Would you upgrade to a mod. resort if...

NewfieFan

It was only a difference of about $360?

We're planning on ASMusic but we're paying for a fridge for 9 nights and we're upgrading to the regular dining plan b/c we have enough ADRs to justify the cost to upgrade. When you factor in the rental for the fridge and the cost to upgrade the DDP it's only about $360 difference between value and mod. (price based on standard rooms).

So would you make the leap?

We're staying 3 nights at the YC (we love it but can't really justify the cost for anymore than 3 nights). 3 nights should give us a taste of our favorite resort and then we'll be switching over to another resort and we'll be on the free dining package! We'll have 9 nights at the other resort...

Save my $360 and stay at ASMusic (which we like btw) or splurge and try out a mod. for the first time?

LilMommyBug

We actually had this same issue yesterday. We are staying for a week at Pop, and when Free Dining came out - it was about $350 or so to upgrade to a Mod. We just couldn't justify spending that much more on a room (We are those people who just come back to sleep) when we could save that to add to our spending money.

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

If your budget can afford it then I say yes. Our favorite mod is the Dixie Landing/POR. Nicer laid back and just a more relaxed feeling. A ton more pools and good transportation. We were planning to stay at the Music or POP and then we shopped around a little more and was able to upgrade to a mod with the DDP for about $300. This increase fit into our budget and now we are staying at the resort we truly love. We got this deal via AAA and all we are waiting for now is September to come.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

We always consider it worth it to stay at a Moderate resort versus a Value resort.
The difference seems certainly worth it.

Can't say the same for going from a Moderate up to a Deluxe.

Tks.
:)

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Original Poster
We always consider it worth it to stay at a Moderate resort versus a Value resort.
The difference seems certainly worth it.

Can't say the same for going from a Moderate up to a Deluxe.

Tks.

What is worth it, to you? The theming, the water slide, hot tub, a restaurant, etc.?

I'm just trying to justify the cost to upgrade? My husband would like to try something different... but we really like ASMusic and have had no issues there with bussing, teen groups, noise, etc.

My kids are getting to the age where they're enjoying the pool more and I think they would enjoy a water slide.

Just trying to figure out what I'm spending the extra money on...

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

What is worth it, to you? The theming, the water slide, hot tub, a restaurant, etc.?
....Just trying to figure out what I'm spending the extra money on...

Some tangible things. We like the larger room. The refrigerator. The two sinks. Don't use the hot tub or pool but they are available. Much better landscaping and overall design. Better food court.
Some intangible things. Seems more quiet and serene. Less hustle and less of a production line feeling. May be imaginary but seems like you are treated a little better by the staff. Better bus stop waiting areas. More of a home feel.

IMHO

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I'm just trying to justify the cost to upgrade? My husband would like to try something different... but we really like ASMusic and have had no issues there with bussing, teen groups, noise, etc.

My kids are getting to the age where they're enjoying the pool more and I think they would enjoy a water slide.

Just trying to figure out what I'm spending the extra money on...

So, you are looking at $40 per day, or $10 per person per day.

To me that is worth it. That way I don't have to deal with the motel six feel of the values coupled with the reminds me of college dining hall feel of the food court.

Don't get me wrong, the values are not bad, but moderates (and deluxe) are nicer. My kids are also pool people so that makes a difference.

Some people will say they would rather spend that $360 on other stuff, and maybe they will. To me, the extra cost is worth it.

-dave

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

You won't know if it's for you until you try, but I would.

If you will utilize the pools, food court and appreciate better theming, landscaping, etc., then yes. If you really only use the resort to sleep, maybe no.

You should try it so you will know for your future visits if it added enough to your experience to warrant the extra cost.

Upvote 0

Korfar

We have stayed on property the last 4 times we went and have hit all the values. This time we spent the extra to upgrade to the moderate instead of paying the upgrade in the dining plan. This way it is a new resort for us. We are there 9 nights total so it was about the $360 additional for the moderate vs the value with the dining upgrade. I feel it is worth it for a new experience, 2 sinks, fridge, waterslide and hot tub and from what I hear from people who have stayed at moderates vs value, it is quieter at the moderates. We will find out after our stay if it was worth the additional money but for now it seems worht it to me.

Upvote 0

glee

Ive stayed at caribbean beach and personally there was nothing special about it. No difference between mod and value to me. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

bhg469

I feel the difference between values and mods may not be worth the difference IMO in some cases. If you are talking about going from any of the all stars to Coronado Springs for example definitely worth it The food court and transportation alone are on a different level. If you are talking about pop though it gets a little tougher to change IMO.. I actually felt like I was staying at a value when I was visiting Caribbean Beach and I think I would prefer POP to it when you consider the price..

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0

We're staying 3 nights at the YC (we love it but can't really justify the cost for anymore than 3 nights). 3 nights should give us a taste of our favorite resort and then we'll be switching over to another resort and we'll be on the free dining package! We'll have 9 nights at the other resort...

Save my $360 and stay at ASMusic (which we like btw) or splurge and try out a mod. for the first time?

NewfieFan - you sound a lot like our family. Values work out great, transportation is good, etc. We usually rent a fridge as well. Usually Moderates are a good 6-$800 more expensive for our long trips, so we stick with Values. HOWEVER...

I think if you look at that $360, and you have it to spend, it will be worth it to try the Moderate. If you love it - great! You'll know what to try next time. If you don't - no worries. Back to ASM the following year. I feel like for that amount of money it's something you should try!

Plus going from the YC to POR or POFQ will be less of a shock, lol :wave: Have fun!

Upvote 0

goofykt

We're planning on ASMusic but we're paying for a fridge for 9 nights and we're upgrading to the regular dining plan b/c we have enough ADRs to justify the cost to upgrade. When you factor in the rental for the fridge and the cost to upgrade the DDP it's only about $360 difference between value and mod. (price based on standard rooms).

Same dilemna for us too. After we figured in the upgrade from Quick Service to Disney Dining, it was only about $400 less to stay at the Value. We were this close to making the switch to a Mod, but then we took another look at how much we'd actually be in the room, and had a debate over whether we'd rather spend the money on the room or souvenirs....and the Value resort won out.

Upvote 0

RetiredFRN

Go For It!

I have stayed at value, moderate and deluxe resorts. For that amount of money I would upgrade. Yes, you just sleep there but there are alot of other things that go along with staying at a higher end resort. Yes, you do get treated a little better, yes the rooms are nicer with more amenities, yes the pools are better, yes the atmosphere is better, yes the bus stops are nicer and YES..... Should I day more? The YES's have it.:wave:

Upvote 0

eagleis4031

We was in the same boat last year. We did pick to stay in Csr. We loved it and would go back again. We stayed in castie 4 and just had a short walk to the bus stop. It was the first stop in the resort. Just do your research and you will be fine where ever stay. Just remember to fax a room request on where u would like to stay in the resort. Like near the pool, bus stop, or even the lobby. Good Luck and Have a Great vacation!!!!! YOU GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom