testing, they are going to want to know your name and address, likely require ID. When you’re out of state, the next question is going to be why are you here and where are you staying.

I would not be surprised if Reedy Creek as a government agency would give them access to the names of anyonewho tests positive and lists a Disney resort as their temporary residence.

corsairk09

On the flip side, it sounds like you have a good deal still potentially when things get better. Some will not have that. I do not know everything but I understand your frustration to some degree for sure. hope for the best for you.
This thing has crapped on so many people. Sorry you are one of them. I am a teacher and my heart breaks for my students who aren't getting graduations. I also just received my Master's....not a huge deal, but I wanted to actually walk so my kids could see that things are possible with hard work..... was very bummed that didn't work out. Hope things get better for you.

Last edited:

jpinkc

I would still go. Firstly, I love being in WDW. It's also my family's favorite place to go (including my daughter, who I thought would outgrow it, but still gets excited about going at 19 years old!)

Second, it's also a mental thing for me. It's a happy place, no matter what. It's a way for me to be out of the real world for a while, no matter what. If I need to wear a mask and do some extra precautions, I would still go.

I am much in the same boat. If its reasonable precautions, I have a trip saved for the 50th which is my wifes 50th birthday, I hope and pray that it looks much different in that time. We did have a trip for end of April planned but we are probably going to skip this year. I hope my sanity holds :)

corsairk09

As there will always be the ‘Merican who adamantly resist that...

I’m not unsupportive of the rules...I think they’re logistically impossible in many ways...but not unsupportive.

What I don’t support is the notion that everyone will fall in line and everyone will be all sortsa “ok” with it because of the price and lack of value in the modified daily experience.
So I have a hard time supporting the “That’s that...the cast will enforce this” take on things. They’ve historically enforced almost nothing and that dates back to Anaheim 1955. But they never really needed to...and that’s the new wrinkle. Nothing was ever a “big deal” and caused trouble considering the mass number of people that have walked through over the years. People generally self regulate because of the demographics and PR image as much as anything.

I think a mask and marks on the ground to stand in with Florida’s weather...combined with diminished supply for the price...is a test they’ve never even dreamed of...

Not that simple.
Right..... logistically an issue. My first thought is how important hydration is in that weather. What we are going to see is people walking around with their masks pulled down under their chin with a water bottle in their hand... drinking or not drinking. I mean.... how do you police that? Say "don't drink so much"? Or "You're not really drinking so pull up your mask?" Just one issue I see.....

My wife and I will not likely be going as some conditions of my employment now restrict it (cruise ships, amusement parks, movie theatres, etc...). My wife is also on immunosuppresents for treating her MS, which in my mind makes it a no go for us even if we were permitted. Some of the rules have kind of sucked, but for the most part we are adapting and enjoying the new and different things we can do (we live in the Adirondacks and have taken up more hiking for example). I hope this all passes in time, whenever that is, but until it does we are simply making due with some different things.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Right..... logistically an issue. My first thought is how important hydration is in that weather. What we are going to see is people walking around with their masks pulled down under their chin with a water bottle in their hand... drinking or not drinking. I mean.... how do you police that? Say "don't drink so much"? Or "You're not really drinking so pull up your mask?" Just one issue I see.....
Ok...so it’s 79 in the Jerz today...lovely sunny day. 45% RH...

As an experiment...i took one of my non-respirator cloth masks out for a spin go look for some landscaping supplies today. 2 30 minute forays...most of it shaded.

Who the hell are they kidding on this mask policy?

And im in my 40s but am a runner...and not averse to outdoor manual labor. Usually once or twice a week.

Who are we kidding? Seriously?

I think the better course is for Disney to design their rules assuming no masks. It’s not gonna work.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

As an experiment...i took one of my non-respirator cloth masks out for a spin go look for some landscaping supplies today. 2 30 minute forays...most of it shaded.

And im in my 40s but am a runner...and not averse to outdoor manual labor. Usually once or twice a week.

I think the better course is for Disney to design their rules assuming no masks. It’s not gonna work.
I rhink disney are in a no win situation. Open sooner with masks and other stipulations and they are " doing it all wrong ".
Open at a later date with less restrictive rules and they have waited too long .

Jrb1979

Just don't go if masks bother you that much. We all want to get back to normal. I'm glad here in Canada we are taking this very slowly. We haven't opened restaurants for other then pickup or delivery. Its frustrating to see so many downplay this and trying to find ways around the mask wearing. The fact that the Union has said masks will be mandatory means it's happening.

RaveOnEd

I am much in the same boat. If its reasonable precautions, I have a trip saved for the 50th which is my wifes 50th birthday, I hope and pray that it looks much different in that time. We did have a trip for end of April planned but we are probably going to skip this year. I hope my sanity holds :)
That will be fantastic to go for your wife's 50th on the 50th! My thinking is that by 2021, most of the precautions will have largely been reduced, keeping more in line with more frequent upkeep and cleaning in areas of the parks. We've always been careful anyway going to theme parks (sanitizer before eating meals, washing hands with soap and water after every few rides, etc.) so for us, wearing some kind of face covering if needed this August (if they're opened up by then) won't be much more of something needed to do. For us, it's being there, no matter what.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just don't go if masks bother you that much. We all want to get back to normal. I'm glad here in Canada we are taking this very slowly. We haven't opened restaurants for other then pickup or delivery. Its frustrating to see so many downplay this and trying to find ways around the mask wearing. The fact that the Union has said masks will be mandatory means it's happening.
You kinda missed my point...masks will be dug at relentlessly all day.

This isn’t shady pines. There will be more face to surface contact. It’s like firing the first volley of a war as you put up the white flag.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I rhink disney are in a no win situation. Open sooner with masks and other stipulations and they are " doing it all wrong ".
Open at a later date with less restrictive rules and they have waited too long .
I’m not arguing with you here...far from it.

I think they are very aware of the dangers in bad PR and that’s why the spokespeople these days are a colony of crickets

Last edited:

aliceismad

I think this is true not just of Disney, but of pretty much every business, school, etc., in the country. Some people will always criticize, regardless.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So you read one unsubstantiated article about 'long-term' effects on the young and now you're out here spreading it like it's the gospel. Why don't you just stay inside for the next few years and let the rest of us live.
The problem is that there’s so little known about this that you can’t really operate without assuming that’s a legit issue.

Just like the Kawasaki ninja syndrome thing in kids.

This is part of a conundrum

Jimmy Thick

I agree...

And there are no valid answers to any of them.

Think they let you “quarantine” in French quarter for a week or two? Delivery services?

Or do you get tossed and a crew In yellow suits with Clorox cannons walk in and blast away?

Or do you have to drink the Clorox?

It’s florida...these are valid questions 🤪

The scariest thing for me would be being in a situation I would have no control over and possibly seeing family members suffer. From that perspective, for me, I'm staying home until some kind of normalcy can be found,

Dan Deesnee

And what if someone in my family can't wear a mask for a medical reason but we are annual passholders? We're just supposed to shrug off the thousands of dollars lost?

Saying just don't go is an extreme oversimplification of this issue.

zengoth

They’ve historically enforced almost nothing and that dates back to Anaheim 1955.
But they do enforce bag checks since 9/11 - i mean, there's no way folks can get around it or barge their way through. True, it's a security op and not normal CMs, but Disney took a stance and twenty years later have constructed permanent structures for this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom